any trades you think donnie should make?

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
Amare will be a knick in 2010, the suns will be asking for lee and chandler. unless they take curry then we really shouldnt do it. LEE and AMARE will be a monster Center Forward combo

New New York

Quiet Storm
Trade anything the suns want beside gallinari for amare stuadamire

Hmmm...What about Shaq?

I think we could send them Steph and Wilson (possibly a pick although I would hate to) for Shaq

Ok I know why there is going to be skepticism about this one but lets take a deeper look.

Phoenix is looking to clear house and truthfully there is no equal value for Shaq at this point in his career. So if they trade Shaq an expiring contract and a young player like Wilson could do it. Shaq isnt in there long term plans, and they can go after Boozer (who is commited to testing the market this summer) to pair up with Amare who will serve as a better compliment than Shaq and will also provide Amare w/ incentive to stay in 2010, and a nice backup if he bounces. Wilson also replaces Grant Hill if he retires after this season

Now for us....This is a calculated risk. His contract is up by the critical point. We are trading away Wilson, but, it doesnt seem like it would make sense to keep both he and Danillo. The Suns are looking for more defense minded players and Wilson would be a better fit in that regard. Trading a pick isnt as bad as it seems considering that it couldnt come until 2012 at the earliest.

Shaq would easily become the best Center in the league. He knows Dantoni's system somewhat having played in it thus taking him less time to gel. And you have to think that he and D. Lee become the best froncourt in the East. It also gives us another option when those jumpers arent falling. Shaq will never be mistaken w/ Mutombo, but, he does give players driving to the something to think about, which is a major upgrade from where we are now.

The Suns
Nash
Richardson/Bell
Hill/Wilson
Lopez
Amare

They have played without Shaq for a lot of the season already so whats another 30 games. This team isnt just striving for 8th place, just making 8 is like missing the playoffs considering how good they have been in years past, so in the event they miss the playoffs they collect their lottery pick and have the cap created by this trade to be active this off season.

The Knicks
Duhon/Nate
Q/Nate
Al /Danillo
David Lee/Tim Thomas
Shaq/Jefferies

If this team gels in time could be a very dangerous 8th seed. And if not this is a 5 seed in the East next season giving us hope for bringing in a major player in 2010.

Who knows maybe with Shaq around Curry is inspired to get into shape and then we can move him or he opts out in 2010 giving us room to go after some players. Ok probably a pipe dream!

Here is another pipe dream....Shaq is traded to us and is able to convince AI to come over for cheap.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
STAT, he will be the next Bernard King if the Knicks can get him.
Their games are absolutely NOTHING alike. Stat could more likely be a flashier David West if he brings in a solid mid-range game. I can't see Amare exercising the patented base line fade away like Bernard of old. Maybe he could put in some Karl Malone numbers & play a similar game off picks and post up jumpers but be far less numbingly boring?

Also, if Stat does come here, he and Duhon will play some good pick & roll ball together. If the Suns are willing to trade for anyone, it'll be Lee without question, & we've all seen how well Duhon plays the pick & roll with him.

I'm not too keen on Stat but I'd accept him willingly if Q Rich was trounced.
He is a complete lesbian.

Lee & Q Rich for Stat

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yes, I want Donnie Walsh to trade Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson, but it will never happen.

TunerAddict

Starter
We need to rid ourselves of the plague that is Nate Robinson ASAP. I can't take his idiocy anymore. All the athleticism in the world, but with a 10 cent brain.

portega1968

El Cacique
we need to suspend Dantoni's sponsorship deal with Pringles until he agrees to stop playing Jared Jeffries.

I would gladly give up Lee and Chandler if we get Amare and JRich in return

metrocard

Legend
Non tradeable

Lee
Gallinari

Keep, but tradeable
Duhon

Tradeable
Robinson
Chandler
Harrington
TT

Need to get out
JJ
Richardson
Rose
Curry
James
Robertson

as i said in a previous thread, i wonder if chicago would take, lee,curry, and jeffires for hughes and noah?
isn't hughes unhappy there?

harrington, rose, the 2011 first round pick for amare?

camby for harrington?

i would not trade our first pick this year.

camby we could probably get for harrington straight up.
New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
125.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Marcus Camby
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.7 REB: 12.8 AST: 2.2 PER: 20.45
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Al Harrington
lac.gif
Los Angeles Clippers

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
308.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.2 REB: 6.2 AST: 1.3 PER: 15.54
Outgoing Players: Marcus Camby

and as i said in my trade lee thread,

allow me to quote myself:cool:
Quote:
rumor has it the hornets owner is having financial trouble, which is the reason why their have been the rumors of trading chandler.
i'd trade lee and rose for tyson in a heartbeat.
New Orleans Hornets

739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.26
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76
Outgoing Players: Tyson Chandler
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.18
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

I'd make these trades.:D

smokes

Huge Member
_______√ictory_______;83587 said:
camby we could probably get for harrington straight up.
New York Knicks

125.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Marcus Camby
Outgoing Players: Al Harrington
lac.gif
Los Angeles Clippers

308.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.2 REB: 6.2 AST: 1.3 PER: 15.54
Outgoing Players: Marcus Camby

and as i said in my trade lee thread,

allow me to quote myself:cool:
Quote:
rumor has it the hornets owner is having financial trouble, which is the reason why their have been the rumors of trading chandler.
i'd trade lee and rose for tyson in a heartbeat.
New Orleans Hornets

739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.26
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76
Outgoing Players: Tyson Chandler
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.18
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

I'd make these trades.:D

Word, either Camby or Chandler is exactly the type of big man we need. But I guess the Knicks are trying to make trades wherever possible, it's their (Donnie's) job after all. I prefer the Camby trade though since the only thing we get from the Chandler trade is, well, Chandler, and Lee is our best chance of dropping our useless contracts like Curry.

Word, either Camby or Chandler is exactly the type of big man we need. But I guess the Knicks are trying to make trades wherever possible, it's their (Donnie's) job after all. I prefer the Camby trade though since the only thing we get from the Chandler trade is, well, Chandler, and Lee is our best chance of dropping our useless contracts like Curry.

we aren't gonna be able to get rid of curry until next year.
lee is a free agent this year.

New New York

Quiet Storm
How about a game of Russian Roulette!

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
125.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Marcus Camby
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
194.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Baron Davis
Salary: $11,250,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 15.9 REB: 3.3 AST: 7.8 PER: 15.41
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, Wilson Chandler
lac.gif
Los Angeles Clippers

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
509.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3194.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Wilson Chandler
Salary: $1,173,480 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.6 REB: 5.0 AST: 2.1 PER: 11.93
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Marcus Camby, Baron Davis

This deal is and Isiah Thomas deall all the way. It's a deal that would make us solid team if it works, but, would make us look like the biggest idiots in the world if it doesnt.

So my question to you Donnie is....Do you feel lucky?

I was watching The Clippers and Bobcats game tonight (Barrack wasnt on till 8 so I needed something to pass the time) and I thought of this trade, not that I would actully be for it, but, on paper it would make us better. Ofcourse Baron Davis would represent our first FA signing of 2010 and we would for sure have to move Curry off the books to add another player. But our starting lineup would be.

Duhon/Davis
Davis/Nate
Q Richardson/Gallo
Lee/Tim
Camby/D Lee/Jefferies

David Lee's new found ability to score in one on one situatins balances out our froncourt. Plus can you imagine the amount of rebounds.

The Clippers suck this year and are regretting signing Davis (although Brand's injury makes it easier to swallow) they would love to dump his contract and start over from scratch. I would insist on an unprotected pick at the very least from them to even truly consider this given that Baron is signed all the way through 2013, Yikes!

Come to think of it....no way should we do this deal! If Baron wast so injury prone then maybe.