Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: all about the N.Y. JETS

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Antonio gates is the only one that worries me. If I were coach I would stick Revis on him.
    Don't underestimate Vincent Jackson to though. You take Revis off of Jackson and he'll explode, hes an excellent downfield receiver. Obviously if Revis is covering him, he'll negate him, but that opens up Gates. It's pick your poison for you guys. Ill give you this though, you guys sort of faced a similiar situation against my Falcons when you had to cover Gonzalez and White. The Jets did a great job until the end. My pick may be to extreme now thinking about it, but I'll stick with it.

And @ Sly: LT wasn't bitching. In my opinion this guy is a pro's pro. He stuck with this team when they were TERRIBLE. I know you guys can't forget the pre-Brees/Rivers Chargers. No talent except LT, and i never remember any stories about him asking for a trade or complaining. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserves to win at least one with the Chargers.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Don't underestimate Vincent Jackson to though. You take Revis off of Jackson and he'll explode, hes an excellent downfield receiver. Obviously if Revis is covering him, he'll negate him, but that opens up Gates. It's pick your poison for you guys. Ill give you this though, you guys sort of faced a similiar situation against my Falcons when you had to cover Gonzalez and White. The Jets did a great job until the end. My pick may be to extreme now thinking about it, but I'll stick with it.

And @ Sly: LT wasn't bitching. In my opinion this guy is a pro's pro. He stuck with this team when they were TERRIBLE. I know you guys can't forget the pre-Brees/Rivers Chargers. No talent except LT, and i never remember any stories about him asking for a trade or complaining. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserves to win at least one with the Chargers.

I admired the old Ladainian as well. Last year though (i think it was last year?), when the chargers were in the playoffs, LT did not want to tough it out and play. He had a small injury and decided not to go in the game. That's bull****. Especially considering how Rivers played a game with a broken leg(something like that). Character-wise, I don't see him the same way I use to.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

1. Strength of Schedule: Jets = 52% Opponent win %, Chargers = 45%
    -The Chargers played 6 games against teams picking in the 10 of the draft (Raiders x2, Chiefs x2, Cleveland, and Washington)
    -The AFC West was the AFC's weakest Division

2. The Chargers lost 2 games to teams that play a 3-4 blitzing scheme (Ravens + Steelers)
    -The Browns who also play a 3-4, only lost by 7
    -Rivers threw 2 picks against the Ravens Defense

3. The Chargers are 10th in Total Offense - 5th in passing, 31st in rushing vs. the Jets who's defense is 1st overall - 1st against the pass, 8th against the run
    -The Chargers have not had a 100 yard rusher in 1 game all year

4. The Chargers Defense is 20th against the run giving up 120 yards per game, the Jets Rushing offense is 1st - 172 ypg

5. The Chargers may be 20th against the run, but they give up 4.5 yards per carry to their opponent.
    -4.5 yards per carry is what the Jets offense averages and that stat is 3rd best in the league
    -This means that tho the chargers only give up 120 ypg on the ground (20th), they are actually worse than you think at defending it. They merely force teams into passing more by getting ahead, which keeps the rushing numbers lower than they should be.

6. The Chargers receivers average the following Yards per catch: Floyd + Jackson = 17.2 and neither has more than 70 catches
    -this means that the Chargers rely on big plays in the passing game and lack ball control; they are a quick strike team
    -the Jets defense does not give up many big plays
    -Gates has the most catches with 79 and he averages 14.6 a catch - I believe he is the X-factor in this game for the Jets

7. The Chargers opponents have passed more than they have 514 vs. 534
    -this means the Chargers get up quickly and force teams to catch up by passing, which evens out the time of possession to 30 min each team

8. The Chargers Defense is 23rd in the league in 3rd down conversions, giving up a 1st down 40.4% of the time
    -they have trouble forcing 3rd and longs because of their rushing defense

9. The Jets are 9-0 when Mark Sanchez does not throw an Interception
    -Keep in mind the Jets were -2 in the Turnover Differential for the season and went 9-7 (8-0 when Mark throws 0 INTs)

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Chargers-45
    Jets-14

I see Sanchez getting picked off at least 2-3 times in this game.

hmm 45-14 was the right score. but wrong teams for now lol

Saints 45
    Cards 14

LOL, Reggie Bush is god btw...

we'll see how my prediction stacks up tomorrow though

Sanchez needs to start throwing the football. Jets have nothing to lose by doing so. Their running game isen't working. Spread the ball around.

This is absolutely ridicoulous. The Jets are 6-0 when i make a bet against them this year. I made a bet against them in that Bengals game, and now the Chargers game.

4th quarter right now Jets up 17-7. WIth 7:17 to go

But they never win when i think they'll win.

We'll see how things end up though. Rivers can score in bunches.

17-14 Jets...im stunned, shocked, terrified

They are now 7-0 this year when i predict against them wtf?

Colts gonna win for sure though

Colts 20
    Jets 10

Colts going to the super bowl again

12th man

Knicks, you're a fool...just stop it already.

Defense wins championships, and Jet's offense doesn't make that many mistakes anymore. Shonn Greene is developing into one of the most explosive backs in the league. We have the best rushing attack, the best offensive line, and the best overall defense, with the best defensive player in the LEAGUE and one of the best KICKERS.

This team is destined for a superbowl...stop hating.

Jets 20 Colts 17

Originally Posted by metrocard

Defense wins championships, and Jet's offense doesn't make that many mistakes anymore. Shonn Greene is developing into one of the most explosive backs in the league. We have the best rushing attack, the best offensive line, and the best overall defense, with the best defensive player in the LEAGUE and one of the best KICKERS.

Jets 20 Colts 17
    In all fairness, metro, if Nate Kaeding hits two make-able field goals, the Jets are sitting home right now.

Colts defense plays a different style than the Chargers...they are incredibly fast, and with Peyton Manning at the helm, if this team gets a lead it's hard to get points back. Should be an interesting game, both teams have a little something extra to prove (The Jets that they can beat the Colts even if they play their starters, the Colts that the Jets can't beat them with their starters in).

Never underestimate Peyton Manning and how he can change the game.

Peyton Manning will pick them apart. I see minus the points cashing in ATS. I can't Imagine the Jets will score more than 17 and that won't be enough.

Jets 20 Colts 17
    Actually it's better for Jets fans when i hate. Whenever I think they'll win, they lose. Whenever I think they'll lose theywin. Just look at my last two predictions, it's been like that the whole year. :/

Greene came outta nowhere in the middle of the year. Was that Leon Washington injury a blessing in disguise? Had to say it but it sorta was.

12th man

A BLESSING????

Washington and Greene are BOTH EFFICIENT EXPLOSIVE running backs.

Jets overcame serious injuries with Jenkins and Washington, arguable two of their best players.

KBlacks, if if if. if Sanchez didn't throw an INT, Jets would of scored, if if if.

All that matters is what happens.

Jets owned the Chargers, and they're going to OWN the COLTS.

Peyton Manning is STOPPABLE, and Colt's defense isn't that strong. Jets beat this team before, and I don't care if they gave it away. You don't give games away in Sports, the type of teams who do normally don't make it to the superbowl. Colts suck, **** them. Lets go Jets.

KBlacks, if if if. if Sanchez didn't throw an INT, Jets would of scored, if if if.

All that matters is what happens.

Jets owned the Chargers, and they're going to OWN the COLTS.

Peyton Manning is STOPPABLE, and Colt's defense isn't that strong. Jets beat this team before, and I don't care if they gave it away. You don't give games away in Sports, the type of teams who do normally don't make it to the superbowl. Colts suck, **** them. Lets go Jets.
    Oh, I don't doubt that a million ifs and 2.25 will get you a ride on the subway, but the Jets did not dominate that football game. They did not "own" the Chargers, they beat them in a nice game. But the Jets offense was not moving the ball all that well before the 4th quarter. But the Jets rushing offense wears teams out, if you noticed that 4th quarter the Chargers tackling was all out of wack (hence, Greene's amazing touchdown run), guys missing tackles they teach you how to make in high school. The issue for the Jets is this is not a defense that relies on their power. They have Freeney up front, but this team flies all over the field, it's almost like they have 12 guys out there.

Colts defense isn't strong, but they are fast and they tackle well. Undoubtedly, Peyton Manning is stoppable, but I'm not sure the Jets style stops a guy like Peyton Manning. Phil Rivers is a guy way overrated by the media, he's a decent QB but the fact is when the media says "He doesn't notice the pressure," and that's supposed to be a GOOD thing, well that's not good at all.

Manning is exceptional at picking up the blitz and changing the plays to understand it. I'm sure Ryan has a trick or two up his sleeve to disguise coverage, but no one in this league (maybe in history) understands defenses and what they are trying to do quite like Peyton Manning.

I think the Jets make it interesting though, anything can happen on any Sunday. You never know.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Oh, I don't doubt that a million ifs and 2.25 will get you a ride on the subway, but the Jets did not dominate that football game. They did not "own" the Chargers, they beat them in a nice game. But the Jets offense was not moving the ball all that well before the 4th quarter. But the Jets rushing offense wears teams out, if you noticed that 4th quarter the Chargers tackling was all out of wack (hence, Greene's amazing touchdown run), guys missing tackles they teach you how to make in high school. The issue for the Jets is this is not a defense that relies on their power. They have Freeney up front, but this team flies all over the field, it's almost like they have 12 guys out there.

Colts defense isn't strong, but they are fast and they tackle well. Undoubtedly, Peyton Manning is stoppable, but I'm not sure the Jets style stops a guy like Peyton Manning. Phil Rivers is a guy way overrated by the media, he's a decent QB but the fact is when the media says "He doesn't notice the pressure," and that's supposed to be a GOOD thing, well that's not good at all.

Manning is exceptional at picking up the blitz and changing the plays to understand it. I'm sure Ryan has a trick or two up his sleeve to disguise coverage, but no one in this league (maybe in history) understands defenses and what they are trying to do quite like Peyton Manning.

I think the Jets make it interesting though, anything can happen on any Sunday. You never know.

The Jets remind me of the Ravens from last year (obv Ryan was their D-cord). I think these Jets are better than the Ravens of last year to. But Manning is to good. He'll pick up those blitzes. And the Colts will win.

On a sidenote there has to be some kind of boycott against Derelle Revis. He's to good. It's not even fair lol. Anytime Rivers/Palmer even looked in his direction it'd be an EPIC FAIL.