Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: all about the N.Y. JETS

The Jets are in!

Talk about shutting down a Cincinatti Bengal team that many people picked as the favorite coming into this game.The Jet defense completely took the Bengals out of their passing game and were able to slow down their running game.For a second I thought I was watching the defense of the '85 Bears.

Their offense looked great as well.I liked how they executed the wild cat offense and how they dominated the Bengals 190 to 7 in first half rushing.Even though Mark Sanchez didn't have any touchdown passes I was happy that he didn't throw any interceptions.

It's good to watch Rex Ryan take the Jets to the playoffs in his first season with them.After last season's collapse by Brett Farve and Eric Mangini and after their off season departure a lot of people were unsure whether the Jets had the ability to make the playoffs.But the real turning point for the Jets this season was last week's game against the Colts.They took advantage of Jim Caldwells's decision to rest Peyton Manning.Hopefully they will continue to have this kind of success against the Bengals next Saturday.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Jan 04, 2010 at 00:08.

Never been prouder to be a Jets fan. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
    #1 Rushing Attack #1 Defense...Deadly Playoff combo!

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    If the jets dont win this Sunday... It's over for both NY football teams...
    This quote was before the jacksonville game about a month ago. Things looked bleak after the jacksonville loss, and even more so after the atlanta loss. Didn't think we would make it to the playoffs after the ATL game, but everything fell into place for us and we were able to be in control of our own destiny coming into the game against cincy.

Coming into week 17, the Jets did not need other teams to lose or win for them. It was all on the Jets and they came through with the win.

Yesterdays victory by the Jets was a thing of beauty. A masterpiece. A work of art. It was exquisite. I can go on and on, but I won't. Why? Because I ran out of words of praise, that's why.

Not only did we shut down cincy, but we also shut ochocinco's big mouth up yesterday. He had 0 catches, courtesy of Darrelle Revis- Shutdown King.

Now, its playoff time. We play cincy again this saturday. I'm expecting close to the same results as yesterdays game. There's no doubt in my mind that we got this one coming up.

Oh yeah, one more thing. To all Giants' fans: it's a damn shame what happened to your team. Keep your head up, you'll do better next year.

i love watching the g-pansies get dominated seeing eli manning choke all over must have made all those giants fans real happy that hes the highest paid QB in the league huh?

not a jets fan, but on their note, its a great way to start year one for sanchise. he had his ups and major downs but thats expected outta a rookie. i think edwards will embrace being part of nyc, and next year expect him to be a 1000 yd reciever with 10 or more TD's. i think the jets will get wrecked by the bengals in da playoffs (u guys know that the bungals lost that game on purpose, theyd rather play the sanchez-led jets rather than the scaub-led texans), but they really have a lot going for them in the future. i believe sanchez will be sanchise, u got the best CB in the world help leading an extremely potent defense. jones has been solid, and greene will help solidfy things next year. i expected a bit more outta clowney who knows maybe next year? but im sayin 11-5 next year for the jets. the future is bright for you guys. but not as bright as us falcons fans and im a mike vick fan to, so hopefuly he goes to oakland and resurects that franchise from the "jawalrus russell" era.

Jets are one step closer to the Super Bowl.

Another stellar performance by the Jets against Chad Ochocinco and the Bengals.Their defense wasn't as dominating as it was in Sunday's game but Mark Sanchez was good enough to pass for 182 yards.

It was funny watching Ochocinco cry like a 1st grader after he was talking a lot of trash last weekend.Darrelle Revis and the Jet defense sure put him to sleep these past couple of games.Hopefully they can do the same to their next opponent, whoever that may be.

Once again, Rex Ryan is motivating his players in the right way by giving them championship aspirations.The road will get a lot tougher for the Jets the next time they play but if they can find a way to knock off the Colts or the Chargers I like their chances of advancing to the Super Bowl and winning it all.They still have a long way to go but it is not an impossibility for them.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Jan 09, 2010 at 20:13.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20

i think the jets will get wrecked by the bengals in da playoffs (u guys know that the bungals lost that game on purpose, theyd rather play the sanchez-led jets rather than the scaub-led texans).
    Damnnnnn. What retard wrote that??? I would hate to be the guy that predicted to pick the Bengals. Oh whoops, that was me lol. Well that's what happens when you make a blind statement. I've never watched a Bengals game this year until yesterday, and assumed that Carson Palmer was the old Carson Palmer. While watching the game yesterday I was shocked to see how inept the passing game for the bengals was. I said it before and I'll say it again, Derelle Revis is an animal, it is almost unfair to have a corner that is that talented. But it wasn't just Revis, Palmer was missing throws and he reminded more of JaWalrus Russell than of the old Palmer. The Jets running game is so special. The Bengals knew it was coming, but the Jets kept getting yards. All i can say is that if Sanchez does fulfill his promise, this team will be outright scary. You guys better hope he doesn't have a sophmore slump. And more good news for Jets fans on this site. I'm predicting the Jets get destroyed no matter who they play. Last time I said that i was very wrong lol.

Bring on the Chargers!

Originally Posted by TheBig****
    Bring on the Chargers!
    Chargers-45
    Jets-14

I see Sanchez getting picked off at least 2-3 times in this game.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ Your a fool.

SANCHIZE!!!!!

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Your a fool.

SANCHIZE!!!!!

sanchez isnt "sanchize" yet that why i think the jets will lose. phillip rivers in on a tear, hes been absolutely disgusting. I want to see LT win a ring before he retires to.

sanchez isnt "sanchize" yet that why i think the jets will lose. phillip rivers in on a tear, hes been absolutely disgusting. I want to see LT win a ring before he retires to.

****kkk outttttttaa here......sanchize doesn't have to be as sharp as rivers to win. Sanchize has two really good running backs behind him, while Rivers has a HOF wayyyyy past his prime and a small fast guy. Jets win this game with smart clock management.

Jets 27
    Chargers 24

Lets Go Jets!!!!!!!!!

30-17 Jets
    Jackson/Floyd/Tomlinson does not scare me. Revis will shut down Jackson and NYJ have faced 2nd WRs better than Floyd (ex: Welker). Tomlinson is not the LT of 3 years ago. We faced and hung in with QBs like Manning, Brees, Brady, etc... However Gates does scare me. He is the best all around TE in the NFL. We faced Tony Gonzalez this year and we neutralized him (besides the GW TD at the end.), but Gates in younger and more of a threat. The Jets run game will beat the 20th ranked run defense.
    Book it: Jones and Greene will both have 100+ yards rushing.

This game is interesting for the Jets...

Jets specialize in stopping the pass, all the Chargers can do is pass. Jets will rely on the run, Chargers can't stop the run. The match-up really could not have worked out better for the Jets.

But this won't be the Cincy game. Cincy had one passing weapon, Ochocinco. Revis might be able to shut down Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers have shown the ability to win games without going to Jackson, including a game at home v. Philly where Jackson had 1 reception. The X-Factor of this game is probably Antonio Gates. If Gates runs free, the Jets lose this game big. If Gates is covered, the Jets stand a puncher's chance.

I bet from the Chargers we see a ton of Gates, a ton of Sproles catching passes out of the backfield, limited amounts of an older (and I don't think very good anymore) LT, and possibly a jumpball or two in Jackson's direction. The other wild card is Norv Turner...of all the coaches in the league he's the one I like betting on the least. He's probably the 32nd best head coach in the NFL.

Jets will need to score quickly, to take the crowd out of it. I'm betting about a 50/50 split between Green and Jones. I don't know how the coaching staff feels about Braylon Edwards but if I were them I don't want to rely on him in a big spot. You just don't know which Edwards will show up. Sanchez can not turn the ball over, period. Even one turn over and the Jets chances of winning drop severly.

I think the Jets play well, but not well enough to win. 27-17 Chargers, but the game is closer than you think as the Chargers seal the game with a late touchdown.

LT doesn't deserve to win anything, especially after bitching out last year.

I hope rivers is praying hard this week. He's going to need GOD's help to pull this one out.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    This game is interesting for the Jets...

Jets specialize in stopping the pass, all the Chargers can do is pass. Jets will rely on the run, Chargers can't stop the run. The match-up really could not have worked out better for the Jets.

But this won't be the Cincy game. Cincy had one passing weapon, Ochocinco. Revis might be able to shut down Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers have shown the ability to win games without going to Jackson, including a game at home v. Philly where Jackson had 1 reception. The X-Factor of this game is probably Antonio Gates. If Gates runs free, the Jets lose this game big. If Gates is covered, the Jets stand a puncher's chance.

I bet from the Chargers we see a ton of Gates, a ton of Sproles catching passes out of the backfield, limited amounts of an older (and I don't think very good anymore) LT, and possibly a jumpball or two in Jackson's direction. The other wild card is Norv Turner...of all the coaches in the league he's the one I like betting on the least. He's probably the 32nd best head coach in the NFL.

Jets will need to score quickly, to take the crowd out of it. I'm betting about a 50/50 split between Green and Jones. I don't know how the coaching staff feels about Braylon Edwards but if I were them I don't want to rely on him in a big spot. You just don't know which Edwards will show up. Sanchez can not turn the ball over, period. Even one turn over and the Jets chances of winning drop severly.

I think the Jets play well, but not well enough to win. 27-17 Chargers, but the game is closer than you think as the Chargers seal the game with a late touchdown.

Antonio gates is the only one that worries me. If I were coach I would stick Revis on him.