This last week was "Dream Week?"

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
more like disaster week for the knicks, we lost all 3 games and each game one of the superstars on the opposing team erupted for points of for something.......example: Lebron did it for cleveland, Kobe did it for L.A. and Allen did it for Boston. i know the game threads are for this kind of analysis and such but......whats everyones thoughts about dream week? or as i call it disaster week.

D-LEE42FAN

mikelee

Rookie
i dont think this past week is a disaster for the knicks, they did not lost by a lot, they all had a chance to win these 3 games but because the other teams' superstars' clutch performances, we lost..

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i dont think this past week is a disaster for the knicks, they did not lost by a lot, they all had a chance to win these 3 games but because the other teams' superstars' clutch performances, we lost..

This is some mo bullshit.

I don't want a winless week

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't think this was a bad week..I mean I don't think anybody expected the knicks to be win any of these games..A win would have been a surprise upset.

If the knicks don't make the playoffs, it won't be because they lost games to Boston, Cleveland or LA, it will be because they lost games to Milwaukee, Indiana, Oklahoma..teams that they should beat.

So as long as these losses don't send the Knicks into a cold streak then there should be no problem. I don't think that will be the case because they played good in all 3 games, good enough to beat most of the teams in the NBA...just not the top 3.

No crying, if the knicks lose against Portland no crying either. The Knicks still have as good a shot as the other weak teams to win the 8 spot.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks can still finish the week with a win, against the Trailblazers on Sunday.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Man come on. We were so bad last year! you should be happy that we even hung with these teams this week! You have to hope for the best and expect the worst. Guess what, Kobe dropped 61 and Lebron almost had a triple double against and we hung with the world champs until the last 5 mins of the game, and ya know something.. We never quit. That is such a huge improvement from last year. Mike D' has these guys playing at such a high level it really is amazing that we are almost at the all star break and we are two wins behind our entire win total from last year. Take solace in the fact that we are getting back on track and with the addition of a couple key players we will be TITLE contenders really soon. Keep the faith, Support them, Love them, Pretty soon New York and The Knicks will be right where they belong. Top of the world!!!!!!!!!

:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

quiggle

Starter
this was expected, what was surprising was the Garden crowd and their Joe Torre-esque treatment to their own players.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
u cant win against the top 3 teams when ur main scorer is al harrington

on top of that, celtics ran a steadier offense just walkin into midrange shots and havin allen driftin around, obviously no real defense against perk and garnett either

plus a lot of mercy shots @ the end when they should just go to the paint, but then again its hard to know what will work when most of knick points come from 3's, layups or dunks, they need to develop better midrange game as a third option

lot of players still need to be traded moreso than dantoni teachin em, and chandler really needs to work on his offensive moves if hes gonna be takin so many ugly ass shots inside

this guy is only impressive on defense despite what im hearin, but even just stayin IN FRONT of the guy aint gonna be good enough to distract nba offense, hence all those midrange shots kobe and lebron drained on him

another problem is the only quickness they have is robinson, celtics have that in rondo annd allen, and then get deception from pierce

thats not gonna be enough to get into playoffs, u cant run plays all game and expect to win

chandler may have decent trade value with his 13ppg and future promise...knicks needa take that lil risk especially when gallinari is better on both sides

honesstly tho, if they can just get a quick scoring SG(even tho any team would want one) for chandler and currry, maybe some1 like COURTNEY LEE, knicks gon improve trust me

im just hopin they dont go for barbosa as hed be a huge liability on d

metrocard

Legend

on top of that, celtics ran a steadier offense just walkin into midrange shots and havin allen driftin around, obviously no real defense against perk and garnett either

plus a lot of mercy shots @ the end when they should just go to the paint, but then again its hard to know what will work when most of knick points come from 3's, layups or dunks, they need to develop better midrange game as a third option

lot of players still need to be traded moreso than dantoni teachin em, and chandler really needs to work on his offensive moves if hes gonna be takin so many ugly ass shots inside

this guy is only impressive on defense despite what im hearin, but even just stayin IN FRONT of the guy aint gonna be good enough to distract nba offense, hence all those midrange shots kobe and lebron drained on him

another problem is the only quickness they have is robinson, celtics have that in rondo annd allen, and then get deception from pierce

thats not gonna be enough to get into playoffs, u cant run plays all game and expect to win

chandler may have decent trade value with his 13ppg and future promise...knicks needa take that lil risk especially when gallinari is better on both sides

honesstly tho, if they can just get a quick scoring SG(even tho any team would want one) for chandler and currry, maybe some1 like COURTNEY LEE, knicks gon improve trust me

Innovative post.
I like it.
welcome to the forum.

I rather rock with Barbosa than Robinson.
Barbosa's defense pops out of no where sometimes. His long wingspan and footwork make him effective. Only problem he's soft...so he doesn't have confidence in his D.

Red

TYPE-A

Good attempt at trying to analyze the game/Knicks. You could of summed it up by saying we can't play D.

It has nothing to do with AH being your leading scorer. Cetlics ran a "steadier" offense, wtf...? They are the Champs right? Then getting on Chandler who's basically a rookie...?SMH Yeah thats really the problem! Gallinari is better? How? His 3pt shot but all around he isn't better at this stage, he's unpolished, Chandler is further along than him. MF's making the sh*t more complicated than it really is. Upgrades are warranted to even gain an iota of respect and it has to do with our big men and defense. Simple motherf*ckers! Defense! Rebounding! Block Shots....sh*t I'll settle for some "altered shots" every once in a while. And a clutch shooter down the stretch wouldn't hurt.

smokes

Huge Member
The Knicks can still finish the week with a win, against the Trailblazers on Sunday.

Best post ever, love the optimism.

Was an OK week, we didn't get blown out, we just couldn't stop Lebron or Kobe, no surprise there.

Was some promising plays in this week too, Chandler posterizing KG and Perkins, Duhon and Lee running their picknroll to perfection against all three teams.

Last night nate just depressed me, charging to the bucket with up and under reverse layups against 3 defenders and shit, trade his ass away immediately while we still can.