Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 03'

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i doubt Griffey is/was on the juice you cant really blame the players that did steriods yes they did disgrace the game, and was basically a slap in the face to those greats before them, it's just the generation of the game now....

From a legal standpoint, Babe Ruth was using banned substances...Beer. He played during prohibition and drank quite a lot.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    From a legal standpoint, Babe Ruth was using banned substances...Beer. He played during prohibition and drank quite a lot.
    you can't be serious.... Right?

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    wow....now this makes me wonder who DIDNT take steriods? only clean player is Griffey for that he the best player of our generation point-blank.
    Mike Piazza? Not saying he's the best player... But he's clean...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Mike Piazza? Not saying he's the best player... But he's clean...
    he was good too, real consistent kinda like a Mark Texiera

Just got a text sent to me... Our president just had the following statement about A-Roid - He said its "Depressing news in a Tarnished MLB Era" Sad... Just sad.

Question Mark What about other players???

Originally Posted by quiggle
    it makes you appreciate the legend of Ken Griiffey Jr. even more.
    What if Griffey took steroids?

It seems like every power hitter in that time had some use of it one way or the other. Your telling me that Mo Vaughn, Juan Gonzalez, Sosa, McQuire, Bonds, Albert Belle, Frank Thomas, Jim Thome....the list goes on for miles...that these player did not take roids some time during their career????

Even look at other pitchers like Carl Pavano possbily and Josh Becket who would throw 98 plus for an entire game....How about Randy Johnson?? You never know. There are so man question marks on most players in sports that for ONE guy to get the blame is ridiculous.

we need to know the other 103 players that tested positive or else this is completely ridulous to slander Alex's name when you dont slander the others.

The America public needs to know more about this Slena Roberts person because one false allegation is a huge thing in this case.

She says he took the roids back in highschool and Alex has called her out on that in the interview and she returned by saying he's a lier.

This is going to be a battle between these two people.

Jpz is back to say this one line.....

A-Rod... "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." If you go out looking to hear boos, you WILL fail. If you go out nervous about hearing boos YOU WILL FAIL There is no way you will ever become a popular Yankee until you ignore the inpatient ignorant idiots. Just play ball mah man, I mean you get paid to do it. Why be so stressed?

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    What if Griffey took steroids?

It seems like every power hitter in that time had some use of it one way or the other. Your telling me that Mo Vaughn, Juan Gonzalez, Sosa, McQuire, Bonds, Albert Belle, Frank Thomas, Jim Thome....the list goes on for miles...that these player did not take roids some time during their career????

Even look at other pitchers like Carl Pavano possbily and Josh Becket who would throw 98 plus for an entire game....How about Randy Johnson?? You never know. There are so man question marks on most players in sports that for ONE guy to get the blame is ridiculous.

we need to know the other 103 players that tested positive or else this is completely ridulous to slander Alex's name when you dont slander the others.

The America public needs to know more about this Slena Roberts person because one false allegation is a huge thing in this case.

She says he took the roids back in highschool and Alex has called her out on that in the interview and she returned by saying he's a lier.

This is going to be a battle between these two people.
    You beat me to it Paul. I was going to post this. This is so ****ing ridiculous mainly because they ONLY bring out A-Rod's name. And weren't steroids just fine in the MLB in 03? they why the **** yall complaining now.

-sighs- -turns off sportcenter-

Superstar

There was a book that said Babe Ruth was using Horse Hormones or some kinda growth thign for animals. Bottom line is, i don't think everyone was clean since the start of baseball, they just cheated in a different way which is why steroids doesn't really change how i like the game. Like the example i used before, think of how many people cheat at school.. Some have to, to survive because they weren't blessed with the best intellect, some people don't have to but are prefectionists and need that security blanket.

I guess they should make a Hall of Fame for generations pre roids and post roids so the people butthurt about this can stop complaining.

Its funny how most of the people that are angry about this are people that don't really play the game professionally. Forget about the past and just concentrate on the future.

Lightbulb MLB Network analysis and some other information

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Its funny how most of the people that are angry about this are people that don't really play the game professionally. Forget about the past and just concentrate on the future.
    agreed 100%....if ayone here watches the MLB Network...It host harold Reynolds, Al Leiter, Sean Casey...who are all ball players and then Matt Vasgersian and Tom Verducci host who have never set foot on a field.

When you watch the MLB Netowork, especially during this AROD thing, all the ball players were on Alex's side and defending hjim by saying that alot of players took it and it was a thing to do back then. It wasn't illegal and guys could easily get away with it, and there was a need to use to perform at a very high level.

Then Matt Vasgersain and Verducci start sayaying that it is going to ruin Alex's legacy..........Alex stil has 9 or more years of baseball to play to prove himself to these types of peoples.

Note to everybody following this story...

Alex admitted to taking steroids from 2001-2003...he averaged over 50 HR's a year during that time period, and all those years were with the Texas Rangers. His excuse was that he took it due to his huge contract, putting enormous pressure on him and we Yankee fans know that Alex is not good at dealing with a high amount of pressure in any situation.

Alex then realized that he was ruining his career and was acting too selfish and admitted his guilt several times during his interview.

Realize this......

Alex could have lied about the amount of time beiNG that he was only accused of using it one year which was 2003........ALEX ADMITTED TO USING IT LONGER SHOWING THAT HE WENT ALL OUT AND TOLD THE TRUTH.

ALSO REALIZE

If you take out those three years in Texas were he averaged a total of over 150 Hr's and several RBI's.....he is still a ballet for the Hall of fame.

Give him another 10 years in NY + From his first season to 2000(when he was clean) and we know that he can still easily break the 600 Hr mark.