A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 03'

clumsy

Rotation player
A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens are all hall of famers. There are a lot of garbage players that used steroids too, like Jason Giambi's brother.

They have elite hand eye coordination...which i don't think roids help. A-Rod is dumb nice on offense and defense...how can anyone doubt his HOF status.

Quiqqle i went to RPI, engineering school...it's top 15 for that or used to be at least. It was not uncommon for the dumber kids (like myself), or people like A-Rod, who strive to be the best to be in the library all night, hopped up on time release aderols for either exams or projects. Why, cuz i wasn't smart enough to do that well studying without it. In a college where the difference between a 2.8 and a 3.0 means getting a job wtih a 20k salary difference people will take that sacrifice. It is the same thing with sports except the monetary difference is much bigger.

clumsy

Rotation player
Also i will say that in my eyes Using Roids, is different than Corking your bat or scuffing the crap outta the ball.

Because people who do steroids still have to work hard in the gym. In fact it probably allows them to even work harder. I can't blame a person for wanting to be the best they can be, or to get that fat contract.

TunerAddict

Starter
Well what they say is the ARod has better than 20/20 vision which explains his ability to hit better, and Bonds was the same way. They used to say he could see the spin on the ball and be able to tell what type of pitch it was...

Doesn't matter how hard you can hit the ball if you don't have the hand eye coordination to hit it.

As much as I hate Alex Rodriguez, primarily for being a Yankee and the whole Madonna thing, I still have tons of respect for him for his baseball talent.

TunerAddict

Starter
UPDATE!

On ESPN Arod said in an interview that he DID take steroids, starting in 2001 when he arrived in Texas because he felt the pressure to do well.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3894963"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3894963" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
wow....now this makes me wonder who DIDNT take steriods? only clean player is Griffey for that he the best player of our generation point-blank.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
No offense but Griffey had to do roids. Always hurt...would you do steroids if you had Griffey's ability and you were always hurt, and you knew that there was no way to get punished? A-Rod is just one of the guys who got caught. So I can't really blame him for being a cheater. I would really happy if A-Rod broke Hank Aaron's record...(i know its really Bonds but what ever) by 192 HRs (the HRs he hit in between 2001-2003).
Put them all in the Hall and then institue stricter and more comprehensive steriod rules.

quiggle

Starter
well if Griffey did, then at least the last great clean home run hitter of our generation - the Big Hurt!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i doubt Griffey is/was on the juice you cant really blame the players that did steriods yes they did disgrace the game, and was basically a slap in the face to those greats before them, it's just the generation of the game now....

TunerAddict

Starter
From a legal standpoint, Babe Ruth was using banned substances...Beer. He played during prohibition and drank quite a lot.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Just got a text sent to me... Our president just had the following statement about A-Roid - He said its "Depressing news in a Tarnished MLB Era" Sad... Just sad.

Paul1355

All Star
What about other players???

it makes you appreciate the legend of Ken Griiffey Jr. even more.

What if Griffey took steroids?

It seems like every power hitter in that time had some use of it one way or the other. Your telling me that Mo Vaughn, Juan Gonzalez, Sosa, McQuire, Bonds, Albert Belle, Frank Thomas, Jim Thome....the list goes on for miles...that these player did not take roids some time during their career????

Even look at other pitchers like Carl Pavano possbily and Josh Becket who would throw 98 plus for an entire game....How about Randy Johnson?? You never know. There are so man question marks on most players in sports that for ONE guy to get the blame is ridiculous.

we need to know the other 103 players that tested positive or else this is completely ridulous to slander Alex's name when you dont slander the others.

The America public needs to know more about this Slena Roberts person because one false allegation is a huge thing in this case.

She says he took the roids back in highschool and Alex has called her out on that in the interview and she returned by saying he's a lier.

This is going to be a battle between these two people.

jpz17

Starter
Jpz is back to say this one line.....

A-Rod... "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." If you go out looking to hear boos, you WILL fail. If you go out nervous about hearing boos YOU WILL FAIL There is no way you will ever become a popular Yankee until you ignore the inpatient ignorant idiots. Just play ball mah man, I mean you get paid to do it. Why be so stressed?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
What if Griffey took steroids?

It seems like every power hitter in that time had some use of it one way or the other. Your telling me that Mo Vaughn, Juan Gonzalez, Sosa, McQuire, Bonds, Albert Belle, Frank Thomas, Jim Thome....the list goes on for miles...that these player did not take roids some time during their career????

Even look at other pitchers like Carl Pavano possbily and Josh Becket who would throw 98 plus for an entire game....How about Randy Johnson?? You never know. There are so man question marks on most players in sports that for ONE guy to get the blame is ridiculous.

we need to know the other 103 players that tested positive or else this is completely ridulous to slander Alex's name when you dont slander the others.

The America public needs to know more about this Slena Roberts person because one false allegation is a huge thing in this case.

She says he took the roids back in highschool and Alex has called her out on that in the interview and she returned by saying he's a lier.

This is going to be a battle between these two people.

You beat me to it Paul. I was going to post this. This is so ****ing ridiculous mainly because they ONLY bring out A-Rod's name. And weren't steroids just fine in the MLB in 03? they why the **** yall complaining now.

-sighs- -turns off sportcenter-

clumsy

Rotation player
There was a book that said Babe Ruth was using Horse Hormones or some kinda growth thign for animals. Bottom line is, i don't think everyone was clean since the start of baseball, they just cheated in a different way which is why steroids doesn't really change how i like the game. Like the example i used before, think of how many people cheat at school.. Some have to, to survive because they weren't blessed with the best intellect, some people don't have to but are prefectionists and need that security blanket.

I guess they should make a Hall of Fame for generations pre roids and post roids so the people butthurt about this can stop complaining.