A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 03'

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Yeah, But supposedly now they do random drug testing.. He hasn't tested positive since then and hasn't slown down in the production department.. I dont know how I feel about it quite honestly... just more bad face for Major League Baseball...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
A-Rod has never tested positive for a drug test...they just trying to go after a superstar now...

Paul1355

All Star
More info on the story

Yeah, But supposedly now they do random drug testing.. He hasn't tested positive since then and hasn't slown down in the production department.. I dont know how I feel about it quite honestly... just more bad face for Major League Baseball...

We really don't know enough...all we know is that 104 players were tested positive that year and this information was "suppose" to be destroyed but someone forgot to sign off on it and it fell into the wrong hands.

ALex Rodriquez said "Talk to the union...I'm not saying anything."

That's not a good response when your asked a controversial question like this and this is going to hurt him all year unless he gets completely free of this, which I highly doubt.

I've been watching ESPN and the MLB Network on this and everyone is shocked because of how hard he works....Larry Bowa was shocked on this but Jose Canseco back in 07' said that AROD has a lot to hide so maybe Canseco is going to shed some light on this and rat out another player.

AROD and the Yankees have to comment eventually on this and it is going to be a tough season for AROD, even if these allegations are false.

These are only allegations, for now, so AROD has to pick his words wisely.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
How come they only released his name? This is bullshit! If you leak one person's name release everybodys.
A-Rod is still a first ballto HOF'er

quiggle

Starter
These are only allegations, for now, so AROD has to pick his words wisely.

which he, as history has shown, never does

arod_in_pink.jpg

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Hopefully he proves that these allegations are false. But being on pace to hit 800+ home runs does make you wonder...

TunerAddict

Starter
I've been saying it for years...

Dude, Jose Canseco hasn't lied about who did steroids, you'd think after all the ppl he's been right about pll would start believing.

Guys getting your panties in a bunch over this shit. EVERYONE did them. Deal with it. It wasn't against the rules then. Its perfectly fine for it to happen as it wasn't in violation of league policy, thus still the same old same old. The next generation will always have an advantage over the last. Rule changes, new methods of nutrition and training, etc...

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Turner I agree with everything you said.. However you cant let a few bad apples ruin the entire crop.. This is America Innocent until proven guilty... I want solid proof A-Rod Took Steroids before I believe he took them.. I guess will just have to wait and see... But it will be interesting what the yankees/Arod has to say about this.

TunerAddict

Starter
Interesting being that hes already said on camera that he never touched the stuff...

How long did it take you guys to finally believe the Roger Clemens scandal? I believed he roided up before the mitchell report came out.

Paul1355

All Star
Interesting being that hes already said on camera that he never touched the stuff...

How long did it take you guys to finally believe the Roger Clemens scandal? I believed he roided up before the mitchell report came out.

Well Clemens was one of the few guys that denied it...only few I know like Gary Sheffield actually told people flat out that it was a lie. I thought that Clemens really believed he was innocent if he was going to go as far as he was to prove himself not guilty.

I thought Clemens was being falsely accused and I don't rule out the possibility of Alex being falsely accused either, but the way AROD responded by saying "Im not saying anything" shows possible guilt.

TunerAddict

Starter
Clemens did steroids...deal with it...Evidence is there, witnesses are there...Why would NcNamee lie when his staying out of jail relies on him telling the entire truth?

Oh, I'm just gonna tell you all the guys and add Clemens in for fun. I mean, I'm only risking my possible indictment on lying to to the feds, but I just hate that bastard that I worked with for years and years so damn much...

Yep, makes a whole lotta sense.

Paul1355

All Star
Clemens did steroids...deal with it...Evidence is there, witnesses are there...Why would NcNamee lie when his staying out of jail relies on him telling the entire truth?

Oh, I'm just gonna tell you all the guys and add Clemens in for fun. I mean, I'm only risking my possible indictment on lying to to the feds, but I just hate that bastard that I worked with for years and years so damn much...

Yep, makes a whole lotta sense.

Has Clemens been proven guilty and case closed? Because I haven't heard news about it for a while now......And Turner just for the record, Mcnamee can have a million reasons for doing this....what if McNamee purposely gave Clemens the steroids and told him it wasn't roids...it can be a cream or in different substances. So what if McNamee gave it to him then all of a sudden accuses him?....if Clemens didnt know what it was or if McNamee never told him then Clemens is innocent....the American Public doesnt think of that because there is a biased view most of the time regarding false allegations, basically guilty until prooven innocent.
And if you rule out the possibility of a false accusation then you already point the finger saying he's guilty...imagine if you were in his shoes...thats why i never rule it out unless there is clear hardcore evidence that shows with out a doubt he is guilty, or if he says it himself that he did it.

BACK TO AROD...

Back on AROD....he is already guilty to the american public...teh american public sees an accusation or allegation these days as concerte evidence which IT IS NOT...but AROD's response raises an eyebrow and Jose Canseco's comment back in 07' saying that AROD takes roids or is hiding something huge, is saying alot. Especially because Canseco has not lied about the players who have taken steroids, yet.

Let's see how this unfolds.

clumsy

Rotation player
i'd say over 80% of the MLB is dirty. I wouldn't be suprised if Pujols was either. This is coming from a former New York Mets pitchers who now owns a bar in Virigina who stated that almost everyone on the Mets was using.

Personally i don't give a crap if everyone in the MLB is dirty because then there isn't any competitive advantage. Also i love how people act like steroids changed the game, when the fact of the matter is there have always been performance enhancers in sports. Before that, it was uppers, and all other sorts of shit. Roids weren't even banned until the 90s, so i'm not surpised if all the old school legends were using that shit.

I will put it like this, for anyone who has ever been to college (especially a top university), how many people cheat on tests, or do whatever they can to get an extra boost like studying on aderol. At my college, which was a top 15 university, at least 1/2 of the school was using aderol to study.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yes, and there still needs to be more evidence for it to be legit. last year they were saying he never tested positive for steroids and now they're saying he did in 03, i dont believe it, just wanna see some more evidence

TunerAddict

Starter
what college did you go to clumsy?

so does A-Rod make it into Cooperstown is the question?

It shouldn't be a question. The Hall of Fame is for the history of the game.

Bonds, Clemens, and ARod all deserve to be there and should be. So does McGuire and Sosa.

All these idiotic sport pundits talking about not voting for someone cause they did the roids, its just dumb. The Hall of Fame is about the HISTORY of the game, not about what guy you like interviewing, or what guy was an asshole. Its about the history of the game.

Paul1355

All Star
A'Rod being denied out of the Hall of Fame is the most rediculous thing I ever heard in my life.

it is ridiculous Pete Rose was denied because of betting.

4,000 hits got him no where. Thats whats ridiculous.

AROD deserves to be in the hall of fame, this guy has taken so much shyt from everybody when he does one thing wrong. I hope he gets out of this steroid thing or I hope it passes over and he gets on with his life.