Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 03'

what college did you go to clumsy?

so does A-Rod make it into Cooperstown is the question?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

yes, and there still needs to be more evidence for it to be legit. last year they were saying he never tested positive for steroids and now they're saying he did in 03, i dont believe it, just wanna see some more evidence

Originally Posted by quiggle
    what college did you go to clumsy?

so does A-Rod make it into Cooperstown is the question?
    It shouldn't be a question. The Hall of Fame is for the history of the game.

Bonds, Clemens, and ARod all deserve to be there and should be. So does McGuire and Sosa.

All these idiotic sport pundits talking about not voting for someone cause they did the roids, its just dumb. The Hall of Fame is about the HISTORY of the game, not about what guy you like interviewing, or what guy was an *******. Its about the history of the game.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

A'Rod being denied out of the Hall of Fame is the most rediculous thing I ever heard in my life.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    A'Rod being denied out of the Hall of Fame is the most rediculous thing I ever heard in my life.
    it is ridiculous Pete Rose was denied because of betting.

4,000 hits got him no where. Thats whats ridiculous.

AROD deserves to be in the hall of fame, this guy has taken so much shyt from everybody when he does one thing wrong. I hope he gets out of this steroid thing or I hope it passes over and he gets on with his life.

Superstar

A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens are all hall of famers. There are a lot of garbage players that used steroids too, like Jason Giambi's brother.

They have elite hand eye coordination...which i don't think roids help. A-Rod is dumb nice on offense and defense...how can anyone doubt his HOF status.

Quiqqle i went to RPI, engineering school...it's top 15 for that or used to be at least. It was not uncommon for the dumber kids (like myself), or people like A-Rod, who strive to be the best to be in the library all night, hopped up on time release aderols for either exams or projects. Why, cuz i wasn't smart enough to do that well studying without it. In a college where the difference between a 2.8 and a 3.0 means getting a job wtih a 20k salary difference people will take that sacrifice. It is the same thing with sports except the monetary difference is much bigger.

Superstar

Also i will say that in my eyes Using Roids, is different than Corking your bat or scuffing the crap outta the ball.

Because people who do steroids still have to work hard in the gym. In fact it probably allows them to even work harder. I can't blame a person for wanting to be the best they can be, or to get that fat contract.

Well what they say is the ARod has better than 20/20 vision which explains his ability to hit better, and Bonds was the same way. They used to say he could see the spin on the ball and be able to tell what type of pitch it was...

Doesn't matter how hard you can hit the ball if you don't have the hand eye coordination to hit it.

As much as I hate Alex Rodriguez, primarily for being a Yankee and the whole Madonna thing, I still have tons of respect for him for his baseball talent.

UPDATE!

On ESPN Arod said in an interview that he DID take steroids, starting in 2001 when he arrived in Texas because he felt the pressure to do well.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3894963"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3894963" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

it makes you appreciate the legend of Ken Griiffey Jr. even more.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    it makes you appreciate the legend of Ken Griiffey Jr. even more.
    Just imagine if he never got hurt...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

wow....now this makes me wonder who DIDNT take steriods? only clean player is Griffey for that he the best player of our generation point-blank.

No offense but Griffey had to do roids. Always hurt...would you do steroids if you had Griffey's ability and you were always hurt, and you knew that there was no way to get punished? A-Rod is just one of the guys who got caught. So I can't really blame him for being a cheater. I would really happy if A-Rod broke Hank Aaron's record...(i know its really Bonds but what ever) by 192 HRs (the HRs he hit in between 2001-2003).
    Put them all in the Hall and then institue stricter and more comprehensive steriod rules.

well if Griffey did, then at least the last great clean home run hitter of our generation - the Big Hurt!