Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Portland Trialblazers, Sunday, Feb.8th, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Akamu
    The knicks kept making a lot of dismal plays at the end, I saw that coming a mile away, where's Lebron I'm tired of waiting for a star to close out these games-
    It shouldn't take a superstar to know how many fouls you have to give... If they foul Roy right at the free throw line we win that game... Plain and simple... about 2 seconds left, they would have to get lucky with a catch and shoot.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

we shoulda fouled on the last play once he got close we shoulda fouled giving them 1.4 sec to get a shot off.......smh

donnie make a trade...asap and get someone who could take them shots at the end....

Played well enough to win, I'm just shocked we didn't use the foul to give. Another thing, we can debate Jeffries and all, but I've never been a huge fan of bringing a stiff body off the bench for a big defensive stop. I feel like any average defender that has been playing and is loose will stick with someone better than a guy coming off the bench after sitting for a long time, hard to be quick. Who knows, I'm no coach, but I think I would have at least used the foul, it's tough with little time cuz you hafta be wary of shooting foul, but when he went to drive it was a perfect opportunity to use... sonavabitch

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by BXKnicksFan
    <-- new to the forum

If David Lee would had of stand still instead of jumpin n have his hand up. It would of been a tougher shot than he took. I say trade David Lee for STAT.
    I think the Knicks should trade Lee, too, because with his trade value, he could easily be used as a way to get rid of Eddy Curry and Jerome James. I still don't see Lee re-signing with the Knicks, after the year he's having. A contender is bound to offer him a large contract, so that's why I think the Knicks should trade him, while they could still get something out of it.

It was a tough loss, but the Knicks played great. They did everything they could do to win, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I think the Knicks should trade Lee, too, because with his trade value, he could easily be used as a way to get rid of Eddy Curry and Jerome James. I still don't see Lee re-signing with the Knicks, after the year he's having. A contender is bound to offer him a large contract, so that's why I think we should trade him, while we could still get something out of it.

agreed i love david lee, but stat is still young, and was 26 pts, 9 reb for d'antoni. he'll be the focal point, be with his old coach, so he'll be happy and produce. the best trade was said before, trading lee, nate, and marbury to phoenix for stat and barbosa. barbosa wud be a better version of nate robinson. hopefully the suns are shopping stat, and donnie thinks about this. im really scared of losing lee and nate for nothing, so might as well get a superstar, and a hot shooter in return

all they need is a guy who they can give the ball to at the end of a game and know its gonna go in the basket. Someone clutch. That's all, not hard to get. Just someone who shows up big in big time situations. No knicks can do that. Not nate duhon harrington qrich, NOBODY. Hell give gallo a try.

Originally Posted by Ewing
    This team lacks a leader and intelligence on 4th quarters, period.
    Exactamundo! Brando Roy stepped up and won that game like a leader should

I think that the only play we got is that pick and roll and that is not nearly as affective as it was.

Sorry to say I hate Duhon having the ball at the end of games. Portland's run began when he and Tim Thomas botched that pick and roll play that led to a Portland fastbreak.

No one is hitting the glass but D Lee, and that was the other factor in this loss.

That run looked a lot better than it was because those shots were falling, we cant rely that heavily on jumpers.

DUMB LOSS!

the sad thing is i had cash on this game and i was about to go and collect and i see that ****. God i feel crap.
    Had them multied with the Spurs and Lakers and was paying big.

well look on the bright side memphis signed miles so that screws out portland for any big signing so its 1 less competitor for lebron

i'm gonna try to erase this game from my mind.

we play the g-state warriors next. and i think Biedrins is out. so we SHOULD win in a blowout. good game to have coming off this tough 4 game stretch.

Veteran

Why was'nt coach Dantoni YELLING "Foul Roy" as soon as Roy started to dribble the ball???????
    wasn't Jefferies told that we had a foul to give with 4 seconds on the game clock???????

I hate to say this but....Dantoni's coaching did not have anything to do with the 22-5 run on Portland, that was Nate being Nate who lead the Knicks on long runs throughout his Knick career.
    It was Herb Williams job to let Dantoni and the players know they had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds....it was Dantoni job to design a defensive play where 1 or 2 seconds come off the clock before the foul.

This Knick Loss belongs to the Head Coach and his coaching-staff. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

what's up with Chandler scoring only 4 points?

and happy b-day MSG, wherever you are lol

*no homo*

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Why was'nt coach Dantoni YELLING "Foul Roy" as soon as Roy started to dribble the ball???????
    wasn't Jefferies told that we had a foul to give with 4 seconds on the game clock???????

I hate to say this but....Dantoni's coaching did not have anything to do with the 22-5 run on Portland, that was Nate being Nate who lead the Knicks on long runs throughout his Knick career.
    It was Herb Williams job to let Dantoni and the players know they had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds....it was Dantoni job to design a defensive play where 1 or 2 seconds come off the clock before the foul.

This Knick Loss belongs to the Head Coach and his coaching-staff. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Partly, but if a player needs to be told the situation at this level then he sucks period.

Damn, 0-4 feels like ****.

we showed that we could hang with the elite but we can't close out. We definitely need that superstar, like some of you mentioned. Today's loss seemed harder because we were up by so many points, only to squander the lead and ultimately lose.

Next two games are gonna be important for our playoff run. Teams that aren't that great and that we should pull off victories against.