KO basketball game

JayJ44

Starter
Yea...Basketball, she is a streaky mistress...

I do like Jacking up threes from beyond NBA range though, lol

No one likes a chucker, Tuner...

crawford2.jpg

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Damn, right now we only have enough for a half court game.

alright, I promise I won't embarrass you if you play in the KO b-ball game.

TunerAddict

Starter
In that case, I'm sorry for comparing you to Crawford lol.

As much as I hate Crawford, I really was like him on the court for a long time, with how I shot, the slight fade away type jump shot and I used to just dribble, cross over, pull up from little bit behind free throw line. I was basically Jamal. Actually, I was Jamal. I did the same little floaters in the lane and shit and my driving was suspect...

But then I kinda switched to driving like, full time. I don't handle the ball a lot anymore for no reason. I'm more of a spot up shooter and a pick and roll guy when I don't have the ball. So, I've evolved.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
As a kid, I was pretty good: all-city, played AA ball, with a few different coaches, even made it into the PSAL newspaper. However, I lost most of those skills, by about 25, with lack of use. I lost my hops, my shooting touch, etc. I'm still a good freethrow shooter, though and have trained a lot of my players in that area.

I played in a summer league, and I can still play tight D and set people up, and I can knock down an open jumper, though that's still a streaky area; but I really have to get down in weight, if I'm to reach my full potential. I'm about 200 lbs., 6'1, which is too heavy for me, if I'm to play good basketball. My game weight needs to be about 170-175. I'm sure that, if I get down in weight, I'll be good to go.

I hope that, by summer time, we can get a list of people, a meeting place: I know a few and then get it going: 5 on 5, with subs, etc. I wear goggles, too, so that should add to the novelty of a KO game.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
As a kid, I was pretty good: all-city, played AA ball, with a few different coaches, even made it into the PSAL newspaper. However, I lost most of those skills, by about 25, with lack of use. I lost my hops, my shooting touch, etc. I'm still a good freethrow shooter, though and have trained a lot of my players in that area.

I played in a summer league, and I can still play tight D and set people up, and I can knock down an open jumper, though that's still a streaky area; but I really have to get down in weight, if I'm to reach my full potential. I'm about 200 lbs., 6'1, which is too heavy for me, if I'm to play good basketball. My game weight needs to be about 170-175. I'm sure that, if I get down in weight, I'll be good to go.

I hope that, by summer time, we can get a list of people, a meeting place: I know a few and then get it going: 5 on 5, with subs, etc. I wear goggles, too, so that should add to the novelty of a KO game.

why dont you coach? you'll be helping plenty of kids get that extra support/push...

jpz17

Starter
sorry guys, JPZ can't do this.. lol I do not live in NYC. Anyway, I'd love to see the results. One team can be new guys another old guys. (not by age, date joined the forum) I'm def. a guard, even though I'm 6'4. I can pop threes all day, but I quit bball since I always got pushed around. But by the 4th quarter I was the only one who could still run around the court

TunerAddict

Starter
sorry guys, JPZ can't do this.. lol I do not live in NYC. Anyway, I'd love to see the results. One team can be new guys another old guys. (not by age, date joined the forum) I'm def. a guard, even though I'm 6'4. I can pop threes all day, but I quit bball since I always got pushed around. But by the 4th quarter I was the only one who could still run around the court

I don't live in NYC and I'd still probably show up lol

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
LMAOOOO

ive thousands of miles away and i might show up lol

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I'd rather not say, because it would automatically allow anyone to look me up, since I'm still listed as one of the coaches for the team, even though I'm no longer involved. It would also allow my former players to look up the KO site. Trust me, they can do it: I signed up for facebook, and they all tried to add me.

It's a school located in the Manahattan A North division, and we've had a few players actually get scholarships to big schools, though none have become big time college players. Last year, we had a kid get a spot on the Jayhawks.

The way things work, with head coaches, is that they're usually running a team for years, it's their spot, even if, as is sometimes the case, they don't truly do the coaching and instead delegate that to others. In fact, as a HS assistant, many times I've filled in for the real head coach: a long time assistant;

It takes a lot of work to become a coach or assistant, for the PSAL, by the way. I had to take hours of CPR and first aid training, conflict management, etc. Once you get in, though, it's a lot of fun: you become like the head of a family. We've done a couple of halftime shows for the Knicks, battled in the playoffs, played all sorts of teams and eaten at countless restaurants, all over the city. For the players, it's really meaningful, because many of them, though I've had problems with their classroom behavior, don't have a supportive family. Films haven't really done it justice, except for the locker room cursing and the crying.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'd rather not say, because it would automatically allow anyone to look me up, since I'm still listed as one of the coaches for the team, even though I'm no longer involved. It would also allow my former players to look up the KO site. Trust me, they can do it: I signed up for facebook, and they all tried to add me.

It's a school located in the Manahattan A North division, and we've had a few players actually get scholarships to big schools, though none have become big time college players. Last year, we had a kid get a spot on the Jayhawks.

The way things work, with head coaches, is that they're usually running a team for years, it's their spot, even if, as is sometimes the case, they don't truly do the coaching and instead delegate that to others. In fact, as a HS assistant, many times I've filled in for the real head coach: a long time assistant;

It takes a lot of work to become a coach or assistant, for the PSAL, by the way. I had to take hours of CPR and first aid training, conflict management, etc. Once you get in, though, it's a lot of fun: you become like the head of a family. We've done a couple of halftime shows for the Knicks, battled in the playoffs, played all sorts of teams and eaten at countless restaurants, all over the city. For the players, it's really meaningful, because many of them, though I've had problems with their classroom behavior, don't have a supportive family. Films haven't really done it justice, except for the locker room cursing and the crying.

sounds cool, but annoying ( going through all the training )....from my understanding you stopped right

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
sounds cool, but annoying ( going through all the training )....from my understanding you stopped right

It definitely can get annoying. Training is required, every so often, by the year, or every other year, etc., which is why I decided not to do it anymore. You have to get AED certified, which involves learning how to use this machine to resuscitate people, every year. They also make you take first aid and CPR, seperately, every year, in addition to other courses. All of them are about 16 hours long. I was going to take ref. classes, for the extra cash: about 50 dollars, per game; but I didn't want to deal with the hassle, because they also want you to take these classes.

If it's your thing, though, you make it happen. It's definitely exciting, gives you a sense of belonging. The older guys, some of them former NBA players, like Charles Smith, some former ABA players, even Theresa Weatherspoon, from the liberty, love to come around, or even serve as coach-for-the-day, because of their love for the game.