We Have To Trade David Lee.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Why does it seem like we always trade our best guys instead of adding better players in ADDITION to them? Lee can flat out rebound and can finish with either hand better than 95% of the NBA.

That pick n roll with him and Duhon is a beautiful thing and will only get better as they both mature. To trade Lee without getting a SUPERSTAR would be a big mistake.

These guys will be in the playoffs next year guaranteed! We will be championship contenders once we add that one superstar lacking since Ewing was traded.

PS I rather have Dlee over STAT any day.

TR1LL10N I agree with you 110%%

Another thing that I can't understand is why only is D-Lee defense the only one to blame and not the other players that are out there with him.Its like some of you guys are saying the reason our defense sucks is b/c D-Lee is on the team and he can't play defense.You guys must not be watching the same games that I watch b/c Nate,Duhon,Chandler,Thomas,Harrington,Q-Ritch and everybody else on this team sucks at defense.Have you guys already forgotten how bad the Suns defense was in recent years?? D-Lee was'nt on those teams so whos faught was it on the suns.It was a team effort right?Yes... Just like its a team effort on the Knicks team not just one player's faught

Lee puts up solid numbers every night. Why in the world would you trade a young player who is putting up top 5 numbers for C in the Eastern Conference? With this thread your basically saying, "Hi I'm the next Jim Duquette, I approved of the Scott Kazmir trade." Honestly no good can come out of trading your best player.

And just to make you feel more dumb then some of you should already feel. In the rookie-sophomore game in 2007 David Lee played 24 mins and had 30 pts and 11 rebs. He won the MVP. Wanna know who else played in that game?

B.Roy
R.Gay
A.Bargnani
P.Millsap
M.Williams
D.Williams
D.Granger
A.Bogut
C.Paul
oh yeah and A.Bynum who in 18 mins (6 mins less than Lee) had an astonishing 7 pts and 4 rebs.

David Lee is a good player. His numbers for Center are top 5 in the league. Exactly how are you going to get an upgrade over that?

p0nder

Starter
I think Amare has tremendous upside if he stay's healthy. The only issue i see is that it puts all of our eggs in the one basket, going for Lebron. I think it would be a 'good' trade, but not a great trade and we all know that knicks fans love DLee so i don't know if it would be the best move for the team/franchise.

The issue being that Amare is more of a selfish, give me the rock player, while DLee is self-less happy to play his role and work for his boards and put back baskets. He adds a factor that can't be measured in stats and it's his work ethic and team chemistry.

The issue is we probably have to see him go as he will be looking for big money at the end of his contract. If we have to have him or Amare for a similar price, I'm going to take the STATS, try to go for a 7th seed and hope to get LBJ in 2010. If we can keep Dlee instead and add say Chris Bosh and LBJ then we have our big 3 and we are imediate contenders.

I like going for a bigger team in '10 as LBJ can play pretty much any position and adding Chris Bosh gives us a solid center player who can do it all and works hard for his team and the community. D-wade is a great player but I think with passers like LBJ and Duhon on the team, we can go big.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Good post, ponder. Welcome to the forum. I agree, because amare >>> lee. But I do see lee as that player that will do all the little things that others won't. Would be a great complimentary player to bosh or amare.

Lee puts up solid numbers every night. Why in the world would you trade a young player who is putting up top 5 numbers for C in the Eastern Conference? With this thread your basically saying, "Hi I'm the next Jim Duquette, I approved of the Scott Kazmir trade." Honestly no good can come out of trading your best player.
yeah I'm duquette and you're dolan dickweet.
bottom line is, he's probably going to be asking for alot of money.

Last edited:
And just to make you feel more dumb then some of you should already feel. In the rookie-sophomore game in 2007 David Lee played 24 mins and had 30 pts and 11 rebs. He won the MVP. Wanna know who else played in that game?

B.Roy
R.Gay
A.Bargnani
P.Millsap
M.Williams
D.Williams
D.Granger
A.Bogut
C.Paul
oh yeah and A.Bynum who in 18 mins (6 mins less than Lee) had an astonishing 7 pts and 4 rebs.

David Lee is a good player. His numbers for Center are top 5 in the league. Exactly how are you going to get an upgrade over that?

just so you can just off my dick, i could not give a flying **** that he did.big ****ing deal.rookie sophomore mvp :teeth:
the **** outta here.

i watch the games you moron, i know what he can do.but he is a liability.
defense wins championships.david lee cannot play defense.

Red

TYPE-A

B.Roy
R.Gay
A.Bargnani
P.Millsap
M.Williams
D.Williams
D.Granger
A.Bogut
C.Paul

To: Trillion, King Ewing, WVKnicksfan, doubledouble etc...The top 4 teams in our conference (CLE, BOS, ORL, ATL) all have top bigs. Z, Howard, KG, and JS. Lee is our big man. He and whoever is playing PF/C have to be graded on "Low Post Defense". Would you rather make the playoffs and see us get abused by these players before we are convinced that Lee is limited or just realize it now while he has value at the deadline and IMPROVE? I'll say again- let's not align ourselves to our homegrown talent when an upgrade is not only necessary (we are 1 of the worst defensive teams in the league) but the opportunity presents itself. Trading him doesn't mean he's trash- actually he has the most value and we have to use it wisely. Sure he is scrappy and hustles but as our big man we can do better defensively. Whoever argues that Lee is better than Stat is smoking. Look at this and the STAT thread at the #s posted- then tell me he's better. Stat, Bosh and Chandler are better period. You may not like them and have an aligence w/ Lee but wanting an "upgrade" doesn't mean you dis-like Lee. Trade him now before you suffer a let down of reality IF we make the playoffs.

Red

TYPE-A
Amare lacks heart? If Lee did "everything we need" we wouldn't need a decent defensive big man. In order to "add" a superstar we need to either draft, trade or sign one. His value allows us to trade for one so what's the issue? Make no mistake, he's not trash that I want to get rid of, instead he is an asset that needs to be turned into an "Upgrade" meaning someone who can do what he does
better, and add more defensive presence.

Let's not attach ourselves to mediocre players because of loyalty (b/c we drafted him). He is scrappy, hustles and is unselfish. Very good traits that we have lacked for years, I know. But yet limited in his own right. Like I said he isn't exactly a go to guy, he's a role player at the end of his contract. If we can upgrade for him now is the time...nuff said!

BTW...if given a choice I would trade Nate before Lee.

All those who think there is no upgrade over Lee, state your f*cking case! You can't use numbers b/c our targets numbers are better. You can't say he's better for our system b/c our targets are better. So the only thing you have is what- your loyalty b/c he was drafted by us? Not good enough, you fail. Now stop wasting our time posting your opinions w/out anything to back it up. You f*cking sound like Lee's your f*cking boyfriend. "If Lee had a big man then he would be better" really, he'll become clutch and a go-to guy on the blocks right? Get the f*ck outta here. "Its not his fault our D sucks"- you're right but who's blaming him? Its not Curry's fault either but you want him gone too so wtf? Your arguments have no basis and fail...it makes u look gay.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
All those who think there is no upgrade over Lee, state your f*cking case! You can't use numbers b/c our targets numbers are better. You can't say he's better for our system b/c our targets are better. So the only thing you have is what- your loyalty b/c he was drafted by us? Not good enough, you fail. Now stop wasting our time posting your opinions w/out anything to back it up. You f*cking sound like Lee's your f*cking boyfriend. "If Lee had a big man then he would be better" really, he'll become clutch and a go-to guy on the blocks right? Get the f*ck outta here. "Its not his fault our D sucks"- you're right but who's blaming him? Its not Curry's fault either but you want him gone too so wtf? Your arguments have no basis and fail...it makes u look gay.

Why so hostile?

Dlee is obviously not the best PF in the league so there are upgrade opportunities. I think my goal as other is to add to a player along side a future allstar PF. Lee is young and getting better each year. His stats vs Amare are comparable while playing 2 mins less a game. Amare commands the ball and set plays to put up his numbers while Lee is doing this all on hustle. The one play they do run, the pinck n roll so far seems unstopable since Lee can flat out finish with either hand.

Trading away Lee for Amare is only an incremental step better as oposed to adding Amare while retaing Lee and taking a giant step forward. We don't know what Lee will ask when his contract is up nor do we know if Amare will resign with us once his contract is up so at this point it is all speculation. We further don't know what other cap space relief we may have by 2010. My hope is to have Lee with either Bosh/Amare and LBJ/Wade. That lineup is a def a contender and something to go after.

Paul1355

All Star
_______√ictory_______;83514 said:
I'm not gonna lie;
I've been flip flopping on this for some time,but god,his defense is awful.
i really didn't think it was as awful as some people have said, but, it is.
i don't understand how he doesn't use the same intensity on the defensive end as he does on rebounds.
i think the ability is there, but he just doesn't do it.
we need to sucker one of those top 5 lottery teams who can pay him, into trading for him with our first pick this year, for their first pick this year and some bum.maybe the clippers are dumb enough to make that trade.

If we get a shot blocking Center, then Lee's defense won't even be looked at anymore.

He needs help in the post and Jared Jeffries is not the answer.

Lee and a shot blocking center is the perfect combination, proving that we DONT HAVE TO trade Lee for anyone.

I think that solves it.

clumsy

Rotation player
haha well If our Goal is Lebron James, and he likes people that play defense, no way can we get Amare. Whereas David Lee tries, and just isn't athletic enough, Amare will just stand there and do nothing.

He's honestly in the Tim Thomas category in terms of heart. At least Amare can get it done offensively more consistently than Lee, but he's really not that big of an upgrade. I flip flop a lot on Amare....i think he might be a system player.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
_______√ictory_______;83599 said:
wonderful.you swapped lee with nate.
now we can trade lee somewhere else.
i just don think the hornets would that that trade.

I am reading that NO is attempting to dump salary and are entertaining a Marion/Chandler swap. If that is the case we can certainly put together a better package with Marbury and still retain Lee.

TunerAddict

Starter
Why so hostile?

Dlee is obviously not the best PF in the league so there are upgrade opportunities. I think my goal as other is to add to a player along side a future allstar PF. Lee is young and getting better each year. His stats vs Amare are comparable while playing 2 mins less a game. Amare commands the ball and set plays to put up his numbers while Lee is doing this all on hustle. The one play they do run, the pinck n roll so far seems unstopable since Lee can flat out finish with either hand.

Trading away Lee for Amare is only an incremental step better as oposed to adding Amare while retaing Lee and taking a giant step forward. We don't know what Lee will ask when his contract is up nor do we know if Amare will resign with us once his contract is up so at this point it is all speculation. We further don't know what other cap space relief we may have by 2010. My hope is to have Lee with either Bosh/Amare and LBJ/Wade. That lineup is a def a contender and something to go after.

Cosign. Best post of the thread.:agreed:

p0nder

Starter
haha well If our Goal is Lebron James, and he likes people that play defense, no way can we get Amare. Whereas David Lee tries, and just isn't athletic enough, Amare will just stand there and do nothing.

He's honestly in the Tim Thomas category in terms of heart. At least Amare can get it done offensively more consistently than Lee, but he's really not that big of an upgrade. I flip flop a lot on Amare....i think he might be a system player.

I'm gonna have to disagree that Amare is not much of an upgrade. The guy CAN play D, he is just missing d'antoni's system. I think is he came to the knicks, you would see a resurgance of his numbers and I'm talking a big surge.

BUT I think the same would work with Bosh as well and I like Bosh's play and heart over Amare's current outlook. Bosh is hungry for rings while Amare is looking out for himself. Lee has that same hunger as Bosh and would fit well in a system with Lee and James. That would be my ultimate there (Bosh, LBJ, Lee) but in the meantime, we're going to have to wait and find out... luckily the deadline isn't far!:afro:

Kiyaman

Legend
Is David Lee apart of the 2010 Plan

See....this is why I hate Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan....

This Post-Thread is not about David Lee....as much as it is about playing the LOTTERY in 2010 for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, and Joe Johnson.
These Super-Star Players teams have a year and a half to give these players a reason to resign their contract for more money than the next team could offer....unless a sign and trade.

The last time the Knicks were able to pull a Super-Star off the market from the next team was Earl the Pearl Monroe in the late 1960's....there are to many teams (competition) already prepared for the 2010 offseason.

Detroit gave up the best leadership PG in the NBA for the 2010 Plan....when Phoenix made the trade for Shaq it was a move for a 2010 Plan more than being a contender in the Postseason....San Antonio Spurs was set with a 2010 Plan 2 years ago....the Lakers was about to make a move toward a 2010 Plan 2 years ago but Kobe were rumored of wanting a trade after getting eliminated in the 2nd round so they backed off.

David Lee is a complimentary player to all his teammates and to everyone of the Knicks-Cancer players for the last 4 seasons....plus he has improve his talents & skillz each season since his rookie season in the NBA. David Lee performance should not be compared to Amare, Bosh, Lewis, Boozer, or Dirk....his scoring dont match up to theirs but all the little things he does inwhich they dont do a team needs to win.

Yes......He deserves to go after the BIG-BUCK$$$ "Ching-Ching-Ching" in the FA market in the offseason....especially after being passed over by the Knicks organization throughout his career....the next team is not going to trade a player with half the caliber of talent as David Lee in a February trade....to what....lose him in the FA market this summer.
Think....Boozer, Lee, and Rasheed this offseason in the FA market as C/F available

p0nder

Starter
The last time the Knicks were able to pull a Super-Star off the market from the next team was Earl the Pearl Monroe in the late 1960's....there are to many teams (competition) already prepared for the 2010 offseason.

Well i think it's time for us to pull another one! And this time we have Donnie Walsh heading things up in the biggest basketball market in the world. I don't think any of those teams are likely to resign outside of lebron if he wins a ring. And even then i think he might have to atleast entertain coming to the Knicks.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Dlee is our best player and needs to stay a Knick. We need a true center...Dlee can't be expected to guard KG or Oden.

I agree 100%

Have people on this site lost their minds!?

Let me ask this.......who on the knicks plays defense? Don't pin that problem fully on D-LEE.