where is frye now??

in 6 years gallo will be 25
frye is 25 now

you idiots dont know basketball talent like scouts do, myself included
if u did, u would be a millionaire and a top scout
its obvious that there is something that we arent seeing

also, Dantoni does not want summer league to happen again
he is still recovering imo
dude is 19.....shit, i cant believe u guys are stressin a 19 year old....he's just a kid.
15 mins is fine, i dont want to see him playing more than 15 minutes. It wud be nice to see, but irresponsible

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
with us getting trashed by the West Coast Knicks - Golden State, i can already say that we probably won't make the playoffs, i want to see this kid log as many minutes as his back allows him this year. i don't want to see Q's bum ass play anymore....we already know what he can do. I like what i've seen from him.....he's a legit 3pt threat.

Red

TYPE-A
Frye??????
where is frye now??

in 6 years gallo will be 25
frye is 25 now

you idiots dont know basketball talent like scouts do, myself included
if u did, u would be a millionaire and a top scout
its obvious that there is something that we arent seeing

also, Dantoni does not want summer league to happen again
he is still recovering imo
dude is 19.....shit, i cant believe u guys are stressin a 19 year old....he's just a kid.
15 mins is fine, i dont want to see him playing more than 15 minutes. It wud be nice to see, but irresponsible

I feel you...the Jury is still out and he has room for improvement no doubt.

My real issue is looking back do you think Brook Lopez would of been better given our lack of D and respect for now and the immediate future?

Martice

Rookie
Exactly, but this was my issue from day one. We had Chandler playing decent ball, we already had Q, at the time, we had Craw, and a few other players that could play on the wings, as a SF or SG. It makes me ask myself whether the drafting of Gallinari all about D'Antoni helping out one of his friend's kids.

And, if you're not that bitter about Knicks management having drafted this kid, just look at Brook Lopez and what he's doing in NJ, already starting, already contributing double figures in points, eight rebounds and two blocks per game, a real big man, think about it, as we get taken to hole, game after game, by the smallest of players; and we have to wait, according to some posters, FIVE years before we can criticize this kid and the drafting of a player we don't need.

SMH @ 5 years worth of excuses. Why can't Nate, or Frye, get the same treatment? I really question the amount of hype around this guy, when he's done nothing. What is the psychology behind it?

DUDE! DUDE! DUDE!!!

Post of the day!

Gallo does bring an interesting skill set that COULD make him a great complimentary player in the future. Saying that, 5 YEARS??? Are you kidding me?

So Nate, who's journey to the NBA was a lot more improbable than Gallo's, doesn't get the 5 year treatment? Come on man. You have a guy (Nate) who makes no excuses for his height (which should be a bigger limitation than even Gallo's youth) playing harder than anybody on the team with D. Lee being the only exception. Also, with the "skill set" that Gallo reportedly has (ball passing, ball handling, 3 pt. shots and height), on paper, he should make a bigger impact than Nate in his first year and Chandler in this, his first year of playing.

Gallo was a first round pick (6th??). You should expect more from a guy drafted that high. As some have called Gallo great, his signs of greatness should translate even in 15 mins of playing time. Yeah he hits his 3 point shots but he is slow on D and anyone can see it. He get's out muscled in the paint and looks as if he doesn't like playing in the circle of pain. Also, When he gets in the game, teams go right at him and until he can prove that he can defend on the perimeter, that will not change regardless of his age.

Now, he is only 19 and if we have to wait a few more years to see what he can produce, then the #6 pick we used to get him has proven to be wreckless at best and should leave any Knick fan scratching their chin at the decision to do so. In short, he and his fans should be happy with his 15 mins of playing time.

I'm all for giving the kid some time to grow but I think we overspent by bounds to get this guy and that is with all his "potential" to boot.

Last edited:

the portable man

Benchwarmer
we've seen efficent shootin and good passin from him in all games so far

and the reason y he looks sluggish on the dribble is mostly cuz its a slow tacticle dribble

on top of that he's got post game

his game is very similar to paul pierce

Martice

Rookie

and the reason y he looks sluggish on the dribble is mostly cuz its a slow tacticle dribble

So Gallo has a "slow tacticle dribble"? He also has a "post game" and his style is "very similar to Paul Pierce"?

The funny thing is, I see your comparison actually. Paul does lull you to sleep with that slow dribble and then he attacks. I give you that one but realize one thing. Gallo is Paul in sloooooow motion.

This guy is so slow its funny and I like how the announcers gush over his upside but other than making set shots, he fails to show me any glimpses of him becoming what many of Knick Fans hope. He doesn't have an athletic body at all and that suggests to me that he will not get any faster but who needs speed right?

In regards to Eric Gordon the shooting guard who the announcers continued to remind us we passed over for Gallo, is just as young and is already paying off as a go to guy for his team. The fact is, Gallo is coming to know that USA Basketball is much faster and physical than European Basketball. You may be able to play system basketball and get away with it in Europe but at some point, you have to physically be able to keep up if you want to prosper in this league.

Opposing teams know that he can't defend the perimeter. Not athletic enough or maybe his back is still bothering him. Hell, he is still in new season shape so I'll give him a pass on that and he may even prove me wrong down the line but I will say that most of what people are giddy about is based on fandom and not actual facts. All of this point forward talk for a slow tactile dribbler is nonsense and more wishful thinking.

Is Gallo overated? At this point it's too early to tell but the reader should ask themselves if they are answering this question based on what they actually see or what they hope and want to see?

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Nowitzki, Paul Pierce? This guy is a bum, who, last night, got torched, by everyone, including the smaller players. Even if he can play offense, he's a complete liability on defense, unless you play him next to very tough help defenders.

I think this guy is not NBA ready, and may never be. It's tough seeing guys that we could have picked, like Gordon and Brook Lopez, doing so well. And D'Antoni winds up having to sit this guy down, before he causes anymore damage.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Q is better than this guy.

P.S. Just for the record, he's not 19: he's 20, turned it in August, and will be 21, this year, in August. I guess that gives him 4 years to develop, or not, before we can criticize him.

metrocard

Legend
Too early to judge Gallinari.

Gallinari isn't a huge risk at all.

He's a proven professional.
He had better production than Eric Gordon in a better comtetive and tougher league.

The only guys I would of picked over Danilo were Brook Lopez and D.J. Augstin ,the best C and PG left on the board.

Thats because we needed a PG and a C.

OGKnickfan, you need to stop clowing out.
Its all nice you drop your opinion, but where are the facts? Gallinari has a STRONG resume, skills and talent...theres no doubt in my mind thats enough to convince he will be a player in the NBA and it should enough to convince someone as simple as you.

You on some KnicksFan4Realz type shit mayne.