Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to bring Ewing, Jr. up?

Default Time to bring Ewing, Jr. up?

I was on NBA.com, and I saw ran into the D-League website. On it, I found Ewing, Jr., who's averaging 16 ppg, 8.2 rebounds, 1.2 blocks per game, and he's had 9 blocks, total, in his last three games.

I think we might be able to use him, but, if not, it'd be great, for fan morale, to have the Ewing name back on our roster. However, seeing as that he's not personal friends with Donnie, Mike and company, he might not get a chance to ever be a Knick. Too bad his last name isn't Richardson or Gallinari.

I, for one, say that, once a spot opens up, we bring him up, give him Q's spot. We have nothing to lose.

What do you think?

I'd like to have him on the team eventually, but there's no rush. We only have one roster spot, until we buy out Marbury, so I think we should go after some players that fit our needs. A shotblocker, or if we can't find one, a SG. Both huge needs at the moment.

Those stats aren't that good, considering it's D-League. I doubt any other team will persue him. We can get him this coming offseason, once we waive Roberson and buy out Jerome James.

I like the kid, but is he NBA ready? and would he even crack the rotation? If D'Antoni plans on using him atleast 8 minutes a night then bring him up, if hes just going to sit on the end of the bench let the kid devolp his game and play 30 plus minutes a night.

I'm impressed...5 games into the season he looked like a major bust as he was shooting like 32% for like 10 a game...

Looks like he has found his rhythm...Maybe it's time we gave him a tryout.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

yes, bring him up he's much needed on this team gives spark, energy, and defense would be the perfect compliment with Nate off the bench and could become a good 6th man if we end up losing Nate to free-agency or trade...

I would really love to see him in a Knick uniform again

ewing jr. is a tuff character and is an intimitator on defense. i would like him to come up because he is like 24 so if hes gonna be in the nba he might as well play now

Mike D cut him for a reason. Lineage doesn't (shouldn't) count with goals in mind that involve so many people and their aspirations.

That's what I reckon.

we desperately need some defensive presence and he fits the bill. Get him back!

Originally Posted by bigpat33
    Mike D cut him for a reason. Lineage doesn't (shouldn't) count with goals in mind that involve so many people and their aspirations.

That's what I reckon.
    Well, if that's the case, why is Dan D'Antoni being paid by the Knicks? And why is Gallinari, D'Antoni's god son, playing for them?

Ewing is a big name, in this city, if you're talking about true fans, not the fair weathers who always had hate, and lack of appreciation, for him, as he carried a pack of bums deep into the playoffs, something that the Knicks, after Ewing, proved they could not do; and having his son in a Knick uniform would not only boost fan morale, it would sell tickets, increase ratings, media coverage and basketball world recognition, etc.

And, whether you like it or not, the NBA is built around names, fame, and celebrity. This is why the announcers constantly point out who's in the audience, what famous person is married to a player, etc.

As for the kid's skills, as tuner pointed out, his numbers, with 13 games in, were horrible: 6 ppg, 33% from the field, etc., and now, all of a sudden, his numbers have skyrocketed, boosting his stats to the above-mentioned. If there's room on the bench for Rose, Q and others, we should make room for Ewing, Jr., and there's no excuse to do otherwise.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

It would be a positive move.

Ewing has a high IQ, defense and can jump on an elite level.
    His jumpshot is suspect, but I'm sure it can improve with his work ethic.

We could bought Mario Chalmers in the draft...but Miami did.
    Instead we signed Anthony Robertson.

Jared Jordan > Robertson
    Ewing Jr. > Rose, James, Jefferies.

I've been following him all season & he definitley seems to have improved his confidence on the offensive side of the ball. I think Sr. called him out for lack of shooting on a TNT interview. Lol! I did notice that his has not played in the past 2 games, but can't find out why. Was hoping the front office put in a call to sit him, because they are about to bring him up. As much as I would love to se it, I wouldn't be disappointed if they let him stay & develop his game.

i saw thabeet with sum friends of mine with sum knicks gear on...
    id luv to c him with da knicks

The Kid is going to be in the D-League dunk contest Friday night so he's not injured at least.

We should definitely bring him up. Roberson aint doing ****, ewing jr. can replace him. That would an upgrade in height, defense, athleticism, blocking, etc,etc.