Knicks vs Warriors Unofficial Game Thread

p0nder

Starter
This is brutal. It's 2:16 AM here now and with less than 2 min left Knicks are down 138-120. Can someone please preach some D??

These are games the knicks NEED to win in order to make a run for the playoffs. the warriors scoring more then 130 on us is gross.

G'night y'all. Lets hope things are different against the clippers. :gony:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
whats wit all the f*ckin switchin on defense, they kept running the same offense the second half

amilion

Benchwarmer
This was horrible. I agree about the switching..I hate seeing teams switch especially the Knicks since we're so undersized. The only time there should be switching is when there's a few seconds left in the game and you can't afford someone to get an open look.
But besides that, the defense period was non-existent. The Knicks have this tendency to play on the level of opposing teams when it comes to defense. For example, when we play golden state or the wizards, we play absolutely no defense because the other team plays none also. We CANNOT win that way. When we play a team that plays horrible defense, we need to take advantage offensively and play defense on the other end.

Harrington had a DECENT game but overall I think Jamal had a better game (don't crucify me lol) but honestly despite Harrington's final numbers, I did not like the way he played this game. Granted he was double teamed in the 2nd half but I felt like he forced it way too many times and let the crowd get to him instead of playing in the flow of the game and sticking to the game plan of ball movement (it wasn't just him that didn't stick to that plan but he def stood out). He had key turnovers and was just jacking up shots just to score to prove something and not necessarily to win the game. That was a downfall. The way you prove something to the opposing team is by winning, not by how many points you score. Jamal was quiet (not especially offensive-minded) but ended up with 21, 7, and 5 or something like that. Now in no way am I saying that Jamal is better than Al but he composed himself a lot better than Al today.

All in all this was another embarrassment: 61 pts, 52 pts, and 142 pts (can't remember the final score). I know we were undermanned tonight but damn I still don't think it's an excuse.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did someone say we needed a "Defensive Coordinator" on our coaching-staff....we gave up 144 points....is GS coach Don Nelson trying to tell us something with his run n gun team....this is the first of a Back to Back game not the last....144 points!

Nate Robinson did not have any scorers (teammates) comming off the bench with him.....Harrington, Lee, and Duhon has not let Chandler & Gallo in on their trio offense attack for two straight games....are they trying to tell us something too.

Crawful had 7 assist....now that's remarkable!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
After the GS 144-127 Knick Loss....I could say the season is over we went down this road before.
Dantoni is "TANKING" the moment he put Chandler & Gallo in the starting lineup.
The Knicks had one of the deadliest 2nd-Units in the NBA that made-up for the teams missing Bigman and missing Guard when they put in fresh legs of pure "ENERGY" off the bench of PG-Nate, SG/SF-Chandler, SG/SF-Gallo, and SF/PF-Tim Thomas on the court with great "Peremeter-Range" from all 4 players that out-played or out-shot 3 out of every 4 oponents.

What Happen!!!

The Clippers have Baron (15-7) and Zach (20-10 stat) back on the court with Camby....GS guards blew us up for three 40 points quarters....I wonder what ex-knick Mardy Collins and Fred Jones with rookie Eric Gordon will do tonight vs the Knicks rotation of just 2 guards...
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Walsh should make a pack of Lee, Harrington and James.
The lack of intelligence of this team is really killing me.

GetRealistic

Starter
After the GS 144-127 Knick Loss....I could say the season is over we went down this road before.
Dantoni is "TANKING" the moment he put Chandler & Gallo in the starting lineup.
The Knicks had one of the deadliest 2nd-Units in the NBA that made-up for the teams missing Bigman and missing Guard when they put in fresh legs of pure "ENERGY" off the bench of PG-Nate, SG/SF-Chandler, SG/SF-Gallo, and SF/PF-Tim Thomas on the court with great "Peremeter-Range" from all 4 players that out-played or out-shot 3 out of every 4 oponents.

What Happen!!!

The Clippers have Baron (15-7) and Zach (20-10 stat) back on the court with Camby....GS guards blew us up for three 40 points quarters....I wonder what ex-knick Mardy Collins and Fred Jones with rookie Eric Gordon will do tonight vs the Knicks rotation of just 2 guards...
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Your just begging for Mardy Collins to have an average game huh? Cause if he does anything you'll be able to harp about how much we miss him and that we shoulda kept him.

GetRealistic

Starter
Did someone say we needed a "Defensive Coordinator" on our coaching-staff....we gave up 144 points....is GS coach Don Nelson trying to tell us something with his run n gun team....this is the first of a Back to Back game not the last....144 points!

Nate Robinson did not have any scorers (teammates) comming off the bench with him.....Harrington, Lee, and Duhon has not let Chandler & Gallo in on their trio offense attack for two straight games....are they trying to tell us something too.

Crawful had 7 assist....now that's remarkable!!!

We could have the best defensive mind on our bench and it wouldn't matter, we have a team full of guys who have no interest in playing defense. Your pet players Lee and Nate Robinson play absolutely no defense. But they fit right in with Harrington and Tim Thomas who play no defense either. Defense is a mindset and these guys just have no desire to play defense. Everyone of them is athletic and his the natural talents to be atleast average defenders but none of them have the desire to work on defense or follow the coaching.

How many times has D'Antoni been shown yelling at David Lee or Nate Robinson for stupid switches on pick and rolls. By now DLee should realize switching on to a legit one on one scorer (Lebron, Kobe, Roy, Crawford) is not an idea that works.

And Nate Robinson freelances and gets caught being lazy too much. The guy is all out hustle on the offensive side and the glass but he don't do anything on D.

Lastly Gallo shows signs of defense ability. He atleast has the IQ to play defense. His biggest problem is he's 19 and his body just isn't tough enough yet. I doubt he'll ever be a tremendous defender but once he develops he will be a solid defender based on the fact he knows defensive principals.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
He needs to have Nate, Tim and Gallo coming off the bench to score. I think the only reason he put Gallo in the starting lineup was that plus minus thing. But his was only that good because he was playing against other teams second and third units.

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Lee
Jeffries

Nate
Q
Gallo
Tim
Lee

Looking at those lineups, you can see why our defense is so awful.

TunerAddict

Starter
As much as you all know I liked the potential Mardy had and his skillset, I don't see how you can justify keeping him when the trade that he was in was such a huge cap relief. People keep forgetting that the Zach trade was because of contract, not because we thought we were getting equal compensation.

latiger12

Rookie
Harrington is gonna have another massive game tonight...<OBJECT height=0 width=0 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000>

<embed src="<a href="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-nets/pages/2819/what-did-tiger-woods-do-for-black-history.html" target="_blank">http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-nets/pages/2819/what-did-tiger-woods-do-for-black-history.html[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
Yep, I agree, weak defense and weak defender. Harrington goes off!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
As much as you all know I liked the potential Mardy had and his skillset, I don't see how you can justify keeping him when the trade that he was in was such a huge cap relief. People keep forgetting that the Zach trade was because of contract, not because we thought we were getting equal compensation.

the interestin thing about that is that we traded zach randolph in hoping to get under the cap in 2010 and sign a player like bosh, but doesnt bosh do da same exact same shyt as randolph!! and the last time i checked zach randolph is a much better rebounder then bosh

i agree wit the crawford trade cuz in 2010 theres going be a lot SGs better then crawford available but when it comes to randolph, there's really no big upgrade that year

TunerAddict

Starter
the interestin thing about that is that we traded zach randolph in hoping to get under the cap in 2010 and sign a player like bosh, but doesnt bosh do da same exact same shyt as randolph!! and the last time i checked zach randolph is a much better rebounder then bosh

i agree wit the crawford trade cuz in 2010 theres going be a lot SGs better then crawford available but when it comes to randolph, there's really no big upgrade that year

Except they all shoot higher than Randolph who shot like 43% when he was here, which is below the league average...Most bigs shoots in the 50s...