New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread 2/11/09

Who will have the game high points for tonight's game?

• David Lee

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Danilo Gallinari

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Al Harrington

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Zach Randolph

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New Yorks Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread 2/11/09
nyk_logo.gif
lac_logo.gif

(21-30) (12-40)

act_zach_randolph.jpg
Zach Randolph and the Los Angeles Clippers
22 points per game, 10.6 rebounds<---3<sup>rd</sup> highest scoring power forward in the NBA.

vs.

act_al_harrington.jpg
Al Harrington and the Knicks
20.2 points, 6.2 rebounds<---6<sup>th</sup> highest scoring small forward in the NBA.

nyk_logo.gif

The Knicks are currently on a 4 game losing streak update. They found a way to stay competitive, in each of the last 4 games, but they still came out winless. The Knicks look to get a road win, before the All Star break, against the Los Angeles Clippers.

lac_logo.gif
The Los Angeles Clippers have been struggling all season. They have been plagued with injuries. Chemistry has also been a major issue with this team. Now that the Los Angeles Clippers have
Zach Randolph and Baron Davis back, the Clippers look to finish the season strong.

Fun Facts
art-hd-OrangeFunFacts.gif
New York Knicks
-The Knicks drafted the 6<sup>th</sup> overall pick, Danilo Gallinari, in last year's 2008 NBA Draft.
-Al Harrington is averaging a career-high 20 points per game this season.
-Mike D'Antoni is in his first season as head coach of the Knicks.

Los Angeles Clippers
-Believe it or not, Quentin Richardson once averaged 17.2 points per game and 6.4 rebounds, on the Los Angeles Clippers.
-The Clippers have only made the Playoffs 4 times, since 1975.
-Marcus Camby is currently averaging a double-double, this season.

Key Matchup
keys-l.jpg

act_zach_randolph.jpg

Zach Randolph

vs.

act_david_lee.jpg

David Lee

Both Zach Randolph and David Lee are known for their ability to score inside and rebound at will. Zach Randolph is the more dominant of the two, but neither of the two play any defense. It should be very interesting to see who comes out on top.

Player Spotlight
retro-mic-in-spotlight-thumb1083906.jpg

act_baron_davis.jpg
Baron Davis, 2x All Star, has been really struggling this season. A lot of this has to do with injuries, and a lot of this has to do with chemistry issues. Either way, Baron Davis is putting up Quentin Richardson like numbers.
Davis' 2008-2009 statistics: 15.9 points, 35.3% fg, 28.6% 3pt, 7.8 assists, 2.51 turnovers

crystal-ball.jpg

Prediction:
Clippers 100 Knicks 97

Starting Lineups:
Knicks
PG Duhon
SG Richardson
SF Chandler
PF Lee
C Jeffries

Clippers
PG Davis
SG Gordon
SF Thorton
PF Randolph
C Camby

Video of the Day:

p0nder

Starter
I think the knicks take this one as it's a MUST win for them. 117 - 112 Knicks. Also voting harrington to be the highest scorer.

GetRealistic

Starter
I figure were due for a win. But then again i've been saying that for a about a week.

The real question is this: What is the over/under on how many times Kiyaman mentions how good of a role player Mardy Collins is and that we shoulda kept him.

Kiya Man Over/Under Lines

3 How we should have kept Collins

2 Mentions of Collins chemistry with David Lee and Nate Robinson

1 How Zach Randolph should have started last season on the beach

5 how we should have hired a defensive assistant coach

1 Demetrius Nichols being 6'9 defender

3 and 1/2 How a second unit featuring Balkman, Collins, and Nate would have put us in the playoffs.

1 off topic mentioning of Brooke Lopez

35 Characters in Red with Bolding

Thats all i got but feel free to place your bets and add more.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
outside shooting will win us this game. Camby rules the defensive end. Also, it would be nice to see Gallo get more minutes so we can see what hes all about!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
For all of our sakes, I hope your prediction is wrong. But we can easily be 0-6 instead of 1-5 entering the all-star weekend. The inconsistency of the Knicks makes me twitch. Damn stressful...

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I figure were due for a win. But then again i've been saying that for a about a week.

The real question is this: What is the over/under on how many times Kiyaman mentions how good of a role player Mardy Collins is and that we shoulda kept him.

3 and 1/2 How a second unit featuring Balkman, Collins, and Nate would have put us in the playoffs.

Those look very on point. The only thing I would add is how are starting lineup should have the 5.9 Nate Robinson, 6.2 Stephon Marbury, 6.8 Wilson Chandler, 6.9 Al Harrington, and 6.9 David Lee. I got 10 on that.

TunerAddict

Starter

lulz

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Clippers have way too much size for the Knicks, who are undermanned. How can the Knicks match Camby, Randolph and Thornton, with Gallo, Harrington and Lee? I sense a monumental butt whipping. It'll be funny seeing D'Antoni have a titty attack on the sidelines, though.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea d'antoni's frustration is quite comical. I wanna see him get to bob knight status. Throw a chair at one of the refs.

Abcd, nice game thread by the way...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yea i forgot to say it in my other post but great game thread ABCD. I think I like your game threads the most, even more then mine. Its not really a matter of anyones game thread being better then someone elses, we all have different styles but I've always liked your style (no homo). And good choice with the song...you cant go wrong with foxy and Az, two of the best lyrically from Brooklyn.

Red

TYPE-A
Clippers have way too much size for the Knicks, who are undermanned. How can the Knicks match Camby, Randolph and Thornton, with Gallo, Harrington and Lee? I sense a monumental butt whipping. It'll be funny seeing D'Antoni have a titty attack on the sidelines, though.

*PLAY CURRY!!! :director: :moon:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nate is shitting on em....sick shot right there and-1

and that dunk by Chandler was beast.

Nate-15 points, 8 asts

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate is shooting 6-13 and 1-6 from three...

Real definition of his game tonight is the goose egg in turnovers. Now that is impressive for Nate.