View Poll Results: Who will have the game high points for tonight's game?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Lee

3 20.00%
  • Danilo Gallinari

1 6.67%
  • Al Harrington

5 33.33%
  • Zach Randolph

6 40.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread 2/11/09

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Games like this proves Duhon isn't that special...C level starter.

Eric Gordon is still overrated.

12th man

Jefferies great defense cost us the game again.

i think we can call this game a loss. might as well say goodbye to our playoffs hopes too. al harrington is probably the least clutch player in the league btw.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

**** man.........we cant catch a break, kudos to Nate and Chandler they kept us in the game...........still man these losses are **** man

why doesnt harrington get killed on this board???by the way

crawford>>>>harrington

So this is a great question.. All star break right now a good thing or bad thing?

Look I said this when he scored 38 against G State or when he puts up 30+ agains the Cavs, when he goes on a 14-0 single handed against the Kings and I'll say this now that this cat has cost us a game....

Al Harrington has one of the lowest Basketball IQ's I have ever seen. Shot selection is horrible, he alway looks out of control on drives, and as we saw tonight bad plays and bad shots are frequent.

Please Explain why 1 he didnt pull the ball back out to kill some time or why if you are going to take the shot why would you slap the backboard?!

Look I can deal with losing, but, I hate stupid losses like this one and Portland.

Not to let Dantoni off the hook.....Why the hell didnt he bench him for the start of overtime after that damn dumb play. We probably win this game if on two of the five wide open 3's went to even any othe player for a two point shot.

Well the issue of if we should be gunning for the playoffs or playing for the lottery has been answered on this road trip.

I knew that we would hit another couple of skids this season maybe losing 3 of 5 here and there, but, no way did I think we would drop 6 straight. Lets just focus on getting Danillo his minutes now and bringing him and Wilson along.

Not waiving the white flag, but, damn!

Ok I just needed to vent....but I still dont like Harrington

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nah.

Harrington can do things in the paint.
    Crawford can't

+ Harrington is a better shooter/athlete.

Crawford is just lame all around.
    crawford is 1000 times better then harrington in the clutch and harrington has a horrendous shot selection

12th man

Crawford has the worst losing percentage in the NBA; its getting worse since he's on the Warriors...I never understood why people would label him clutch.

Harrington is lame too...he's a 6th man at best...dude is wreckless and doesn't use his talents well.

Harrington needs to drive to the basket more...

Right now Harrington is Antonie Walker...without the IQ.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Jefferies great defense cost us the game again.

watch what you say about jefferies....toon will be pissed if u mess with his boy...

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    So this is a great question.. All star break right now a good thing or bad thing?
    Good thing. We need time to reflect on these losses. Coaches and players need to study tapes and understand where they were on the defensive end of the court. I just see a serious lack of effort on the defensive end of the court and I hope these players recognize it and try to adjust their game plan.

Our point's against avg. is wayy too high. We can run and gun and get a double double for a bunch of our players, but if we don't stop the other team from scoring on us then what's the point? Are we padding these stats to make the players more juicy in a trade deal? And if we are why can't we still play defense, still play to WIN? losses to teams like the warriors and clippers are embarrasing. The players and coaching staff should be hella embarrased with their efforts right now. I hope they are and I hope it inspires them to work harder to get us some of those much needed WINS.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by the portable man
    its immoral and unproductive how duhon's been starting the whole season(not sayin he aint held his own with 10 ppg and 8apg)...but it doesnt make any sense why walsh and dantoni gave him so much privilege.....i thought he was gona be comin off the bench for robinson.....i just dont get how u let a guy who avg'ed 5 career ppg(36%fg) start over nate, an up & comin excitin talent who had 12 ppg the previous season

the knicks lack firepower consistently cuz duhon is a slow tactical type pg controllin the game TOO MUCH and not really causin confusion.....nate is both fast and tactical, so u know that'll open up players quicker and easier(dantoni probly wouldnt have to run so many players either)

makes me puke death
    Cosign!

Duhon....who dat?
    Nate pushed the ball up court and put all his teammates in on the offense with his passing skillz to take us to a game we was supposed to win in regulation.....he was the only reliable player on this Knick team to play the PG position....and DAMN! did Nate play it great.
    I thought coach Dantoni was going to beech-slap Harrington for hanging on the rim the way he was yelling and screaming at Harrington. When Harrington finally slashed to the hoop to come-up with an and-1....I thought Dantoni was going to call a time out before the foul-shot to apoligize to Harrington while letting him know if u miss this foul shot I will kill u.

When they kept passing the ball back to Nate with only 5 or less seconds on the shot clock his job was to back-up and take that 3-point shot for the high bouce off the rim for an offensive-rebound so I have no complaints on his bad 3-point %....to mention Nate's climb of one rebound short of a "Tripple-Double" or the 5 steals plus help-defense so his teammates can get a steal....and what about the 1 turnover in 51 minutes of playingtime....my only beef with Nate is he personally left his homeboy David Lee out of his offensive attack throughout the game when Nate knew Lee would've took advantage of Zach Randolph no defense policy.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Well....after reading so many Knick-Forums game threads.....Dantoni got Knick-Fans sounding like the Phoenix Fans did the past few seasons, "Where's the DEFENSE!" or "we needed a Stop!". Let's stop blaming this or that player for not playing defense....when we all need to stop acting like we are senile and dont know the reason why Dantoni is not coaching his 50 win Phoenix Suns Team this season.

Nate the Great put it on the Clippers last night for 51 minutes of playingtime running the point....recording only 1 turnover to 15 assist throughout the game.....Wilson Chandler is a 20 point player alongside of Nate pushing the ball (u dont break that tandem up)....Jefferies looked more comfortable alongside of the Nate & Chandler tandem then he do with the Duhon, Lee, and Harrington trio....we should be wondering about what happen to the suprise performance of "Nate and Lee" combination show we LUV to see the past 3 previous seasons....Dantoni & Duhon placed a wrench in the middle of it....Lee had to keep verbally wispering to Nate to run a play for him last night when in the past the two had an eye contact chemistry that used to have us standing-up shock & suprise in MSG at their energy hustling performance together.

I hope everyone got a chance to see my replacement for Marbury in this Clipper game Rookie Eric Gordon.....whom I thought we would select if we couldn't pull off a trade to get OJ Mayo on draft night....all FIVE of my draft selection with the 6th pick proved to be "NBA-Ready" to help improve a "23 win team".....OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, Westbrook, Brook, and Bayless.
    Out of the 52 games the Knicks played this season Gallo have 13 games under his belt showing some great talent in many areas....but he is not NBA-Ready this season and probably won't be next season....he is a 19 year old player with multi-talents that should be in college this season and next season to become a top 3 pick.
    I'm ready for all the Gallo-Fans bashing.....my back is 2 u.

6.9 Al Harrington was exposed by his ex-teammate 6.3 Baron Davis whom defended Al throughout this Knick vs Clipper game....Al Harrington was reduced to our first two years of having 6.10 Tim Thomas as our starting Knick SF during the 2004-5 season.....whom could'nt shoot over 6.4 to 6.6 defenders giving us a big empty space at the SF position so we traded our rebounding defensive PF Kurt Thomas for SF-Q.Brick....not to mention we had to draft a SF out of the last 4 draft classes. It does'nt take a genius to know that the Pacers put Jalen Rose, Artest, and Steven Jackson before Harrington....but I rather have Harrington on the Knicks roster than Crawful.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Feb 12, 2009 at 09:57.

Originally Posted by paris401
    watch what you say about jefferies....toon will be pissed if u mess with his boy...
    get my name out ya mouth punk

we all know nate can do that....but can he night in and night out?

duhon has been mad consistent

stop hating on him

he n lee are the most consistent players on the knicks