View Poll Results: Which numerically productive Knick(s) would you trade if you could?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harrington

17 73.91%
  • D Lee

2 8.70%
  • N8

9 39.13%
  • Duhon

2 8.70%
  • **** 'em all!

1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrington

Angry Harrington

I'm sick of him.

He's good when he's good that much is true. He's also really ****ing lame when he's not.

It seems to me that when he puts up the big numbers, it negates Mike D's system due to him becoming a black hole and throwing up **** bricks. His defensive effort rises and falls with his FG% as well.

He can create his own shot, but, common sense seems to have eluded him of late as shown by his recent shot selection. Too often he's chosen to shoot instead of show patience and take a shot within the flow of better ball movement.

His inconsistency frustrates me more so than that of N8's because of their incomparable abilities.

The hype is over now that a long overdue return too the playoffs seems so bleak.

That, however, isn't why I've called for his head. I'm not running the scapegoat routine for my frustration over the teams lacking. I'm just calling it as I've progressively seen it unfold.

From ESPN:

KNICKS: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Why they'd do it: The Knicks want to lure LeBron to New York and have planned on trying to add two superstars in the summer of 2010. If they can get one now … why not do it? Adding Stoudemire to the mix would electrify the fan base in New York, and you know Mike D'Antoni knows how to get the best out of Amare. To make this deal work under the cap, the Suns would have to include Barbosa. But no worries, the Knicks need guards, too.
    Lee is the type of player Kerr is looking for. He rebounds, plays defense, hustles on every play and is still young. Obviously, the Suns would waive Marbury quickly to end his second stop in Phoenix and be able to drop $10-12 million in payroll next summer.
    Why they wouldn't: If the Knicks add Barbosa and Stoudemire, they would have room to pursue LeBron in the summer of 2010 but no one else. Are they really ready to put all their eggs in that one basket?
    As for the Suns, if money is the main issue, will they be able to keep Lee and Robinson? Both are restricted free agents this summer, and Lee, especially, likely will command a rich deal … perhaps too rich for Sarver's wallet.
    <hr>

From Myself.

More roster spots for a more rounded team and for the enticing of a 2010 free agent.

Less inconsistency from N8 & Al

Bummer of a loss in Lee.

Sweet to burn Jeffries.

Suns will never do it.

Why did I bother?

New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">Goran Dragic
    Salary: $1,700,000 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 2.9 REB: 1.8 AST: 1.7 PER: 6.06
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">Leandro Barbosa
    Salary: $6,100,000 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 12.8 REB: 2.4 AST: 2.0 PER: 18.40
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">Amare Stoudemire
    Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.13
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Outgoing Players: Jared Jeffries, Al Harrington, Nate Robinson, David Lee
    Phoenix Suns

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">Jared Jeffries
    Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 4.8 REB: 4.4 AST: 1.4 PER: 8.29
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
    Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 20.2 REB: 6.4 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.29
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">Nate Robinson
    Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 16.0 REB: 4.0 AST: 3.8 PER: 18.39
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"></td><td valign="top">David Lee
    Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 16.4 REB: 11.8 AST: 2.0 PER: 18.86
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Outgoing Players: Goran Dragic, Leandro Barbosa, Amare Stoudemire
    Last edited by rady; Feb 13, 2009 at 16:48.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

we should do a trade before the deadline if we wanna get that last push to try and get into the playoffs, if not we'll picck right where we fall now 10th.....

hes the forward version of Crawford.

Here's the thing with Harrington. When he's on he can score like a maniac. He has a perimeter game and is not afraid to take it inside. That's great for a team to have a player like that in their offense, but he doesn't add anything else.

If he's not hittting shots, he's forcing them and trying to shoot his way out of a slump.

A lot of players are like that, but those are not the dudes who go to all star games and help teams win playoff games.

He really is like a forward version of Crawford.

i would trade harrington for camby in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Starks
    Here's the thing with Harrington. When he's on he can score like a maniac. He has a perimeter game and is not afraid to take it inside. That's great for a team to have a player like that in their offense, but he doesn't add anything else.

If he's not hittting shots, he's forcing them and trying to shoot his way out of a slump.

A lot of players are like that, but those are not the dudes who go to all star games and help teams win playoff games.

He really is like a forward version of Crawford.
    This is what i hate about him. He just keeps trying. If hes shooting 2-20 and its halftime it dont matter, he'll go for 20 more. Dang, at least Crawford hit more shots in crunch time. He is tradable though to many teams imo.

Originally Posted by _______√ictory_______
    Like i said in another thread today, i think we all would.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Harrington shoots better than Crawful, please don't compare the two.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by _______√ictory_______
    [QUOTE=bigpat33;84021]

[QUOTE=bigpat33;84020]I'm sick of him.

He's good when he's good that much is true. He's also really ****ing lame when he's not.

co-sign

Harrington would be a decent sidekick, but he's so arrogant that he can never accept not being the main guy and that's why he can't be kept long-term.

Harrington belongs on the Terror Squad team and away from the Knicks.The guy is horrendous with a basketball.Plus he is one of the ugliest looking players in the NBA.He looks like an ugly version of Q rich.

Still better than Crawford...

Maybe if his name was Alfredo Harrinali, you guys might like him, regardless of his mistakes.

Harrington's a good player, but he can't do it by himself, without the help of a good 2 guard, not Q, and a real big man that can block and rebound, things that he's not that great at.

Allan Houston couldn't even do anything, once he lost Ewing. How can we expect more from Al Harrington?

Where is the criticism for great white hopes David Lee and Danilo Gallinari, who have no defense to speak of?
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Feb 15, 2009 at 10:58.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Where is the criticism for great white hopes David Lee and Danilo Gallinari, who have no defense to speak of?
    I don't think it's a matter of black or white, but rather of streaky chucker vs. stopping to shoot when you're supposed to. Harrington is a black whole just like Randolph was. And inconsistent as Crawford. He is worst of both worlds so to speak.

Default I Voted Duhon

Originally Posted by Toons
    COSIGN

Al harrington is 6'7'' small foward, even tho he is listed as 6'8'' (he is barely taller than kobe). He averages 13 pts, 7 rebs per game. Lee can do the same. He shot 37% from 3pt. last season and in 10 years in the nba has played ONE full season without injury. He hogs the ball and has a season high of 3 assists last season in 82 games. And a career high of 9 assists....in 12 years. Harrington makes more lee, nate, chandler and collins combined with a whopping 10 mil owed to him at this seasons end. This is just not a smart move. Harrington is a chucker and a pf that doesn't rebound well. We have never seen what lee can do in a starting lineup for a full season yet, and he is looking like a double double machine. Nate is playing more controlled and his turnovers are declining, his decision making has improved leaps and bounds. in 10 years, when lee and nate are as OLD as harrington, will we regret a dumb move like this? just like the ariza trade, or the matt barnes cut? even the demetrius nichols cut (he had had a block in every game he played to my recollection, and he is moving fast laterally, his defense if getting better) we dont need trades, we need to develop our players.
    This is a post from October. GREAT call Toons!

If given a chance I would trade Duhon over Harrington only b/c at the least he can score off the bench.

Harrington and Crawford have the same exact profile. Streaky - selfish - shooter who plays poor defense. Six in one hand half a dozen in another.