Bottom Line -- We paid Mikey D to win games like @ GS and @LAC

richtree

Rotation player
Mikey D is failing as a coach this week after the "hell week" 0-4 we should have be ready to stomp on some of the weaker squads but we are losing again

I don't want to hear that he has a short bench because the is the man so says he should only be playing 7-8 guys on any night...

He doesn't make quick in game adjustments and has a hard time winning on the road

Knicks should have won at least 1 or the last 2 games and he now has a team that looks like they want the season to end

** Knicks should make a trade for even a low level player because some new blood may give this ailing team a boost or else we are going down the tubes for the rest of the year **

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
You're right on with beating these weaker teams. But we do have to expect inconsistency when we have a team like ours. We have a .500 team which means we can either win or lose on any given night. What's really taking place this year is the development of the players that are going to be here for the long run. Our youth.

Toons

is the Bo$$
we p[aid him to win games period. Not a particular type of game. we won 21 games at the half, and won 23 games last season

he is earning his paycheck

i feel u with the frustration tho

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the last 3 games have really be difficult to deal with but D'Antoni has done more then anyone has expected with this team were already going to have more wins then we did last year before feb is over so that in itself is huge plus he has the players motivated and they really play their hearts out, were still learning to win so these losses are expected

what we need going into next season

add defensive minded players
etc. in the draft get like a tyreke evans cause he plays both ways somebody who plays hard

get a defensive minded assistant coach we saw what it did for the celtics

and a C

a superstar

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
its frustrating losing. Especially when you know you can beat the team your playing! but all credit to Mike D, hes changed the attitude of the players. Bringing is Allan Houston was my fave move. Even though he hasnt made the comeback, him just being around the team helps a great deal.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I do think an amount of responsiblity does fall on Dantoni, but, you can't fault Dantoni for a player like Novak getting hot and Harrington making one of the dumbest plays of the season.

Now we can fault him for not fouling Roy, but, the TO's and lack of rebounding that got the game withing one point falls on our players.

Like I said in the game thread; I blame him for not pulling Harrington, but, the way we played missing two starters with only 8 players on the road and had a chance to win says a lot about how good our coach is.

Bottom line our team consist of players who don't know how to win games in the NBA. Now, I don't doubt we'll get there, but, last night was a prime example.

richtree

Rotation player
He is a bad "in game" coach....his system a run and gun is great and I am a fan...

I think he gets everything out of his players.

I see him being stubborn though, and not playing the %ages when we actually have mismatches.

Before we give him a good Grade for the season we have to see how the second half plays out...

And granted I agree that we are playing better but all of the lower tier east teams are brutal this year...

Bucks -- no Redd
Sixers -- no Brand
Raptors -- A Mess
Nets -- Carter/Harris missed alot
Wiz -- No Gilbert/Butler out alot/fire Jordan
Bulls -- A Mess (vinny delnegro)
pistons -- No Billups -- old
Bobcats, Indy, just not good yet

So ^ that is contributing to us looking better as well....Thats 9 teams in the east that have more problems than the Knicks....
the bobcats and Indy look to have a future while the rest are having problems

We are going to LImp through February and then the Knicks will having a brutal March

We will see

johnstarky

Rotation player
Did you really believe that the Knicks are a competitive team down the stretch? Yeah they get lucky every season for a a few runs but they're as bad as what their record is.The Knicks are basically Lee,Robinson,Chandler,Gallo, Duhon and a bunch of scrubs.Why not bring back Chris Dudley or Charles Smith? Those guys were a lot better than Eddie Curry and Jerome James.

Chris Dudley wasn't better than Eddie Curry. We paid Mikey D for Mikey D, which is the fun run and gun player coach. We can't judge him by the first half of his first season as coach. That's not fair. He is making due with a mismatched roster that consists of a mixture of overachievers, career malcontents, and just scrubs.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Clips have B Davis, Camby, Randolph, Thornton and Kaman.
The Clips have more talent than us.

The Warriors have Biedrins, Maggette, Ellis and S Jax.
The Warriors have more talent than us.

If either of these teams were in the East, they would be almost certainties for the playoffs low seeds. At the very least, in the top 10 on the ladder.

We are a crap, undersized, defenseless team with a few strands of silver lining. Mike D, Donnie, Chandler, Lee, N8 (on & off for me) Gallo & Duhon as a group are the current be all & end all in the corporation imo. As much as I don't like Harrington, we'd be lost without him.

We're doing well to even be mentioned in playoff conversations.

Mikey D has done his job well. Look at the players he has to work with.
Look at the comparative players he's up against! Particularly in the front court.

With a limited under-sized roster. 3 fat turd burglars sitting on the bench (Rose/Curry/James). A fairy princess sucking the well dry & not playing. A swarm of inconsistency throughout his entire roster & the frowning scowl of MSG to appease as much and as soon as possible at all times between now and 2010.

He's doin' well. You can only cook with the things you have, & Mike's kitchen is serving up as good as it's got.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ask yourself "was the Knick Roster a 23 win team last season".....and was the previous 33 win season the best the Knicks roster could do?

Coach Dantoni's pass the ball around to the open man system....is better than our previous head coaches Chaney, Wilkins, Brown, and Isiah....only b/c Dantoni burned-out the 4 best athletic players on the roster in half a season with his foolish small 6 to 7 Man rotation.
When he could've kept things simple and took the entire season burning-out the 8 to 9 man rotation he had in preseason for an above .500 season.
It's obvious after the first half of the season that Dantoni is not a crunchtime coach when his main objective is just outscoring his oponent.

With No Isiah Thomas on the scene....every Knick Player came to training-camp hyped-up and ready to win under a winning new coach....even our out of shape Curry....whom expected much more out of coach Dantoni than what he received (Marbury & Zach too).
Crawful & Q.Richardson has been the biggest cancer players since the day they arrived on this team dividing the lockerroom players so getting rid of either player is an extra 5 to 10 more wins for this Knick Team.

On the truth I would rather have a healthy Carlos Boozer than Amare or Bosh to go alongside of Lee & Chandler....that's me.
I figure the Knicks having a winning season with (20-10) Zach Randolph would give us a good chance for a sign and trade for Boozer in July (coach Sloan would believe Zach is coachable to put with Deron & Okur).
Having Curry, Boozer, Lee, and Chandler in the frontcourt in the 2009-10 season....would boost up Curry trade value during the 2010 FA market inwhich we could trade Curry for a player we need rather than the last super star FA standing in the 2010 FA market.

Walsh deserves a C-
devil.gif

Dantoni deserve a C-
cry.gif

Duhon deserve a B-
bringit.gif

Lee deserve a A+
bringit.gif

Nate deserve a B+
bringit.gif

Chandler deserve a B
bringit.gif

Jefferies deserve a C+
pray.gif

Q.Richardson deserves a C
nailbite.gif

Wow. no center, no backup pg, no shooting guard, major trade involving our two 20 point scorers, count how many people have two 20 point scorers on their team and one automatic double double ( randolph )., point is, we still consecutively dismantled the horners, and bulls, the celtics, the suns, the rockets, the hawks before running into the buzz saw of elites including starting off their road trip against portland ( should of won ) bottom line they are a superior basketball team, especially at home, The clippers loss heartbreaking, but in truth we lost by our player weaknesses not our coaching weaknessess. AS far as having players who know how to win down the stretch, we do have those, nate, duhon, chandler, and I believe that if gallo gets the chance to get touches down the stretch, the guy is a proven winner, and has no fear. guys like lee get a lil shook, tim thomas honestly is willing to make the open shot, our only fault, and my only problem with Mike D, is al harrington....harrington is becoming the allen iverson of the sixers, where around him is all this young talent blossoming, and we are building the offense around a player who probably wont be here in a year and a half. Now I understand you have to play harrington, but im hoping after that last game Mike, D chewed his ear off as far as how much he stunts this offense. The ability that harrington has can create so many mis matches, if he just wouldn hold the ball, jab step, back the defender down, and then pull up for a fade away jump shot from the same place he caught the ball, I call it useless motion..crawford had it, Q rich does it ever so often, nate robinson used to do it but has learned to be decisive and just attack, gallo never does it, chandler never does it, duhon does once in a while, and less gets all of his points off of second chance points, and pick and rolls. point is, we need to get rid of the stallers in order to see the true beauty of mike Ds expertise as a coach, as far as the defense is concerned, we have no SHOT BLOCKERS, AND NO GUARDS. I cant be upset that we give up crazy amounts of points, because it is virtually impossible with the players we have to win games on the defensive end. its just not possible. WE can get Tom T from the celtics today, and he would put his hands up and say, until we get a shot blocking center, and a back up tough nosed, pg, and an actual shooting guard, we cant guard the better teams in the league, we cant switch on defense like the spurs do to try and stop a kobe, you end up with nate attached to his hip, or lee getting his shins snapped in half trying to back peddle while lebron runs right at him. I dont blame the players, no rthe coach, I blame isaih thomas for bringing these do do birds in, its similar to allot of the people who hate on obama because of this or that, when really, obamas mistake is coming in to clean up some one elses mess, Mike D is now cleaning up zekes mess, and I beleive he is doing an incredible job.

we are watching basketball after the all star break for once.

Red

TYPE-A
Wow. no center, no backup pg, no shooting guard, major trade involving our two 20 point scorers, count how many people have two 20 point scorers...
... mistake is coming in to clean up some one elses mess, Mike D is now cleaning up zekes mess, and I beleive he is doing an incredible job.

we are watching basketball after the all star break for once.

I can respect your viewpoint. I guess D'Antoni and Walsh deserve at least another year before we know their true values.

*Inherited a very bad team.
*They cleared mad cap space.
*We're still semi-competitive.

We'll said.

thanks red, to follow up my last post in short, I agree with the frustration it is annoying, but we knew these players were not winners last year, we all said it , so what has changed, the players are the players, we need better position players. not just a good pg, solid pf, and a bunch of young swing men.

Shonuff

Rookie
Given that teams like Boston have lost games to GS - I'm not to annoyed - now if they lose to the Thunder, I might question his tactics in that game but overall, I can appreciate D'Antoni's strategy.