Stoudemire Will Not be a Knick

JayJ44

Starter
OAKLAND, Calif. - Count the Knicks out of the Amare Stoudemire Sweepstakes, which has become the buzz of the NBA leading into the All-Star break. According to multiple sources, among the many calls Phoenix Suns executive Steve Kerr fielded about the availability of Stoudemire, one came from Knicks president Donnie Walsh. But nothing came of it other than an understanding that the Suns would not send the 6-11 all-star forward/center to Mike D'Antoni's Knicks.

"The sense was they wouldn't do anything with New York," one person with knowledge of the situation said.

It was similar to when D'Antoni favorites Boris Diaw and Raja Bell were traded in December to the Charlotte Bobcats. The Knicks wanted both players but were unable to make a deal with the Suns. Diaw and Bell are eligible to be traded again, but it is not likely the Bobcats, who will be competing with the Knicks for the final playoff spot, are interested in giving up either player.

Stoudemire, who can opt out and become a free agent in 2010, thrived in D'Antoni's up-tempo system in Phoenix but has since struggled with the arrival of Shaquille O'Neal in the frontcourt. The highly athletic big man, who isn't a good defender but is usually among the league leaders in blocks (this season he has only 1.08 per game), would fill an obvious need for the Knicks at center and instantly turn them into a legitimate playoff contender. Going into last night's game against the Warriors, the Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday, were two games behind the Milwaukee Bucks for the final playoff spot.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknotes116031534feb11,0,3701190.story?track=rss

IMO, the Suns management are being kinda bitchy.

Red

TYPE-A
yup, I read this yesterday. F*cked up. The Suns asked for Rudy Gay, Conley, Warrick + and were denied.

I guess T Chandler is our next target? I dont think Camby is a long term solution.:smokin:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yup, I read this yesterday. F*cked up. The Suns asked for Rudy Gay, Conley, Warrick + and were denied.

I guess T Chandler is our next target? I dont think Camby is a long term solution.:smokin:

they tried to rip the grizzlies in the ass, hoping ofr some Gasol-for-Brown shit lmao

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
they tried to rip the grizzlies in the ass, hoping ofr some Gasol-for-Brown shit lmao

Speaking of Gasol, the Knicks should try to trade for Marc Gasol. He plays similar to Pau Gasol(can score, rebound, defend, and pass) just not as good, and a lot fatter.

Marc Gasol >>>>> Jeffries, James, and Curry

Red

TYPE-A
Speaking of Gasol, the Knicks should try to trade for Marc Gasol. He plays similar to Pau Gasol(can score, rebound, defend, and pass) just not as good, and a lot fatter.

Marc Gasol >>>>> Jeffries, James, and Curry

I agree, to think of it, how about trade for ANYONE!:shock2:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Steve Kerr is stupid. I honestly never understood what qulified him as a GM.

He released Dantoni to the Knicks and now refuses to make any deals that might make us better.

He needs to be worried about his franchise, that is his job. Not that we can really offer them anything that would get us Amare, but, Im just saying

Anyways, lets say he trades Amare to G-State ( which is one of the rumors) Amare could possibly opt out next season to come to The Knicks seeing how Golden State isnt going anywhere for the forseeable furture, meaning essentially the trade resulted in him being a Knick

Furthermore, why is this idiot trying to move his young freakishly good big man and trying to hold on to a Shaq in his twilight. Shaq has said it himself that after his deal is up he is retiring, so why isnt he planning for the future.

Even Isiah understood the importance of a good young player!

JayJ44

Starter
Steve Kerr is stupid. I honestly never understood what qulified him as a GM.

He released Dantoni to the Knicks and now refuses to make any deals that might make us better.

He needs to be worried about his franchise, that is his job. Not that we can really offer them anything that would get us Amare, but, Im just saying

Anyways, lets say he trades Amare to G-State ( which is one of the rumors) Amare could possibly opt out next season to come to The Knicks seeing how Golden State isnt going anywhere for the forseeable furture, meaning essentially the trade resulted in him being a Knick

Furthermore, why is this idiot trying to move his young freakishly good big man and trying to hold on to a Shaq in his twilight. Shaq has said it himself that after his deal is up he is retiring, so why isnt he planning for the future.

Even Isiah understood the importance of a good young player!

100% agreed. Steve Kerr is one of the worst GMs in the league. He fires D'antoni, and hires Porter. A first time coach who is not doing a good job with them. Now he won't trade with us because of D'antoni?!! Even though we have some pieces that he should be interested in. Lee, Nate, expiring of Rose. But the dumbass won't even listen to our offer. SMH

quiggle

Starter
Amare will probably end up on the Bulls or Nets. if new jersey, maybe that would be enough for Jay Z to get LeBron to play there. imagine us being in the Nets shadow for another decade or so.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont understand Steve Kerr incompetence or Amare unsatisfactory attitude on the Suns.
Since the hiring of Steve Kerr....he had plenty of time to keep building on their coaching-staff that lacked a defensive coordinator to close out the big games. Coach Porter coaching staff is half of what Dantoni had.

When the Cavs refuse to give Varegao the big money he was asking for Steve Kerr should've offered him an offer sheet rather than going after a cheap Grant Hill.

For the Knicks to trade for Amare....who will the Knicks give up for Amare $15M per contact?
What frontcourt players will the Knicks put alongside of Amare?
Is Amare a crunchtime closer like Dirk from the outside?

clumsy

Rotation player
i completely understand what Kerr is doing and it will pay divdends in 2010. It is clear that they cannot win in the west with their squad. He probably thinks Amare is not a championship player either (to be honest i don't think so either...he's not a superstar in my opinion with his inability to play any defense). Their team just couldn't compete with the Lakers or Spurs or any other western powerhouses.

I guess he picked up J Richardson to be the man for them in '10 to possibly attract free agents as Nash, Shaq, and possibly Amare all coming off the books which is 50 million dollars

trade.jpg

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Notice that giant trade will decrease the wins of both teams we would be trading with. We will not get Stuadamire because Steve Kerr is stupid in the head

quiggle

Starter
if you used to work with someone who you ended burning bridges with, would you want to help them succeed in their next job? put yourself in Kerr's shoes, come on.

If D'Antoni went to the Bulls STAT would probably be a Knick.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I hope that loser Stever Kerr gets fired.He runs the Suns organization worse than he plays defense.Is he afraid that by trading with the Knicks he is going to help the Knicks make the playoffs and watch his Suns finish the season with the 9th seed in the Western conference? I know this is old news but what made him think that Shaq was the answer to an NBA championship last season? Did he expect Shaq to be Mike D'Antoni's defensive coordinator when they played the San Antonio Spurs in the 08' playoffs?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
if you used to work with someone who you ended burning bridges with, would you want to help them succeed in their next job? put yourself in Kerr's shoes, come on.

If D'Antoni went to the Bulls STAT would probably be a Knick.

Yea I doubt kerr would help d'antoni out even if kerr would come out with the better end of the deal (highly unlikely cause we don't have shit)