This is going to be a rant, I've been holding this back all season but now I'm snapping. I tried to stay positive, I tried to side with the "team" on all of the controversial issues, but I've had enough. If you can't be bothered to read a whole rant just scroll to the bottom and I'll pinpoint things if you want to discuss.
Ok so I know this comes on the back of a 6 game losing streak, negativity is in the air. The Knicks as a team obviously aren't in good shape right now, D'antoni was quoted saying it will be good for them to have some time away from each other... After coach's mistake against Portland and Harrington's joke of a foul in LA I'm not surprised, team chemistry is probably thin on the ground.
This team right now is turning back into a joke, our record isn't that bad but really we are in the worst position possible, riding the waves between a good draft pick and the playoffs, and most likely not getting either.
This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Knicks, a high pick, a new coach, a new GM, the end of the worst era in Knicks history. But with all their money and experience, I think they picked one of the worst ways to go forward. Instead of looking at building our team up slowly and getting us out of the ****, they go for a "quick fix" in reference to 2010. Some of the decisions have just been ridiculous, from start to finish.
The main ingredient this team lacks is heart, and that is what Knicks teams of the past were built on. As far as I see it there are 2 players on this team who have it, Nate and Lee. Harrington plays hard, but his jacking up shots like Q and showboating/goading Warriors fans just makes me think he does it all for himself.
Hell even Marbury has/had more love for this team than the rest of our jokers. Looking back the mind boggles on this teams decisions, the prejudice of the organization.
Gallinari, while he may look good, is nowhere near the most talented or fitting guy we could have got with our pick. Why draft YET ANOTHER forward when we have Chandler/Q? Why not draft a Guard or Center when the organization KNEW what trades they had in mind and KNEW that they were going to sit Marbury? Why choose to keep a **** SG/SF with almost no productivity in Q instead of a solid guard in Marbury? Sure I don't like him much, but I like this team and our chemistry is ****ing awful now anyway.
Our team lacks heart and consistency, what on earth was our management thinking trading for TWO MORE FORWARDS when we are already stacked. Why do we trade a guard that we need for a forward we don't need with the same awful consistency? The only consistent force we have is Lee. Add one more in there and we can truly go somewhere this season. We have seen that we can hang in there with the big boys and just don't have that clutch factor/consistency to finish games. But we also lose to the worst teams in the league.
Just look at our team's natural positions... our 9 man rotation consists of:
PG PG SF SF SF SF PF PF PF
If that doesn't pinpoint the failings of our management I don't know what does. How we even won 21 games is beyond me. Pretty much riding David Lee's double-double season and getting lucky beyond the arc.
BULLETPOINTS FOR LAZY PEOPLE:
* D'antoni is starting to look like a rookie, mistake after mistake and way too much favouritism. Blaming himself for 1 loss and blaming the players for the other 30...
* Whether you love him or hate him, Marbury would have been better for this team than Q at the SG spot.
* Gallo might have potential, but he's a huge risk (with his back) and not even close to what we needed this season.
* Harrington is a selfish sack of **** and almost the worst trade of this season if it wasn't for...
* Tim Thomas trade... Ok I know we wanted to drop salary for 2010 and ZBo/Lee tandem didn't work BUT...
* 2010 is a ****ing pipedream. Even if by some miracle we rid these contracts and have the opportunity to land superstar(s) in 2010, what kind of idiot wants to play for a senile GM, a coach who chooses his teachers pets over the best players, and has no defense (DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS). On top of all that, quick-fixes *almost* never work.
* Curry and James are ****ing jokes of the NBA. If they had any respect for the game of basketball they would decline their player options and rot in minimum salary hell.
I'll end on a positive note however, since this has all been bitching and moaning...
* Duhon is on the fence, he's not really good or bad but he tries and he doesn't play like a complete moron half the time (see everyone else on this team except Lee)
* Nate makes **** decisions sometimes but he is a good player, works like a carthorse and brings it every night.
* What do I need to say about Lee, he's the best thing we have on this team right now, and hopefully for some years to come.