This organization is looking like a joke again...

smokes

Huge Member
This is going to be a rant, I've been holding this back all season but now I'm snapping. I tried to stay positive, I tried to side with the "team" on all of the controversial issues, but I've had enough. If you can't be bothered to read a whole rant just scroll to the bottom and I'll pinpoint things if you want to discuss.

-------------

Ok so I know this comes on the back of a 6 game losing streak, negativity is in the air. The Knicks as a team obviously aren't in good shape right now, D'antoni was quoted saying it will be good for them to have some time away from each other... After coach's mistake against Portland and Harrington's joke of a foul in LA I'm not surprised, team chemistry is probably thin on the ground.

This team right now is turning back into a joke, our record isn't that bad but really we are in the worst position possible, riding the waves between a good draft pick and the playoffs, and most likely not getting either.

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Knicks, a high pick, a new coach, a new GM, the end of the worst era in Knicks history. But with all their money and experience, I think they picked one of the worst ways to go forward. Instead of looking at building our team up slowly and getting us out of the shit, they go for a "quick fix" in reference to 2010. Some of the decisions have just been ridiculous, from start to finish.

The main ingredient this team lacks is heart, and that is what Knicks teams of the past were built on. As far as I see it there are 2 players on this team who have it, Nate and Lee. Harrington plays hard, but his jacking up shots like Q and showboating/goading Warriors fans just makes me think he does it all for himself.

Hell even Marbury has/had more love for this team than the rest of our jokers. Looking back the mind boggles on this teams decisions, the prejudice of the organization.

Gallinari, while he may look good, is nowhere near the most talented or fitting guy we could have got with our pick. Why draft YET ANOTHER forward when we have Chandler/Q? Why not draft a Guard or Center when the organization KNEW what trades they had in mind and KNEW that they were going to sit Marbury? Why choose to keep a shit SG/SF with almost no productivity in Q instead of a solid guard in Marbury? Sure I don't like him much, but I like this team and our chemistry is ****ing awful now anyway.

Our team lacks heart and consistency, what on earth was our management thinking trading for TWO MORE FORWARDS when we are already stacked. Why do we trade a guard that we need for a forward we don't need with the same awful consistency? The only consistent force we have is Lee. Add one more in there and we can truly go somewhere this season. We have seen that we can hang in there with the big boys and just don't have that clutch factor/consistency to finish games. But we also lose to the worst teams in the league.

Just look at our team's natural positions... our 9 man rotation consists of:

PG PG SF SF SF SF PF PF PF

If that doesn't pinpoint the failings of our management I don't know what does. How we even won 21 games is beyond me. Pretty much riding David Lee's double-double season and getting lucky beyond the arc.

BULLETPOINTS FOR LAZY PEOPLE:

* D'antoni is starting to look like a rookie, mistake after mistake and way too much favouritism. Blaming himself for 1 loss and blaming the players for the other 30...

* Whether you love him or hate him, Marbury would have been better for this team than Q at the SG spot.

* Gallo might have potential, but he's a huge risk (with his back) and not even close to what we needed this season.

* Harrington is a selfish sack of shit and almost the worst trade of this season if it wasn't for...

* Tim Thomas trade... Ok I know we wanted to drop salary for 2010 and ZBo/Lee tandem didn't work BUT...

* 2010 is a ****ing pipedream. Even if by some miracle we rid these contracts and have the opportunity to land superstar(s) in 2010, what kind of idiot wants to play for a senile GM, a coach who chooses his teachers pets over the best players, and has no defense (DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS). On top of all that, quick-fixes *almost* never work.

* Curry and James are ****ing jokes of the NBA. If they had any respect for the game of basketball they would decline their player options and rot in minimum salary hell.

I'll end on a positive note however, since this has all been bitching and moaning...

* Duhon is on the fence, he's not really good or bad but he tries and he doesn't play like a complete moron half the time (see everyone else on this team except Lee)

* Nate makes shit decisions sometimes but he is a good player, works like a carthorse and brings it every night.

* What do I need to say about Lee, he's the best thing we have on this team right now, and hopefully for some years to come.

Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :barf:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Why are you ranting? Are you seriously surprised that we aren't a great team? Where have you been?

Look at our roster from the beginning of the year until now. You can't seriously tell me you thought we were going to be winners.

The plan was simple, scrub this roster get two superstars at 2010, and draft the best young talent we can hope for.

The plan wasn't to win now. What in the world made you think that? If you had a problem with the 2010 plan then you should have been ranting since that day it was known. Now know.

Yeah loosing sucks, but you should have expected it. Especially when we benched our best player. That was the start of it all.

Right now, be happy with our wins. Be happy that chandler and Gallo are showing some potential. Be happy we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. And just keep cheering and stop ranting.

Rant if the 2010 plan goes up in flames. Then you have every reason to feel angry.

metrocard

Legend
This doesn't make sense. + you dont need to write so much and say little. Repeating yourself is lame.

Knicks go through the hardest part of their schedule and people are freaking out and crying.

Three elite teams.
two road games on the West Coast

With San Antonio right after the ASB.

Basketball isn't boxing, so heart isn't a big attribute. Does Tim Duncan have a lot of heart? No, its not as needed in a more brutal sport like boxing.

Too early to judge Gallinari.

Gallinari isn't a huge risk at all.

He's a proven professional.
He had better production than Eric Gordon in a better comtetive and tougher league.

The only guys I would of picked over Danilo were Brook Lopez and D.J. Augstin ,the best C and PG left on the board.

Thats because we needed a PG and a C.

Pretty much a rant for attention.

smokes

Huge Member
Why are you ranting? Are you seriously surprised that we aren't a great team? Where have you been?

Look at our roster from the beginning of the year until now. You can't seriously tell me you thought we were going to be winners.

The plan was simple, scrub this roster get two superstars at 2010, and draft the best young talent we can hope for.

The plan wasn't to win now. What in the world made you think that? If you had a problem with the 2010 plan then you should have been ranting since that day it was known. Now know.

Yeah loosing sucks, but you should have expected it. Especially when we benched our best player. That was the start of it all.

Right now, be happy with our wins. Be happy that chandler and Gallo are showing some potential. Be happy we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. And just keep cheering and stop ranting.

Rant if the 2010 plan goes up in flames. Then you have every reason to feel angry.

It's not the 2010 plan that is the big deal, although I don't think it's a good idea. Like I said I've been trying to contain negativity since day 1 of the season and root for the "team". The 2010 plan is a false patience. Waiting 2 years in the hope of turning from shit to gold over one offseason is not patience. Building a winning team requires time and patience.

The stupid thing is the hypocrisy of this coach and this organization.

I did expect to lose, I have followed this team since I knew what basketball was, I'm used to losing. I didn't expect another coach making these kind of decisions, that was suppose to be gone after Isaiah.

I'm happy for Chandler and somewhat for Gallo, from all the hype I expected more, but his injuries are holding him back at 19 years old, that's not a good sign for the future. I am not happy that we are in a "hunt" for a playoff spot because the way we played the last 2 games is dire. As others have said, 4 extra games does next to nothing for the development of our team. Harrington and Tim Thomas are not the future of this team, nor are they likely to be valuable trading pieces for very long. Get rid now and start building a team we can go forward with.

This doesn't make sense. + you dont need to write so much and say little. Repeating yourself is lame.

Knicks go through the hardest part of their schedule and people are freaking out and crying.

Three elite teams.
two road games on the West Coast

With San Antonio right after the ASB.

Basketball isn't boxing, so heart isn't a big attribute. Does Tim Duncan have a lot of heart? No, its not as needed in a more brutal sport like boxing.

Too early to judge Gallinari.

Gallinari isn't a huge risk at all.

He's a proven professional.
He had better production than Eric Gordon in a better comtetive and tougher league.

The only guys I would of picked over Danilo were Brook Lopez and D.J. Augstin ,the best C and PG left on the board.

Thats because we needed a PG and a C.

Pretty much a rant for attention.

What doesn't make sense?

The part about heart? How did our last successful Knicks team get through the playoffs from the 8th seed to the NBA Finals, with our best player injured? You are the one who brought up Chandlers lack of heart, now you say it's not important... Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing because you don't like me maybe?

Repeating yourself is lame huh? So why did you basically copy/paste what you wrote in the Gallo post? More hypocrisy? Or just desperate to hit that 4000 milestone as it is such an important achievement?

Gallinari is a risk, nearly every draft pick is a risk by definition, but him more so as he already has injuries. You said yourself Lopez or Augustine would be a better choice.

This was a rant for attention? No this was a rant to vent what has been building up all season. You want a post that reeks of attention seeking? Here's a link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5993

By the way I agree that they had the worst part of their schedule and it's not the end of the world that we lost 6 in a row. But look at the coach saying it's good for the team to get time apart, Lee saying how it was the best 0-3 week and then we have another 0-3 straight after, these guys are getting paid for this and they are in the same state of negativity.

Last edited:

dave2138

Rotation player
No crying..

For this season I don't think you should look at our record as judgment. 8th seed, 2nd from the bottom in the East..all the teams we're competing with for that spot are pretty similar and none significantly better than the other.

Smokes - I would just look at individual performances for players that you think will be here in seasons when hopefully this all turns around. Robinson, Lee, Chandler have improved under D'Antoni. Gallinari, even though hasn't showed much..hes shown that he has the potential to be a starting regular in time. We'll likely see in 2010 what he really has to offer.

- So take those positives, add that in 2010 Harrington will be replaced with a more efficient player offensively and defensively.

- By 2010 a true center will be on the team.

- The Knicks will sign FA in 2010, given the opportunity I'm sure most star players would love to play in NY if the money is right. There is a better shot at 2 players being signed between 30-40 mil than there is them doing nothing at this point. We'll see..anything can happen, but thats all we have to look forward to, is that opportunity to sign a franchise player to build around + a true center.

- Right now the focus for me is to

1) Find ways to keep Lee and Robinson around long term in the cheapest way possible.

2) Find ways to get rid of 1 or both of Curry + Jefferies even it involves moving down in the draft.

smokes

Huge Member
No crying..

For this season I don't think you should look at our record as judgment. 8th seed, 2nd from the bottom in the East..all the teams we're competing with for that spot are pretty similar and none significantly better than the other.

Smokes - I would just look at individual performances for players that you think will be here in seasons when hopefully this all turns around. Robinson, Lee, Chandler have improved under D'Antoni. Gallinari, even though hasn't showed much..hes shown that he has the potential to be a starting regular in time. We'll likely see in 2010 what he really has to offer.

- So take those positives, add that in 2010 Harrington will be replaced with a more efficient player offensively and defensively.

- By 2010 a true center will be on the team.

- The Knicks will sign FA in 2010, given the opportunity I'm sure most star players would love to play in NY if the money is right. There is a better shot at 2 players being signed between 30-40 mil than there is them doing nothing at this point. We'll see..anything can happen, but thats all we have to look forward to, is that opportunity to sign a franchise player to build around + a true center.

- Right now the focus for me is to

1) Find ways to keep Lee and Robinson around long term in the cheapest way possible.

2) Find ways to get rid of 1 or both of Curry + Jefferies even it involves moving down in the draft.

I appreciate your optimism but the things you are suggesting are not really possible without sacrificing the other things you suggest.

How are we to get a "true center" if we move down in the draft/don't trade Lee or Robinson? Ok, we could get a crappy center, but Lee is better than a crappy center, and PF's are much easier to come by.

Yes Knicks players have improved, thought I am still on the fence as to whether this has happened partially due to the system, which agree or not does certainly increase statistics.

The record in general is not my concern, the way we play sometimes, the attitudes of the players/coach, and the fact we are sitting in a really bad spot, inbetween the playoffs and a good draft pick is what hurts.

In terms of 2010, it started as a legitimate plan, but over the season has deteriorated into more of a pipedream in my eyes.

Lebron - Will stay in Cleveland depending on their success rate over the next 2 years, if they don't have success he will chase a championship, and a team without an appearance in the playoffs for several years is not his best bet.

Wade - Recently stated in an interview he wants to be in a Miami jersey til he retires, of course it depends on his form and their financial situation, but they will do all they can to keep him and he will help them.

Amare - Probably being traded now, possibly going downhill anyway, may find he wants to stay with his new team.

Bosh - Can't even lead the talented Raptors squad to a better record than the Knicks...

Of course there are more, but these are the "superstar" players that this plan was focused on, and between the start of the season and now, the realism of this plan has deteriorated. Maybe it will rise again between now and 2010, it all depends on the rest of the league. But why are we depending on the rest of the league doing us a favour to improve?

It certainly isn't all we have to look forward to. We could have been looking forward to a season with a productive guard, instead we chose Qrich. We could have been looking at some smart trades to increase the talent on our team, instead we got Tim Thomas and Al Harrington. We could have had a lot of things to look forward to this season, maybe we still have. Maybe this rant is too early, maybe we will trade for someone half decent before the week is out, but I doubt it.

Red

TYPE-A
I can't blame you at all for this rant. Current "Optimistic" Knick fans are the equivelent to a p*ussy whipped guy who can be told anything. Less we forget we have not been competitive in YEARS! And like a parent who thinks their child can do no wrong some keep MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEM. Its time to say enough! Year after year we can point out mistake and ineptitude. All the way from the top, the owner, the GM's, coaches, players etc...and there is no arguing results. Enough excuses, enough passes. Metro mentioned heart isn't as important but yet said "we have no heart". Lack of heart is just 1 reason for this on a list of many. Leadership is another. Back to my parent/child analogy. Just because your kid gets an A in a class doesn't excuse him from commiting a crime. Yeah we've had bright spots here and there but the end result is the same non-competitive, no D, non consistance sh*t. So I don't blame you for freeing yourself from the Matrix and seeing this team for who they really are. Garbage. Let's continue the list of things that make you say ummm....(aka things that make us trash/laughing stock of the league)? How about that Curry deal that went down as one of the worst transactions in bball history? BTW 2010 is just a start. MF's will make excuses like we need a few more yrs just to gel. Then it's 2011, 2012 etc...delusional motherf*ckers.

smokes

Huge Member
Also, although Isaiah managed to make a multitude of mistakes, he was in control here for the best part of 5 years. D'antoni has made plenty of questionable decisions and one or two big mistakes in his 5 months.

I'm not comparing the two, and naturally our improved record speaks for D'antoni's coaching, I just think everyone from the top down could be doing so much better.

Red

TYPE-A
1. Getting rid of Ewing2. Signing Vin Baker3. Signing Jared Jeffries4. Signing Jerome James5. Trading Kurt Thomas6. Not protecting lottery pick for Curry7. Trading for Francis8. Trading for Marbury and HardawaySMH....http://www.associatedcontent.com

Red

TYPE-A
Stephen A Smith just said "Amare wants to play in NY" and Shaq isn't a bad idea for the next 2 yrs on the radio.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Please state some hard evidence and facts. A lot of this thread is emotional.

Scott and Isiah have done a number on us for years. Walsh and D'antoni haven't even been given an entire season and you are already complaining.

In case you haven't noticed we do not have the roster pieces or best friend GMs to go pull a Boston and win a championship.

Red

TYPE-A

Scott and Isiah have done a number on us for years. Walsh and D'antoni haven't even been given an entire season and you are already complaining.

In case you haven't noticed we do not have the roster pieces or best friend GMs to go pull a Boston and win a championship.

21 - 31-----there's your hard evidence! The best teams in the NBA almost always win. You know what we're the best at? ...We're one of the best worst teams in the league nuff said!

smokes

Huge Member

What do you want me to back up with facts?

Gallinari has back problems. Fact. He is an SF, we need a Guard or a Center. Fact. D'antoni admitted to a rookie mistake in the Portland game. Fact. He favours ex-players such as Q. Fact. They traded for yet 2 more forwards when we are stacked with them. Fact. Harrington jacks up shots like it's his birthday. Fact. He throws what should be an easy win by celebrating a putback dunk. Fact.

I could go on, but why bother?

Blas

Benchwarmer
Red,

Please state a team that has a roster as bad or worse then ours and has a better record.

How can we be one of the best team when we do not have the players?

Like I said we cannot pull a boston.

Blas

Benchwarmer
What do you want me to back up with facts?

Gallinari has back problems. Fact. He is an SF, we need a Guard or a Center. Fact. D'antoni admitted to a rookie mistake in the Portland game. Fact. He favours ex-players such as Q. Fact. They traded for yet 2 more forwards when we are stacked with them. Fact. Harrington jacks up shots like it's his birthday. Fact. He throws what should be an easy win by celebrating a putback dunk. Fact.

I could go on, but why bother?

Gallo's back problems has nothing to do with management. And we needed the best player possible going into the draft. When most of roster isn't part of the future that means you need ALL positions.

D'antoni favors Q? Really? Did he say this? This isn't fact its an assumption. Q doesn't even average 30 minutes a game.

Donni traded away two players for anything because they were worth spit. Crawford and Z-bo obviously haven't made their teams any better. They put up numbers but go look at the teams records.

Harrington is playing like an idiot because he always has played like an idiot. It isn't all of the coaches fault. Its their fault they play him, but who else are we going to play? And some people amazingly cannot be good or great basketball players. Just because someone plays bad and has always played bad isn't the coaches fault. Maybe it could be the players fault? I know we traded for him, but who else could we get for Crawford? Which GM was jumping out of there chair to get Crawford?

smokes

Huge Member
Gallo's back problems has nothing to do with management. And we needed the best player possible going into the draft. When most of roster isn't part of the future that means you need ALL positions.

D'antoni favors Q? Really? Did he say this? This isn't fact its an assumption. Q doesn't even average 30 minutes a game.

Donni traded away two players for anything because they were worth spit. Crawford and Z-bo obviously haven't made their teams any better. They put up numbers but go look at the teams records.

Harrington is playing like an idiot because he always has played like an idiot. It isn't all of the coaches fault. Its their fault they play him, but who else are we going to play? And some people amazingly cannot be good or great basketball players. Just because someone plays bad and has always played bad isn't the coaches fault. Maybe it could be the players fault? I know we traded for him, but who else could we get for Crawford? Which GM was jumping out of there chair to get Crawford?

The management knew they wanted to trade these guys, the reason they traded them was because they are not good fits for this system. Thus they knew what spots they were giving up, and hence what spots needed to be filled. We didn't have a center when the season began, and they didn't draft a center. We already have a young talented SF with good potential and they drafted yet another. Back problems or not we could have drafted for a better overall team.

When did I say people were jumping out of their seats to get Crawford? You are putting words in my mouth because you can't find anything else to criticize. Still, if we were not looking to add a player for our future, why not wait for a player that at least fills a void in the team?

You're right, the Q thing is an opinion not a fact, an opinion that is shared by a lot of people, perhaps not you but certainly several others. It is a safe assumption from the quotes of players, Marbury and news from last year that Q and Marbury was the big chemistry issue in the locker room. I am not a Marbury fan and I've been very outspoken against him in the past, but this decision not only cost us a more productive player, but also harmed the chances of trading him, as he is only worth his expiring contract now, had he been playing at least people could see how he may benefit them.

And Zbo and Crawford were mainly traded for the 2010 plan, which as I've already explained is a pipedream. If you don't believe my facts about those 4 superstars feel free to delve on espn.com, but I cannot be bothered to find the source articles.

Red

TYPE-A
Red,

Please state a team that has a roster as bad or worse then ours and has a better record.

How can we be one of the best team when we do not have the players?

Like I said we cannot pull a boston.

Funny you mentioned a "roster" b/c I take it your point is we are as good as our roster dictates. And to go further if we suck which we do then our roster sucks. To add we sucked last year. So a "roster" upgrade was apparently needed. And what did we do when we had a chance to improve our roster? We drafted another SF who needs work, when we had a chance at a 7' Center in Lopez who is averaging 12pts and 8 reb. per game. To boot we also passed on a guard who just dropped 30 on us, meanwhile our "roster ugrade" can't give you a solid 20mins. a night. To add insult to injury we sat one of our best players in Marbury. Go figure? We INTENTIONALLY DOWNGRADED OUR OWN ROSTER. Please explain.