Teams are going to nasty in the future.

metrocard

Legend
Portland, obviously.

NETS

Harris
Lopez

are all star talent...Lopez is probably the only two way center in the NBA(offense, defense). He's not a stiff, very agile for his size.

Memphis

Conley, Mayo, Gay, Arthur, Gasol is the best young starting 5 in the NBA.

They just need a bench and a real head coach.

Clippers

Gordon
Thorton
Jordan

Heat

Chalmbers
Cook
Beasley

Thunder

Westbrook
Durant
Green
Griffin(its obvious at this point)

JayJ44

Starter
I think the Clippers will suck forever. Gordon isn't that good. He's like Crawford except shorter and more athletic, but he doesn't have Crawford's handles.

Chalmers and Cook are just spot-up shooters. Beasley will be good, I think he's a little overrated though. They need to get some size. Jermaine O'neal will never be healthy for them.

Thunder should be good in like 3 years, once they get some size in this coming draft.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Portland, obviously.

NETS

Harris
Lopez

are all star talent...Lopez is probably the only two way center in the NBA(offense, defense). He's not a stiff, very agile for his size.

Memphis

Clippers

Gordon
Thorton
Jordan

Heat

Chalmbers
Cook
Beasley

Thunder

Westbrook
Durant
Green

Yo metro, what do u think about Minny?

Al Jefferson is beast and i think as soon as Love develops, get a good PG, and trade McCants they'll be good. Of course this would be in 3-5 years...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all minny really has is Jefferson, Love will be a pretty good player and Foye is the definition of a bust the team that will be sick is the Grizzlies....look out for em

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
all minny really has is Jefferson, Love will be a pretty good player and Foye is the definition of a bust the team that will be sick is the Grizzlies....look out for em

have you been watching them? randy foye is no brandon roy ( i know mchale is kicking himself for that trade) but he is developing into a nice 2nd option. Kevin Love is a rebounding machine. i think with no jefferson, he'll only develop more. next year i see the twolves winning 32-36 games with jefferson and love becoming a formidable big man duo. I dont think this team will ever win a championship b/c they have no dominant defenders, but i think they'll be a perenial playoff team in a few years.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i dunno i just dont see it Foye really isnt that good...yea McHale = the current Isiah , Kerr is a close second.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Portland, obviously.

NETS

Harris
Lopez

Memphis

Clippers

Gordon
Thorton
Jordan

Heat

Chalmbers
Cook
Beasley

Thunder

Westbrook
Durant
Green

awesome thread and i agree on your point that a lot of teams have extremely bright futures. id have to disagree with your griffin point though. the thunder have been winning consistently since durant has turned into a young tmac. i think they'll end up with 21 wins like last year, and probably wont get the number one pick, but they are my favorite of the young teams. durant is like a smoother t-mac, jeff green kinda reminds me of a more agressive (but more T.O prone) lamar odom. and russell westbrook has dwayne wade screaming all over him. if they do get griffin tht'd just be a nightmare for western conference teams in 2 more years.

for portland, if oden develops into a great center, i see this team winning 3-5 championships. b-roy has gone from a superstar to a megastar. and aldridge would be a great 3rd option( 3rd only if oden becomes whats hes supposed to become). this team has great role players, and lets not forget about jaryd bayless whos got some major talent and could be their franchise pg.

i like brook lopez, but im not sold on the nets until they get rid of carter and bring one or two more young stars.

i also dont agree with memphis. gay and mayo are good, but i dont see mayo developing into a playoff-contenter like star. hes developed such bad habits of taking bad shots because hes forced to (playing for a bad team). he also hasnt played stellar defense. conley has been a bust so far and i dont see him as a future star pg. i think memphis will be decent, but nothing like the thunder, or blazers.

dont agree with clippers only because they seem to have bad karma lol. though i do believe eric gordon will become like a gilbert arenas (bfore he got injured) in his prime.

i agree with the heat, people have been mocking beasly and saying how the heat shud have drafted mayo and all. but lets not forget beasly isnt playing 38 min, like me-myself and mayo is in memphis. beasly puts 14 pts in like 20 min. i dont see this guy becoming anything special on defense, but offensively hes definetely got it. chalmers will be a solid pg for a long time to come. and cook is a nice role player. and finish this all up with one of the top-3 players in the world (dwade of course) and this team also has a bright future.

a team im really curious about is the milwaukee bucks. ive really never seen them play but theyve got some really nice pieces. bogut is a quality center, who i dont think will ever be great but definetel better than the average center of many teams. villeaunava has been putting up monster numbers recently. rj is a solid complementary star. redd is a beast. and the kid that has got me wondering is ramon sessions. i wish i cud see more of him. recently hes put up some major statistical games (like 44 pts and 13 asts againt the pistons). ive never seen the bucks play live, but sessions is 23, bogut is young, villeaunava is young, rj and redd are like 27. maybe next year this team cud be a 50 win team. they are really a mystery to me.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i dunno i just dont see it Foye really isnt that good...yea McHale = the current Isiah , Kerr is a close second.

lol not to give any excuses for isiah, but he had absolutely no talent when he took over. he ruined us badly that i dont like giving him excuses, but steve kerr had a 60+ win team and ruined it lol. i liked him as a broadcaster and i thought it was an odd hire. slowly and slowly he turned that team from the most entertaining team of the decade, to the now most talented/chaotic team aka the dallas cowboys of the nba lol. though i think we owe it to kerr for allowing us to get d'antoni. thanks!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
lol not to give any excuses for isiah, but he had absolutely no talent when he took over. he ruined us badly that i dont like giving him excuses, but steve kerr had a 60+ win team and ruined it lol. i liked him as a broadcaster and i thought it was an odd hire. slowly and slowly he turned that team from the most entertaining team of the decade, to the now most talented/chaotic team aka the dallas cowboys of the nba lol. though i think we owe it to kerr for allowing us to get d'antoni. thanks!

yea loll he messed shit up in phoenix , McHale is even worse first off that trade of Roy-for-Foye i still dont get that trade till this day, and the trade of Mayo-for-Love....another head scratcher

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
yea loll he messed shit up in phoenix , McHale is even worse first off that trade of Roy-for-Foye i still dont get that trade till this day, and the trade of Mayo-for-Love....another head scratcher

Love is real soft IMO. Foye is actually doing a decent job this year. Except sometimes its dumb cause McFail might place him at the Point. They drafted Mayo. If they wanted to trade him, they should have asked for more. Miller really sucks this year

metrocard

Legend
I think the Clippers will suck forever. Gordon isn't that good. He's like Crawford except shorter and more athletic, but he doesn't have Crawford's handles.

Chalmers and Cook are just spot-up shooters. Beasley will be good, I think he's a little overrated though. They need to get some size. Jermaine O'neal will never be healthy for them.

Thunder should be good in like 3 years, once they get some size in this coming draft.

Chalmers is also an elite defender and is already getting mad experience @ PG...he could be a really legit starter for years to come.

Cook has a lot of skill to be a producing 15 ppg type starter, he's not as one dimensional as you make him to be.

Beasley is overrated, I agree.

Jermaine O'Neal will never be healthy for them sounds like a "fact", wow that was pretty good man...keep it up.

Thunder are close...don't be suprised.

Durant is a top 3 scorer in the NBA.
Green is an all around SF. Offense and Defense.
Same with Westbrook at PG, but he needs a jumpshot and some ball handling skills.
They get Griffin and a role playing center...they're a playoff squad in the West...especially with Dirk and Duncan getting old...they West will eventually get weak.

metrocard

Legend
Love is real soft IMO. Foye is actually doing a decent job this year. Except sometimes its dumb cause McFail might place him at the Point. They drafted Mayo. If they wanted to trade him, they should have asked for more. Miller really sucks this year

You wyling son.

Love is soft???

What makes you think Love is "soft"?

When he has the rep of a rugged rebounder...really one of the best rebounders in the league. I didn't dudes who fight for rebounds were "soft".

Foye is LAME, he's not that good.

I don't understand a Love/Jefferson frontcourt tho...doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know where you guys get your information from...no disrespect.

I mean knickzrulezH20 went out of control on OJ Mayo...

No rookie is going to be a great defender right away, but Mayo is one of the BEST defensive young guards in the NBA...he's just in a bad system where the team defense is poor. One on one he can hold his own.

Mayo has no superstar contender potential? He's already leading all rookies in points and has shown Kobe-like flashes. He wows guys like Kobe and Lebron...to say he has no superstar potential is foolish.

Not only Memphis has a future superstar in Mayo, they got an all star talent in Gay, and one of the best young big men in the West in Gasol.

You're doubting Conley? Where you been chilling, in 2008? Its 2009, its time for an upgrade.

He's averaging 15 and 6 in Feb...I know its not D. Harris like, but PG is a very hard position to adjust to, especially in the NBA. Conley will progress.

The Bucks?

RJ is a star? RJ is a lame duck.
Bogut is a bust.
Sessions is the only guard on that team.
Redd is a one dimensional chucker, what makes him a beast? How can a beast BEAST when he's out for the season and his franchise doesnt even want him and his ugly contract?

But no disrespect to you guys, its hard to agree when I have no idea where you come from on these things. lol @ Mayo not able to play D.

JayJ44

Starter
Chalmers is also an elite defender and is already getting mad experience @ PG...he could be a really legit starter for years to come.

Cook has a lot of skill to be a producing 15 ppg type starter, he's not as one dimensional as you make him to be.

Beasley is overrated, I agree.

Jermaine O'Neal will never be healthy for them sounds like a "fact", wow that was pretty good man...keep it up.

Thunder are close...don't be suprised.

Durant is a top 3 scorer in the NBA.
Green is an all around SF. Offense and Defense.
Same with Westbrook at PG, but he needs a jumpshot and some ball handling skills.
They get Griffin and a role playing center...they're a playoff squad in the West...especially with Dirk and Duncan getting old...they West will eventually get weak.

I did underrate Chalmers and Cook, but I don't think they are good enough offensively to be a supporting cast for D-Wade.

About O'Neal, you're right, I don't know for a fact that he won't be healthy. But he's barely played this season, and he's very injury prone. You can't trust him to be your 2nd best player.

The Thunder obviously have A LOT of talent. But they're all so young, I just think it'll take a little while for them to mature.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
You wyling son.

Love is soft???

What makes you think Love is "soft"?

When he has the rep of a rugged rebounder...really one of the best rebounders in the league. I didn't dudes who fight for rebounds were "soft".

Foye is LAME, he's not that good.

I don't understand a Love/Jefferson frontcourt tho...doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know where you guys get your information from...no disrespect.

I mean knickzrulezH20 went out of control on OJ Mayo...

No rookie is going to be a great defender right away, but Mayo is one of the BEST defensive young guards in the NBA...he's just in a bad system where the team defense is poor. One on one he can hold his own.

Mayo has no superstar contender potential? He's already leading all rookies in points and has shown Kobe-like flashes. He wows guys like Kobe and Lebron...to say he has no superstar potential is foolish.

Not only Memphis has a future superstar in Mayo, they got an all star talent in Gay, and one of the best young big men in the West in Gasol.

You're doubting Conley? Where you been chilling, in 2008? Its 2009, its time for an upgrade.

He's averaging 15 and 6 in Feb...I know its not D. Harris like, but PG is a very hard position to adjust to, especially in the NBA. Conley will progress.

The Bucks?

RJ is a star? RJ is a lame duck.
Bogut is a bust.
Sessions is the only guard on that team.
Redd is a one dimensional chucker, what makes him a beast? How can a beast BEAST when he's out for the season and his franchise doesnt even want him and his ugly contract?

But no disrespect to you guys, its hard to agree when I have no idea where you come from on these things. lol @ Mayo not able to play D.

Last season, Pau Gasol was deemed soft. He averaged almost 8 RPG in his career. I don't know about you metro, but i think Love is a lil soft. Maybe its because he always got outrebounded when i see him play, but yea, i could be wrong.

Metro, what makes you think Foye is lame? He's decent. the only reason most people hate on him is because he plays at the point. foye is NOT a PG.

However, I do agree with you on what you said about MIL. They need to get rid of redd. I think Sessions can be an 20-10 person in points ans assists, definitely

metrocard

Legend
I did underrate Chalmers and Cook, but I don't think they are good enough offensively to be a supporting cast for D-Wade.

About O'Neal, you're right, I don't know for a fact that he won't be healthy. But he's barely played this season, and he's very injury prone. You can't trust him to be your 2nd best player.

The Thunder obviously have A LOT of talent. But they're all so young, I just think it'll take a little while for them to mature.

Chalmers doesn't need to average 19 ppg...he's playing with a top 3 scorer in the NBA with Wade. He will be Wade's best compliment possible together they made a very good defensive back court.

Cook is a solid 3pt shooter/scorer off the bench, he provides the offense needed for Miami, especially since Miami in the future will have Wade/Beasley...they're looking to add Bosh in 2010 also.

You're right about O'Neal. I wouldn't trust him either. But if he stays healthy I could see Miami > Orlando who just lost Nelson.

Iono, I just like how Miami is built.

They got the franchise player.
The defensive PG who has range and a lot of maturity for a rookie.
The 2nd overall pick, who's overrated to us, which is valid...but the man can score.
Haslem is always solid.
And O'Neil....he's not a 20/9/2 dude no more...but If Miami gets 13-15 ppg 6-8 reb and 2 blk...they're a team that can be a threat....I just like the whole build up with Miami.

Last season, Pau Gasol was deemed soft. He averaged almost 8 RPG in his career. I don't know about you metro, but i think Love is a lil soft. Maybe its because he always got outrebounded when i see him play, but yea, i could be wrong.

Metro, what makes you think Foye is lame? He's decent. the only reason most people hate on him is because he plays at the point. foye is NOT a PG.

However, I do agree with you on what you said about MIL. They need to get rid of redd. I think Sessions can be an 20-10 person in points ans assists, definitely

Gasol could be deemed soft, but he's really a finesse guy with a lot of skill. Skilled players, especially skilled big men seem to get the soft label automatically because they don't stuff it in guy's faces(no homo), or play with a nasty demeanor.

Did you know Gasol was a SF before the NBA?
He averaging 9 rebounds for his career is really impressive, most impressive actually.

So he actually went from being "soft" to a really good rebounder.
His "softness" you speak off didn't stop him from being one of the big men in the NBA in the last 7 years.
He's on the level of KG and Duncan on terms of making the players around them better.
Gasol is so good, he got Memphis an expansion team into the playoffs consistanly...when posey a 6th man was the 2nd best player on the team.

Who watches the Minnesota Timberwolves?
But by the stats, who ever is out rebounding Kevin Love has to be really good, because

Per 36 minutes he's averaging

13.2 rebounds per game.
5.3 offensive rebounders per game(that means he's fighting for rebounds for the offense, is that soft?)

in his season average (28 minutes)
he's averaging 8.7

So in conclusion.

Kevin Love is the 4th most efficient rebounder in the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...2009&seasontype=2&seasontype=2&avg=48&pos=all

On list where David Lee is 9th, and the top 3 rebounders are Camby, Howard and Bendrins.

So who is outrebounding Love besides those guys? With your theory, the rest of the NBA is soft.

I don't know man, you're probably confusing Kevin Love for Mike Miller because you're way off on this one.

Foye is lame.
He isn't a PG.
He's not a great scorer
Nor a great shooter
and was not worth a lottery pick.
He's a player stuck between positions.
He's a small 2.
and a slow 1.
I feel bad for Minnesota for putting stock into him over the all star Roy.

Minnesota is a lost franchise...Love/Jefferson's style collide with each other.
Brewer/Foye are bust.

Telfair isn't an efficient player.
Mike Miller is falling off the cliff.

JayJ44

Starter
Chalmers doesn't need to average 19 ppg...he's playing with a top 3 scorer in the NBA with Wade. He will be Wade's best compliment possible together they made a very good defensive back court.

Cook is a solid 3pt shooter/scorer off the bench, he provides the offense needed for Miami, especially since Miami in the future will have Wade/Beasley...they're looking to add Bosh in 2010 also.

You're right about O'Neal. I wouldn't trust him either. But if he stays healthy I could see Miami > Orlando who just lost Nelson.

Iono, I just like how Miami is built.

They got the franchise player.
The defensive PG who has range and a lot of maturity for a rookie.
The 2nd overall pick, who's overrated to us, which is valid...but the man can score.
Haslem is always solid.
And O'Neil....he's not a 20/9/2 dude no more...but If Miami gets 13-15 ppg 6-8 reb and 2 blk...they're a team that can be a threat....I just like the whole build up with Miami.

I think the Heat are relying on Wade's scoring too much. It seems if Wade scores less than 30, they almost always lose. They need another consistent 20-25 PPG scorer to supplement him. That could be Beasley in the future, but right now it'll be hard for them in the playoffs without one.

If O'Neal can just stay on the court, he could make them tough to beat. He improves their interior defense, and him and Wade can run pick and rolls/pop. Wade is so good off screens, when you pair him with a dynamic big man, he's very tough to deal with. Who knows, maybe the weather in Miami will help him stay healthy.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Gasol could be deemed soft, but he's really a finesse guy with a lot of skill. Skilled players, especially skilled big men seem to get the soft label automatically because they don't stuff it in guy's faces(no homo), or play with a nasty demeanor.

Did you know Gasol was a SF before the NBA?
He averaging 9 rebounds for his career is really impressive, most impressive actually.

So he actually went from being "soft" to a really good rebounder.
His "softness" you speak off didn't stop him from being one of the big men in the NBA in the last 7 years.
He's on the level of KG and Duncan on terms of making the players around them better.
Gasol is so good, he got Memphis an expansion team into the playoffs consistanly...when posey a 6th man was the 2nd best player on the team.

Who watches the Minnesota Timberwolves?
But by the stats, who ever is out rebounding Kevin Love has to be really good, because

Per 36 minutes he's averaging

13.2 rebounds per game.
5.3 offensive rebounders per game(that means he's fighting for rebounds for the offense, is that soft?)

in his season average (28 minutes)
he's averaging 8.7

So in conclusion.

Kevin Love is the 4th most efficient rebounder in the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...2009&seasontype=2&seasontype=2&avg=48&pos=all

On list where David Lee is 9th, and the top 3 rebounders are Camby, Howard and Bendrins.

So who is outrebounding Love besides those guys? With your theory, the rest of the NBA is soft.

I don't know man, you're probably confusing Kevin Love for Mike Miller because you're way off on this one.

Foye is lame.
He isn't a PG.
He's not a great scorer
Nor a great shooter
and was not worth a lottery pick.
He's a player stuck between positions.
He's a small 2.
and a slow 1.
I feel bad for Minnesota for putting stock into him over the all star Roy.

Minnesota is a lost franchise...Love/Jefferson's style collide with each other.
Brewer/Foye are bust.

Telfair isn't an efficient player.
Mike Miller is falling off the cliff.

Thats why i think love is soft. The very first thing you said about gasol.

Like i said, i think Foye is decent. The only reason i think he performs badly sometimes is because Coach Mchale keeps starting him at PG. He is an SG. He wasn't worth the Top 10 pick ,like you said, but i dont think he totally sucks.

Since when was Telfair even efficent? and whatever happened to Corey Brewer? I never hear anything about him.

clumsy

Rotation player
AL Jefferson is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. He puts up some nice Fantasy Stats tho. Contrary to popular belief he's not a beast. He's Zach Randolph if he could block.

It makes me angry that Oklahoma will most likely win 40 to 50 games next year. That team is set at every position. Defensive centers, as my friend says AK47 junior in Sefalosha, and a core with 1 elite player and 2 very good ones.

Actually if there was a team we should trade draft picks with (assuming it is lower) it is the Thunder. They don't need draft picks now, they need good bench players.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Portland, obviously.

NETS

Harris
Lopez

Memphis

Clippers

Gordon
Thorton
Jordan

Heat

Chalmbers
Cook
Beasley

Thunder

Westbrook
Durant
Green

Portland - co-sign

Nets:

Harris is great, my only knock on him is he gets injured constantly. Being a PG and not being out there consistently to run the floor can hurt the flow.

Lopez has had a great rookie year but I am not 100% on his bandwagon yet.

I really think the nets need one more piece to be a great team. Lopez and Harris are not enough.

Clippers:

The team seems so dysfunctional. It almost looks like they could be knicks 2.0 in the future. I like Gordon, and I believe he is the best perimeter defender out of this draft.

Heat

They will only get better. I think Chalmers and Wade are enough to carry that team to another ring. Beasly and cook aren't even factors. If Beasly starts clicking and Cook continues to be solid then it just ensures the heats success.

Thunder

Talent wise, YES. I just hope the coach can get all of that talent together.

I think you would have to throw the bulls on that list.

Tyrus is a sick defender. I hated that guy in college and at the start of his NBA career, but I have to admit he is one of the top all around defenders in the NBA.

Rose has had a great rookie year, and once his body gets used to the stress of the NBA he will be much better.

Ben Gorden is obvious.

LeFlume

All Star
I think Grizzlies will suck forever. It's a small time market and they might lose their star players sooner than you think.