Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Slam Dunk contest reactions

Hopefully Nate will destroy Lebron James in the 2010 Slam Dunk contest and send him the message that the Knicks don't need him.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    NBA section?

another fail.

Anyway, Kenny Smith is a Fernandez hater. Dude is one of the most aigle players in the NBA...you don't have to be explosive to be considered athletic.

His two dunks were quality and deserving of a 45-47 each.

Dwight had two good dunks, the 12 foot...and off the of the side of the backboard on some sick ****.

Iono, I get a TIRED of seeing Nate Robinson and seeing a grown man act like a child...kinda whack to me.

Worst dunk contest of all time...
    word both of rudys dunks were 9-10 worthy. The one where he had on that fernando martin jersey was sick as hell and if his 2nd dunk didnt take 2 minutes to go down, it would've been a 50 easy.

Lurker

Yeah, Nate did pretty well. I voted for him and am glad he won.

Congrats to Nate on winning the slam dunk contest!! I am glad the fans had the last say so in it b/c the judges was clearly going to give Howard the title.

I did think Howard showed what a classact he is by letting Nate dunk over him.That clearly one the title for Nate and Howard knew that when he let him do that.

CONGRATS NATE!!!

anybody else think this whole superman things gettin a little played out?
    and this is dwights 3rd staright year in this i just noticed.

Originally Posted by TheBig****
    Who else feels they need a Nate jersey as an impluse buy?
    lolz thats wat my brother said. But I already have 2 (Blue N White) just need 2 get the green one now

Worst dunk contest of all time...
    First of all congratulations to Kryptonate.
    While I wouldn't go as far as saying that this was the worst dunk contest ever (I still remember Brent Barry winning the dunk contest). But it definitely didn't have last years level.

I my opinion, the expectations that the NBA built up were the main problem. There was no way players could meet those. I mean: Kenny Smith and Reggie Miller speculating if Howard is going to take off from the three point line? It is hard enough to make a lay-up from there! They are actually human beings and although both - Nate and Dwight Howard -- have an immense leaping ability -- they are still bound to certain laws of physics.

I also believe that the whole gimmicks-strategy is worn out. Let's see what Lebron comes up with next year. My prediction would be: back to basics.
    Last edited by pat; Feb 15, 2009 at 04:52.

NBA section?

another fail.
    You're really clutching at straws to abuse me now aren't you?

Originally Posted by pat
    First of all congratulations to Kryptonate.
    While I wouldn't go as far as saying that this was the worst dunk contest ever (I still remember Brent Barry winning the dunk contest). But it definitely didn't have last years level.

I my opinion, the expectations that the NBA built up were the main problem. There was no way players could meet those. I mean: Kenny Smith and Reggie Miller speculating if Howard is going to take off from the three point line? It is hard enough to make a lay-up from there! They are actually human beings and although both - Nate and Dwight Howard -- have an immense leaping ability -- they are still bound to certain laws of physics.

I also believe that the whole gimmicks-strategy is worn out. Let's see what Lebron comes up with next year. My prediction would be: back to basics.

I like that name: "Krypto-nate." It was entertaining: phone booth, Nate jumping over Howard, etc. Everything was good, except that Rudy Fernandez and Smith weren't coming with it. Fernandez made a great dunk, but he should have practiced that last dunk, a little more, if he wanted to win: way too many attempts to get a 50, 48, anything more than a 45.

If D-Howard takes off from behind the freethrow line, something I don't think anyone's ever done (I think most other dunkers have taken off from the actual line), I give him the contest.

Anyway, good for Krypto-Nate.

the backboard bounce dunks are getting a little played out now.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I like that name: "Krypto-nate." It was entertaining: phone booth, Nate jumping over Howard, etc. Everything was good, except that Rudy Fernandez and Smith weren't coming with it. Fernandez made a great dunk, but he should have practiced that last dunk, a little more, if he wanted to win: way too many attempts to get a 50, 48, anything more than a 45.

If D-Howard takes off from behind the freethrow line, something I don't think anyone's ever done (I think most other dunkers have taken off from the actual line), I give him the contest.

Anyway, good for Krypto-Nate.
    I think he was trying for a 2 handed dunk from the freethrow line,would have been quite impressive. Smith and Fernandez were ok, I don't really see the merits of a hard pass, the dunker is not making the pass, and Gasol failing that pass so many times cost Fernandez some points. The judging is whack though, Rudy got 42 for both dunks, his second was better and both were better than Smiths which got higher scores.

Worst dunk contest ever was actually when Fred Jones beat I believe J Richardson when neither could manage to dunk a ball in the final round and I think Fred won with like a 22 when he lost the ball but managed to make it a layup which proved better than JRich not making it in the hoop at all... that was a bad end to a dunk contest

I would love to see a slam dunk contest where one of the contestants breaks a backboard

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

just finished watching the dunk contest:

first off that Nate-over-Howard was sick, he jumped over him, it's that simple

Kryto-Nate is the bomb, he deserved it

Rudy shoulda gotten a better score on his second dunk they were both good worthy of 9-10 across the field.

LeBron couldnt wait till after the dunk contest to announce he was gonna compete next year? is he really that much of an attention fiend? i cant lie i wanna see him in the dunk contest

i need a Nate robinson jersey, just wanna make sure he'll remain a knick first loll

it'll be fun when we play the Magic on feb.25th cant wait to see Nate dunk on Howard this time is for real, Nate take the fine and wear the green arm sleeve and sneakers

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i want a krypo-nate shirt that was a hot shirt,

*waits for it to be available at NBA store*