Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Slam Dunk contest reactions

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i want a krypo-nate shirt that was a hot shirt,

*waits for it to be available at NBA store*
    If the nba is really stupid, they'll have you wait till Christmas, to get one at a game. Cuz at the Magic game on christmas day they gave away superman shirts at the game

Barry Meisel said that the St. Patrick's Day jersey Nate wore for the slam dunk contest won't be available on NBA Auctions.

I thought this would be an appropriate thread to introduce myself. I love Nate Robinson he is the man I have to get me one of those Kryptonate shirts. Go Knicks.

Welcome

Was Kryptonate taken?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

ima keep checking in on nba.com for the kryptonate shirt, i also want a white nate jersey but im holding off on that till we resign him.

When a player wastes 2mn attempting a dunk and loses the surprise factor, then he dosen't deserve much.
    The most important thing to me in a contest is the surprise, when everybody realizes what you're trying to do because of your lack of success, it ruins your chances, and that's what happened to the spanish.

Originally Posted by Ewing
    When a player wastes 2mn attempting a dunk and loses the surprise factor, then he dosen't deserve much.
    The most important thing to me in a contest is the surprise, when everybody realizes what you're trying to do because of your lack of success, it ruins your chances, and that's what happened to the spanish.
    Which is why I didn't even bother to watch it last night. Are you saying that this happened again? This always happens in dunk contests. They should have a limit on attempts. Also, whatever, man. The dunk contest doesn't have much room to grow anymore. The dunks have been all done in some way or form in the 80's and 90's. We are now reduced to cheesy displays of showmanship from the likes of D. Howard.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Say what....

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->

Nate the GREAT

sick sig you should def keep it

Originally Posted by metrocard
    NBA section?

another fail.

Anyway, Kenny Smith is a Fernandez hater. Dude is one of the most aigle players in the NBA...you don't have to be explosive to be considered athletic.

His two dunks were quality and deserving of a 45-47 each.

Dwight had two good dunks, the 12 foot...and off the of the side of the backboard on some sick ****.

Iono, I get a TIRED of seeing Nate Robinson and seeing a grown man act like a child...kinda whack to me.

Worst dunk contest of all time...

I know you like fernadez but you know that the second dunk took to long. You gotta remember the score should also reflect a little about how the fans reacted. The fans obviously were dissapointed since it took so long. But overall i did feel that fernadez was disrespected by the announcers during the slam dunk (thought i wish joe alexander or russell westbrook cuda done it). and i like nate's energy. he was a crowd pleaser and thats how you win the dunk contest. Reggie Miller said it the best, if you win the crowd you'll likely win the contest. I heard "nate" chants right before his name was announced as the winner. And that wasnt even close to being the worst of all time. It was definetely entertaining, i was just dissapointed that it was meant to only be a 2-man race. smith and fernandez wuda have to have done something amazing to be even considered having a chance to win. overall you should be happy that a knicks player won, and i like how he said he was bringing another trophy to new york. I know he seems bone headed on the court at times, but theres no doubting his love of being a new york knick. Go kryptonate!

Nasty nate in your area...

Great win for nate. Finally someone representin' for the Knicks.

When nate goes against Lebron next year he should grab some of that powder and throw it in lebrons eyes. Guaranteed victory for nate...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    I know you like fernadez but you know that the second dunk took to long. You gotta remember the score should also reflect a little about how the fans reacted. The fans obviously were dissapointed since it took so long. But overall i did feel that fernadez was disrespected by the announcers during the slam dunk (thought i wish joe alexander or russell westbrook cuda done it). and i like nate's energy. he was a crowd pleaser and thats how you win the dunk contest. Reggie Miller said it the best, if you win the crowd you'll likely win the contest. I heard "nate" chants right before his name was announced as the winner. And that wasnt even close to being the worst of all time. It was definetely entertaining, i was just dissapointed that it was meant to only be a 2-man race. smith and fernandez wuda have to have done something amazing to be even considered having a chance to win. overall you should be happy that a knicks player won, and i like how he said he was bringing another trophy to new york. I know he seems bone headed on the court at times, but theres no doubting his love of being a new york knick. Go kryptonate!
    Okay "knickzrulezH20" aka "MSGKnickz34" aka "amigo de Metrocards"

Should? Thats your opinion.

Well, JR Smith should have never been in the contest...they should of invited Gerald Green again...or let Alexander go because he said he has two dunks no one has ever seen before.

Thats what makes the dunk contest special, we want to see newly preformed dunks. That wasn't really done this year.

I like Fernandez, as many people should. He's a future Ginobili in this league.

Fernandez had the best dunk in the contest, he did do something amazing, but he got the same score because the judges made sure Rudy did not get into the Finals.

I mean, Dwight Howard got a 50 just by doing something not that dynamic.
    While Rudy get a 42 by executing the best dunk in the contest.

I'm cool with Nate representing, but his performance was watered down.
    I'm a NBA fan too, and theres no denying the dunk contest was water downed to the max. **** is all props and scripts now...looking like a WWE show.

Nate jumping over Howard was a memorable momment, no denying that, but there was no COMPETITION in this dunk contest...it was just a show between superman and his "weakness" which is mad corny to me.

Hopefully next year it will be on a more competitive level, innovative dunks.

"Go kryptonate!" is probably the gayest thing I heard on this site all year, no diss to you; you know how I like to point things out.

i agree Rudy got robbed that dunk was classic, really it was, i think they gave it that low of a score for two reasons

1. he used the entire 2 mins and then some, i think it was all gasol he shoulda had roy throw it to him, even after the 2 mins i woulda given him a 46 minimum after all those attempts cause it was something new.

2. the judges wanted Nate vs Howard.

Nates dunk was special i mean he jumped over Howard, sick. but Rudy did get robbed and to the point where the fans booed the judges score, worst judges ever.
    Last edited by DaTPRiNCE; Feb 17, 2009 at 11:06.

lol@ this fake ish being peddled on Ebay

i want that shirt but the real one loll