Slam Dunk contest reactions

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
BTW the horse was disappointing according to the announcers, guys went out and bottled it a bit, didn't see it myself but that's what the TNT guys were sayin.

I thought it was too. The only real good part was whenever CWebb and Kenny the Jet was yelling "AIRRRRRRRBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Knicks1stLady

Benchwarmer
Man I lost my voice screamin 4 nate, fingers hurt from textin like 50 times...I'm so0o0o happy he won and I'm gettin them green sneakers!

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Haha a Knicks jersey (perhaps the patricks day one) with kryptonate as the name on back would be cool, figures... I bought my buddy a knicks jersey and it was nate... knicks jerseys I've bought myself in history, sprewell, houston, kurt thomas, (Ewing and Starks when I was little but they would fit like D Howards shirt now), McDyess, Marbury, Crawford and Frazier. LMAO only one I can still really pull off wearing is the Frazier and to some extent Houston. Oh I also got a green t-shirt with the embroidery to look like a jersey of q rich that I could rock, but intentionally choose not to! Anyhow, we get to dust off the trophy case for something this year, if it wasn't for Nate dunk wins and D Lee rookie-soph MVP we'd have nothing in a long long while. Oh well, bright side is I put money on Nate to win on Bodog at 4-1 odds!

johnstarky

Rotation player
Hopefully Nate will destroy Lebron James in the 2010 Slam Dunk contest and send him the message that the Knicks don't need him.

NBA section?

another fail.

Anyway, Kenny Smith is a Fernandez hater. Dude is one of the most aigle players in the NBA...you don't have to be explosive to be considered athletic.

His two dunks were quality and deserving of a 45-47 each.

Dwight had two good dunks, the 12 foot...and off the of the side of the backboard on some sick shit.

Iono, I get a TIRED of seeing Nate Robinson and seeing a grown man act like a child...kinda whack to me.

Worst dunk contest of all time...
word both of rudys dunks were 9-10 worthy. The one where he had on that fernando martin jersey was sick as hell and if his 2nd dunk didnt take 2 minutes to go down, it would've been a 50 easy.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Congrats to Nate on winning the slam dunk contest!! I am glad the fans had the last say so in it b/c the judges was clearly going to give Howard the title.

I did think Howard showed what a classact he is by letting Nate dunk over him.That clearly one the title for Nate and Howard knew that when he let him do that.

CONGRATS NATE!!!:beer:

anybody else think this whole superman things gettin a little played out?
and this is dwights 3rd staright year in this i just noticed.

pat

Starter
Worst dunk contest of all time...

First of all congratulations to Kryptonate.
While I wouldn't go as far as saying that this was the worst dunk contest ever (I still remember Brent Barry winning the dunk contest). But it definitely didn't have last years level.

I my opinion, the expectations that the NBA built up were the main problem. There was no way players could meet those. I mean: Kenny Smith and Reggie Miller speculating if Howard is going to take off from the three point line? It is hard enough to make a lay-up from there! They are actually human beings and although both - Nate and Dwight Howard -- have an immense leaping ability -- they are still bound to certain laws of physics.

I also believe that the whole gimmicks-strategy is worn out. Let's see what Lebron comes up with next year. My prediction would be: back to basics.

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
First of all congratulations to Kryptonate.
While I wouldn't go as far as saying that this was the worst dunk contest ever (I still remember Brent Barry winning the dunk contest). But it definitely didn't have last years level.

I my opinion, the expectations that the NBA built up were the main problem. There was no way players could meet those. I mean: Kenny Smith and Reggie Miller speculating if Howard is going to take off from the three point line? It is hard enough to make a lay-up from there! They are actually human beings and although both - Nate and Dwight Howard -- have an immense leaping ability -- they are still bound to certain laws of physics.

I also believe that the whole gimmicks-strategy is worn out. Let's see what Lebron comes up with next year. My prediction would be: back to basics.

I like that name: "Krypto-nate." It was entertaining: phone booth, Nate jumping over Howard, etc. Everything was good, except that Rudy Fernandez and Smith weren't coming with it. Fernandez made a great dunk, but he should have practiced that last dunk, a little more, if he wanted to win: way too many attempts to get a 50, 48, anything more than a 45.

If D-Howard takes off from behind the freethrow line, something I don't think anyone's ever done (I think most other dunkers have taken off from the actual line), I give him the contest.

Anyway, good for Krypto-Nate.:afro:

smokes

Huge Member
I like that name: "Krypto-nate." It was entertaining: phone booth, Nate jumping over Howard, etc. Everything was good, except that Rudy Fernandez and Smith weren't coming with it. Fernandez made a great dunk, but he should have practiced that last dunk, a little more, if he wanted to win: way too many attempts to get a 50, 48, anything more than a 45.

If D-Howard takes off from behind the freethrow line, something I don't think anyone's ever done (I think most other dunkers have taken off from the actual line), I give him the contest.

Anyway, good for Krypto-Nate.:afro:

I think he was trying for a 2 handed dunk from the freethrow line,would have been quite impressive. Smith and Fernandez were ok, I don't really see the merits of a hard pass, the dunker is not making the pass, and Gasol failing that pass so many times cost Fernandez some points. The judging is whack though, Rudy got 42 for both dunks, his second was better and both were better than Smiths which got higher scores.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Worst dunk contest ever was actually when Fred Jones beat I believe J Richardson when neither could manage to dunk a ball in the final round and I think Fred won with like a 22 when he lost the ball but managed to make it a layup which proved better than JRich not making it in the hoop at all... that was a bad end to a dunk contest

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
just finished watching the dunk contest:

first off that Nate-over-Howard was sick, he jumped over him, it's that simple

Kryto-Nate is the bomb, he deserved it

Rudy shoulda gotten a better score on his second dunk they were both good worthy of 9-10 across the field.

LeBron couldnt wait till after the dunk contest to announce he was gonna compete next year? is he really that much of an attention fiend? i cant lie i wanna see him in the dunk contest

i need a Nate robinson jersey, just wanna make sure he'll remain a knick first loll

it'll be fun when we play the Magic on feb.25th cant wait to see Nate dunk on Howard this time is for real, Nate take the fine and wear the green arm sleeve and sneakers