Tyson Chandler?

Tyson Chandler a Knick by Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
Not many pure centers out there who can rebound, run and block. New Orleans will move Chandler this week and IMO he would help our defense big time.

Now, I dont think we can offer more than say Oklahoma, who has like 5 first round picks in the next two drafts plus some nice expiring deals (Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox). But I would be willing to do the following deal if given the chance (it passed in RealGM):

Al Harrington
Nate Robinson
Stephon Marbury

for

Antonio Daniels
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

Our starting 5:

Tyson
Lee
Wilson
Peja
Duhon

That should get us in the playoffs.

But then again, the lack of draft picks will probably preclude us from making a deal this week.

What do ya'll think about bringing in Tyson?

Paul1355

All Star
Nice but not happenening

Of course we would LOVE to have Tyson Chandler.

He's over 7 feet and blocks more than almost any other center in basketball.

His contract expires in 2 years but there i no news of us getting him.

If we had Chandler and kept Lee....we'd have a solid front court of rebounding, offense and great defense from Tyson.

donnie needs to get it done.than go after camby.the thunder i throwing wilcox and joe smith at them.
<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.26
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Tyson Chandler
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
984.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.18
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

i think this is a little better than that.i think lee could put up numbers with paul. the only issue would be his defense.

espn trade machine says, the hornets increase there win projection by three while we lose 4 projected games in that trade.
while the hornets lose 4 projected games, by adding wilcox and smith to their team; and the thunder lose 1 projected game.

our trade would be better for them.
but that's what the machine says.:D

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Of course we would LOVE to have Tyson Chandler.

He's over 7 feet and blocks more than almost any other center in basketball.

His contract expires in 2 years but there i no news of us getting him.

If we had Chandler and kept Lee....we'd have a solid front court of rebounding, offense and great defense from Tyson.

I agree if we could somehow land Chandler by trading Harington and Jeffries or Nate and Jeffries or add Curry with Nate or Harrington that would be good.Chandler with Lee as our front court would be awesome.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
I want peja. Peja is having a bad year and if we nail him it wuold be awsome. I highly dont think it could happen though. But i would give up lee and nate for peja and chandler

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Not sure if we can trade Al or Tim Thomas, without making the effort to look up the time period for my post, I think it's something like 3 months that must pass before someone can be traded again, not sure if we are out of whatever the time frame is. And I'd love T Chandler but not sure at the expense of Lee, although Lee might not mind joining CP since he went like 15-15 from the field and got MVP last time he played with Paul in the Rooks-Sophs game. So far I most like WVKnickfan's trade, but I want to make it even more of a blockbuster, say Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Jared Jeffries and Anthony Roberson for Peja, T Chandler, David West and CP3. Not sure if the salaries match but otherwise New Orleans would probably go for this, they'd land a myriad of front court talents along with a lethal sharpshooter in Roberson. If I have to I'll throw in Technical Harrington to sweeten the pot, as well as a bunch of booze and meth so if Donnie's mob connections don't make it happen maybe the NO GM will be messed up enough to go for it... hey, we're due for some good luck right?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Not many pure centers out there who can rebound, run and block. New Orleans will move Chandler this week and IMO he would help our defense big time.

Now, I dont think we can offer more than say Oklahoma, who has like 5 first round picks in the next two drafts plus some nice expiring deals (Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox). But I would be willing to do the following deal if given the chance (it passed in RealGM):

Al Harrington
Nate Robinson
Stephon Marbury

for

Antonio Daniels
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

Our starting 5:

Tyson
Lee
Wilson
Peja
Duhon

That should get us in the playoffs.

But then again, the lack of draft picks will probably preclude us from making a deal this week.

What do ya'll think about bringing in Tyson?

I would love to have Chandler flanking Lee in the paint but there is no way any trade deal would be considered with out Lee in the mix. Also, if you think about it, would you really want Lee on the floor at the same time? Chandler has a horrible offensive game and Lee's is still developing. It's all about synergy and that's why the tandem of Curry and Chandler worked so well in Chicago. Curry being the dominate scorer but weak defender balanced off Chandler's 1 sided defensive game. It was like these 2 guys made up a whole. You might be better off having Al up front with Chandler to have that mid range threat to keep the opposing defense honest.
You would then have Lee playing at both the 4 and 5 (3 man rotation at the front). But we will not get Chandler with out Lee so that scenario is a pipe dream.
From what I have seen at some of the rumor sites; the Knicks are making a play for Brad Miller. We might be able to get him cheaper; the rumor has the Knicks offering Malik's expiring contract as the main piece. I'm sure the Kings will ask about Lee but I believe we could get him with out Lee involved in the Trade. We might have to part with a different young player like Nate, Wilson or a future draft pick.

Here's a scenario:
Trade Lee and another salary match player for Chandler to start at the 5
See if we could get Miller for Rose and Nate + plus a second round pick.
You could have a starting lineup of:
Tyson Chandler - C
Brad Miller - PF
Wilson Chandler - SF
Richardson - SG
Duhon - PG

We would have a BIG front court!!