Official 2009 Nfl Draft Thread

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Its about that time of the year when teams are looking at what players will be on their radar when draft day comes. So its time for the discussions to begin. If you know anything in depth about a certain player, players you're favorite teams need, or any back story, then speak on it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread Sly we needed one. ima do the Nba one when we near it but anyways, sucks we dont have a pick till round two.........we need to draft CB's........

i hear we might do a trade with the Dolphins, so we could get Lewis through free-agency.....

metrocard

Legend
Jets need a QB...Jones/Washington is cool, but a franchise RB can do wonders for this franchise.
I don't follow college football, so could you guys breakdown the top 5 Qb's in this draft?

The O-Line will grow...we got some talented young dudes along with pro bowl talent Faneca.

Defensively...there could be a lot of upgrades done, but getting Ray Lewis should be KEY...he would improve other players performance with his leadership and experience.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ill wait till the second round to see who we should pick.......:boohoo:

but the Jets need a running back unless theres a QB who could be a franchise guy, and the Giants clearly need a WR loll

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Giants could use a WR or a Stud LB... But I trust whoever Jerry Reese picks.. The guy is money!

Last edited:

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
The Jets don't need a RB. I assume that the Jets will sign Chris McCalister, Bart Schott, and Jim Leonhart from Baltimore. Then the Jets can draft a QB like Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman in the 2nd, or one of my personal favorites Rhett Bomar in the 4th-5th round. If Sanchez isn't available I would draft Malcolm Jennings CB: Ohio, or Vonte Davis CB: Illonois.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I don't follow college football, so could you guys breakdown the top 5 Qb's in this draft?

I'll update one by one in the next couple of days...

TOP QUARTERBACKS-

1. Matt stafford- 6'3, 237 lbs. - georgia- top rated qb- expected to go first overall to the Lions. Has great awareness, strong arm and good accuracy. Still very young (turned 21 this past feb.7th). The lions are looking for a player that can be the face of the organization and stafford looks to be that guy.

Side note- ny jets.com has this guy falling to 17th!!! :lol:
Stafford is probably going to be 1st, go no lower than 3rd (kansas city)

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
2. Mark Sanchez (QB)- USC- 6'3, 225 lbs- 23yrs old

Mark sanchez is the second best QB in this draft. He could go as early as #3 to KC and probably no later than #17 to the Jets. Mark has good arm strength, not the strongest, but it gets the job done. Sanchez is a more accurate QB than stafford. He puts more touch on his throws, as opposed to matt, who has a gunslinger mentality. The thing that separates both QB's is experience. Mark sanchez only had one year of experience (went 14-2 last year), while matt has 3 years experience. If mark were to stay in college and put up the same numbers, he would easily be the top rated qb next year. Another team that would like to draft him is the niners. Especially with them having shaun hill (not a franchise QB) as the starter. Many have said that mark is the best USC Quaterback since carson palmer.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this dude is pretty good too, he's gonna surprise alot of people.He would be a good fit for the Jets.

Josh Freeman, Kansas State:
As a talented playmaker with a big arm and prototypical size (6-foot-6, 248 pounds), Freeman is likely to shoot up draft boards if he has a strong showing at the combine. Though Freeman leaves as the Wildcats' all-time leader in passing yards, touchdowns and total offense, some scouts will poke holes in his game due to his propensity to turn the ball over (34 interceptions in three seasons) and his mediocre record as a starter (14-18). Freeman carries a second-round grade on most boards, but could end up as a late first-round selection.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Forgot about this...

Good find, Prince. Yea I've seen freeman go as high as #22 to the vikings on mock drafts. Its going to depend on team's needs and if they need a new arm for their future. If the vikes get him jackson is going to have to get ready to pack his bags.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think you guys should go after Freeman, he's a big QB(no homo) and reminds me alot of Rothlisberger. you guys should look into drafting him, as of now its either Moreno or Freeman imo. Clemens and all the other trash wont get it done.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Who? Please enlighten us...

Ok. Michael Oher is a O-linemen from ole miss. One of the top line-men in this coming draft. His story is very unique. He actually had an IQ of a retard around 10th grade. Didn't go to school from like 9 to 13 yrs of age. He was living in the streets and nobody would look after him. Through the help of a christian family he started improving and is in the position that he's in.

Teams are concerned about his past. If it wasn't for that he would be a top 3 pick. They compare him to orlando pace.