Official Trade Deadline Thread

ive heard theyre after larry hughes but thats from frank isolas blog and i seriously doubt that guy has a clue about the nba.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/

listen to this asshole:
Although the Knicks won the game, Lee's decision to give a foul - the Knicks had one to give - was a questionable move at best. If the Knicks were up one, Lee would have been smart to foul. But in a tied game, there is a strong chance that the game will go into overtime. Think of it this way, how many All-Stars (and Lee thinks he belongs in that group) would knowingly foul out of a tie game? The answer is none.

smokes

Huge Member
Washington is a hard team to match salary with but it would be awesome to get someone like Nick Young.

If we pulled off something like:

Rose
Nate

for

T Chandler

and

Jefferies
Roberson

for

Nick Young + Trash

this team would go places. Could always try something with Haywood too but he's injured. Pretty unrealistic though, can always dream :)

Last edited:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Too quiet for now, I believe in 2 or 3 hours there will be an explosion of trades.
In Walsh I trust, for now...

KBlack25

Starter
The Tyson Chandler trade has been rescinded, Chandler is a Hornet again.

I don't see Walsh making many moves, I don't think it makes much sense right now. I think there will be deals made, but I don't think Walsh is going to make a move. In the Isiah Era we've come to expect our GM making a trade for the sake of making a trade. Here, I don't think it will happen.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
Am i the only one on here that REALLY wants donnie to make a trade lol. I mean i dont want him to make a random trade that will ruin the knicks, but i dunno why, i want a change

Starks

Starter
I don't think anything is going to happen with the Knicks. Donnie's patience is way to deep. This guy is like some kind of NBA monk.

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
That means the Wizards are going to have to move someone. If they don't make a move now, they are taking a huge risk. In the summer, they can no longer trade for an immediately-expiring contract that would alleviate their tax burden. They'd have to find a team under the cap and try to move a player like Etan Thomas. To do that, they would likely have to give up cash and draft picks and bring back nothing, just to get a team to take on his salary.
That's led to some talk of the Wizards and Knicks discussing a deal that would send Jared Jeffries back to Washington along with Malik Rose in exchange for Etan Thomas and Mike James.

Just got this off of ESPN. ESPN is the #1 source for breaking news today.

Also if Nate or Lee would have to be traded I would keep Nate. Nate is more dynamic and Lee is a little to soft on offense. Nate will come cheap while Lee will come in a big deal.

Also is it possible for us to give Lee 3 million to start for LeBron's sake and bump him up in later years...

Red

TYPE-A
Tim Thomas Jerome James for Hughes is being reported.*****Lebron James WILL be a Knick in 2010*****

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Jeffries' best moment...

topper-nuggets.jpg

JayJ44

Starter

I heard there's no truth to that. Too good to be true...
UPDATE: 10:30 a.m. - The Jeffries stuff involving the Wizards has no legs at all, I'm hearing.
Larry Hughes/Chris Wilcox:
At the MSG Training Center and heard the Knicks are close to acquiring Larry Hughes for Tim Thomas, Anthony Roberson and Jerome James.
Mike D'Antoni is going to need an extra ball in the offense now. But the Knicks get two extra roster spots opened up, which could signal another deal is in the works.
As we monitor this one . . . check out this entertaining web site created by Cleveland Cavaliers fans while Hughes played for the Cavs. It might be the longest domain name in HTTP history:
www.heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com.
UPDATE: 1:38 p.m. -- The Knicks are also apparently close to adding forward/center Chris Wilcox from the Oklahoma City Thunder for Malik Rose. Both are expiring contracts, but Wilcox is younger, bigger and stronger and fills the need for size and toughness (along with athletic ability) in the frontcourt.
Blackberry buzzing off the table right now.
Stay tuned . . .
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/