• no

0 0%
  • who cares

5 9.62%
Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks get Hughes and Wilcox

Default Knicks get Hughes and Wilcox

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It is not immediately clear if this would be two separate trades or a three-way exchange, but I'm hearing that Oklahoma City's Chris Wilcox -- who went back to the Thunder on Wednesday night when the Tyson Chandler trade was rescinded -- and Chicago's Larry Hughes are New York-bound.
    To complete the transaction(s), Oklahoma City would get Malik Rose and Chicago would receive Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson.
    Trying to nail it all down for you.

Thoughts?

Not bad, not really exciting though. Thomas and Wilcox are more or less a trade off, Wilcox not great but he has potential. Getting Hughes fills a bit of a gap but would rather have someone consistent. Getting rid of James is nice though.

does it really matter i meanwe get an "ok" sg but does this mean we free up another spot so we could bring up patrick ewing jr. do you really think this would help us?

these arent done deals yet but if they do get done, its nothing major

what numbers will they be wearing? 54 and 32?

I haven't done the research...does this help our cap for 2010?

wow we did a deal espn has it on a breaking news hughes for thomas and james damn!!!! we stilll can ship out rose we got 20 min lets do it donnie!

I think its way more major then you people make it out to be. Larry Hughes is far from a great player but he is a shooting guard with size that can defend. He would immediately be one of our best perimter defenders. Also his contract is off the books after 09 and it frees up a roster spot for us to bring in another player. Hughes also has enough experience at the point guard position that he can fill the role as a backup point.

Chris Wilcox is a atheltic shooting blocking big man. He's been buried on the bench in Seattle but he has some game. He give us more rebonding and some shot blocking. Not to mention the fact he can atleast play some minutes something that Malik Rose coudln't do.

ok the hughes deal is done. tim thomas, jerome james, and roberson to chicago. Knicks got 3 open roster spots now.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

doesn't Hughes replace one of the three players traded spots?

at least now we can finally call up Ewing Jr.

does this help us for 2010 or not really? or just opening roster spots to bring up jr. i want him here!

Donnie did exactly what he siad he was going to do. He improved the team (maybe only slightly) while not mortaging the 2010 plan.

hughes expires after this year, so does jeromes, and thomas' and roberson's contracts come off the books by 2010 so it really does nothinfg to help or hurt us in 2010. And before this trade, the knicks roster had 1 openspot because of Mobely retiring. Now the knicks just did a 3 for 1 deal-opening up 2 more spots. I might be wrong but im pretty sure thats how it works.

Wilcox is a proven rebounder and a decent presence on D, while Hughes can ad 10/15pts a game for us.
    Two good moves in my opinion.

For us, it shouldn't be about getting more players but getting rid of certain toxic cash eating players.

While I like the trade for Wilcox and Hughes, I think the Knicks needed to find a way to dump Jeffries & Curry.

New York has two players (Eddy Curry at $11.3 million, Jared Jeffries at $6.9 million) under contract for 2010-11, plus player options for Wilson Chandler ($2.1 million) and Danilo Gallinari ($3.3 million). Also, they'll be committed to paying their 2009 draft pick somewhere from $5.6 million (if they miss the playoffs and win the draft lottery) and $1.8 million (if they finish eighth in the East, make the playoffs and draft 15th.)
    They have to find a way to eliminate Jarred Jeffries and Eddy Curry because of their contracts!