Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predict the New Knicks Lineup/Roster

Default Predict the New Knicks Lineup/Roster

As of now the Knicks have 12 players on their roster...Two of those players are Maurbry and Eddy Curry. I can assume that the Knicks will add Ewing Jr. but what other additions could you see the Knicks make?
    Depth chart (Wikipedia)

<table style="background-color: rgb(21, 96, 190); text-align: center;"> <tbody><tr style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(21, 96, 190); color: rgb(255, 117, 24);"> <th width="40">Pos.</th> <th width="165">Starter</th> <th width="165">Bench</th> <th width="165">Reserve</th> <th width="165">Inactive</th> </tr> <tr style="height: 40px; background-color: white;"> <th style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>
    </td> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 40px; background-color: white;"> <th style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>
    </td> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 40px; background-color: white;"> <th style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>
    </td> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 40px; background-color: white;"> <th style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>
    </td> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 40px; background-color: white;"> <th style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>
    </td> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 117, 24);">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td></tr></tbody></table>

That one pretty much sums it up. That's a pretty good defensive lineup, when you think about it.

PG-Duhon- little overrated defensively, but still pretty solid
    SG- Larry Hughes- former all-nba defensive team (When was the last time we had one of those? Dikembe?)
    SF- Chandler- good defender, athletic
    PF- David Lee- Not great, but he tries. Does alright in stretches. Ex. against Duncan on Tuesday.
    C- Chris Wilcox- good shotblocker, gives us some interior defense.

I'm happy about this team going forward. Gives us a chance at the playoffs.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    C- Chris Wilcox- good shotblocker, gives us some interior defense
    .3 blocks per game isnt good. But 6'10 235 is a presence that we need

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    .3 blocks per game isnt good. But 6'10 235 is a presence that we need
    He didn't play a lot, and didn't play hard, but he has the ability. Hopefully he'll show it when he plays here.

Bottom line is the team is better off

and I feel happier (and isn't that what really matters, lol)

next 12 games we go hard

I do not see Wilcox or Hughes starting as they need to learn the system first. I perfer we run Jeffries, Lee, Chandler, Duhon and Q-Rich starting.

Originally Posted by Bernard_King
    I do not see Wilcox or Hughes starting as they need to learn the system first. I perfer we run Jeffries, Lee, Chandler, Duhon and Q-Rich starting.
    I dont want Q anywhere near the starting lineup. Bring him off the bench if you must, if he's hot he can play a little, if he's not, yank him.

Q-rich been playing his best ball as a Knick the last few games? Nate been on fire, so coach D'Antoni could move him into the starting line up.

I agree with the King. I don't see either starting right away, but i do see Hughes starting right away. I'm not the biggest Al Harrington fan but he's our best scorer so we will need to keep him in to the starting lineup.

I'd guess once Hughes gets back into playing shape and learns the system we'll look like this to sart games

Duhon
    Hughes
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee

With Wilcox, Gallo, Nate, and Q off the bench. Not to bad considering we gave up nothing while keeping cap space.

I think our line up ain't lookin too shabby...I'd like to see Harrington in the starting line up, as he's prob the best player (usually) on the team right? ...it's safe to say each one of those players on the 'bench' listed above have the capability, and prob will at one point in another, all start... which is a good and telling thing

Good starting 5 and a solid bench, looking forward for the upcoming games.

I like Wilcox out of Maryland and he had two nice seasons in Seattle, he a pretty athletic big guy. Still a young player, can not wait to see what D'Antoni does with him.

<TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR class=""><TD class=yr>05-06</TD><TD class=tm>SEA</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>30.1</TD><TD>0.592</TD><TD>0.000</TD><TD>0.787</TD><TD>2.5</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD>1.2</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>1.38</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>14.1</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>06-07</TD><TD class=tm>SEA</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>31.5</TD><TD>0.529</TD><TD>0.000</TD><TD>0.684</TD><TD>2.2</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>7.7</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.9</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>1.55</TD><TD>3.00</TD><TD>13.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    That one pretty much sums it up. That's a pretty good defensive lineup, when you think about it.

PG-Duhon- little overrated defensively, but still pretty solid
    SG- Larry Hughes- former all-nba defensive team (When was the last time we had one of those? Dikembe?)
    SF- Chandler- good defender, athletic
    PF- David Lee- Not great, but he tries. Does alright in stretches. Ex. against Duncan on Tuesday.
    C- Chris Wilcox- good shotblocker, gives us some interior defense.

I'm happy about this team going forward. Gives us a chance at the playoffs.
    He's actually a worst shot blocker than Eddy Curry!

that lineup sounds good.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    I agree with the King. I don't see either starting right away, but i do see Hughes starting right away. I'm not the biggest Al Harrington fan but he's our best scorer so we will need to keep him in to the starting lineup.

I'd guess once Hughes gets back into playing shape and learns the system we'll look like this to sart games

Duhon
    Hughes
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee

With Wilcox, Gallo, Nate, and Q off the bench. Not to bad considering we gave up nothing while keeping cap space.
    I like this lineup, i hate seeing Chandler as an SG. Play him as a SF.