Raptors @ Knicks 2/20/09 7:30EST

jpz17

Starter
Yes guys, this officially means Jpz has come out of retirement. I've had some personal things clear up if you know what I mean. I have more time now............... Anyway, I noticed there wasn't a thread, so here it is.

<!-- left column --> Raptors at Knicks

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Depth Chart</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>POS</td><td>TORONTO (PPG)</td><td>NEW YORK (PPG)</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PG </td><td align="left"><nobr>J. Calderon 13.1</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>C. Duhon 12.6</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SG </td><td align="left"><nobr>A. Parker 10.3</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>W. Chandler 13.7</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SF </td><td align="left"><nobr>S. Marion 12.0</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>J. Jeffries 4.8</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PF </td><td align="left"><nobr>C. Bosh 22.7</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>A. Harrington 20.0</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">C </td><td align="left"><nobr>A. Bargnani 13.7</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>D. Lee 16.4</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

Chris Duhon vs. Jose Calderon

2377.jpg
2806.jpg

Wilson Chandler vs. Anthony Parker

3194.jpg
635.jpg

Al Harrington vs. Shawn Marion

308.jpg
510.jpg

David Lee vs. Chris Bosh

2772.jpg
1977.jpg

Jared Jeffries vs. Andrea Bargnani

1717.jpg
2987.jpg

Player Status:

Questionable: Chris Bosh (knee)

Out: Eddy Curry (knee)

The New York Knicks are looking to return to the playoffs for the first time in five years. A couple of trading-deadline deals may help achieve that.
On Friday night, the retooled Knicks open a home-and-home series at Madison Square Garden against the Toronto Raptors, who may have leading scorer and rebounder Chris Bosh back in the lineup.New York (22-31) has averaged 28 wins since its last playoff appearance in 2004. Team president Donnie Walsh on Thursday was busy bolstering his team's chances of returning to the postseason, sending Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson to Chicago for Larry Hughes, and acquiring Chris Wilcox from Oklahoma City for Malik Rose.Stephon Marbury -- inactive all season despite a salary of nearly $22 million -- remained on the roster.The Knicks only would take back players whose contracts that expire before the summer of 2010, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh may lead a vaunted free-agent class.Wilcox was averaging 8.4 points and 5.3 rebounds in 37 games with the Thunder. Hughes, averaging 12.0 points in 30 games, was disgruntled in Chicago as he hasn't played since Jan. 12 and even watched one game from a club restaurant.It's not known if the new acquisitions will be available to face Toronto (21-35), but New York coach Mike D'Antoni told the Knicks' official Web site that he likes what Walsh has brought in."Chris is a gifted athletic big man that brings toughness and solidifies our interior defense," he said. "Larry fits nicely in our backcourt. He is extremely athletic and a tough defender with a solid overall game."New York begins play in 11th place in the Eastern Conference, three games behind eighth-place Milwaukee.The Knicks snapped a six-game losing streak with a 112-107 overtime win over San Antonio on Tuesday behind 32 points from reigning slam-dunk champion Nate Robinson.Though he's averaging 16.4 points this season, the 5-foot-9 guard has scored 31.7 in his last three games. He averaged 16.7 points in three games against Toronto last season.According to the Raptors' official Web site, Bosh, who is scoring 22.7 points and pulling down 9.5 rebounds per game, expects to return after missing last five games with a sprained right knee.Toronto could have used him on Wednesday in a 93-76 loss to Cleveland. After averaging 100.5 points in two wins before the All-Star break, the Raptors were held below 77 for the third time this season. They also shot 36.5 percent from the field and were outrebounded 48-32.Shawn Marion, in his first game with Toronto after being acquired from Miami last Friday, had 10 points, six rebounds and six assists. Marcus Banks, also part of the deal that sent Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon to the Heat, had four points off the bench."We have had a couple of practices and they are trying to learn the plays on the fly, with guys on the floor directing them where to go and me yelling from the sideline where they are supposed to be," Raptors coach Jay Triano said.The Raptors have won 11 of the last 14 meetings overall with Bosh averaging 27.9 points and 8.7 rebounds in his last seven games at MSG. The teams will meet again on Sunday in Toronto, where the Raptors have won eight straight over New York. -ESPN
larry_hughes-796787.jpg

FP3866%7ECleveland-Cavaliers-Larry-Hughes-Posters.jpg

act_chris_wilcox.jpg

35819640.jpg

g_wilcox1_350.jpg

Weather or not Hughes and Wilcox will play tonight is still unknown

Today we will go against a D'Antoni favorite
shawn-marion.jpg

Shawn Marion!!!!

f59c51ff-58ea-4bbe-a0be-792db402162f.jpg

6cfb1561-b234-4c71-b546-52fa0e7f3bca.jpg

Bosh should be back and ready to go for their first game together

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
New York?s two newest members ? Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox ? won?t be in uniform, but that doesn?t mean the Knicks are going to take it easy on the Raptors when the Atlantic Division rivals meet tonight at Madison Square Garden.

From the official Knicks website.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
it's cool JPZ, i was working on the thread when i saw it was already up, no problem ill just do the one on Sunday then........

.....nice short brief thread JPZ im digging it, i hope our new guys play

jpz17

Starter
it's cool JPZ, i was working on the thread when i saw it was already up, no problem ill just do the one on Sunday then........

.....nice short brief thread JPZ im digging it, i hope our new guys play

yeah thanks, just enough to get people pumped, but this is not an official JPZ thread:cool:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Now that the team is set and done for the final months, the upcoming games are a good way to start a good run and keep us in a playoff hunt.
Our next 5 games are very important, and I think we can win them all.
GO KNICKS!:gony:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Yea Wilcox is in uniform. It'd be nice to see him in for a few min tonight. I think we should win this.. Nate has been playing very well of late

JayJ44

Starter
Wow, no wonder the Raptors have such a bad record. They really suck. Their defense sucks, and their only offensive threat is Bosh. Lee is playing great so far.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wow! 42 in the first...Dlee and Nate are playing real well...sick last second 3 by Nate...raptors seem awful