it's a tragic day in knicks history

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i shouldnt even be buggin like this, i mean it aint my fault sports pros are so terrible

did walsh and dantoni not review larry hughes career stats? and if they did, why let him play so many minutes???

i mean WHY NOT TELL HIM "look we want you to play defense and ONLY take open MIDRANGE shots or easy open drives to the basket!!"

why couldnt coaches do that? if he acts up bench him WTF these guys are getting paid millions, they already got the job so this whole ego thing is BS

THESE GUYS BENCHED GALLINARI FOR THE WHOLE GAME TO SEE WAT HUGHES CAN OFFER!!!! as if we dont know!!! whats the point!!! :eek:

and on top of that gallo has a better dribble AND shot than hughes...just when gallo starts developing(already 6ppg on 45% and 41%3pt) some as5hole(27%3pt WOW) comes in and trumps the progress

honestly i like dantoni's playbook and the type of shots the knicks get off now, i mean they actually know what theyre doing on offense for the first time in years, but they make TOO MANY subbing mistakes

they couldve EASILY won this game if they just went with the previous game's rotation

i mean the ROOSTER EVEN LAID THE SHAMGOD on some power forward last game, i wanna see shit like that, u know cool basketball stuff

not some overrated guard with too much privilege who dribbles like a power forward and shoots like a center :barf:iunno how them other teams let him EVEN START and try to get the stats he has, he'd even suck on a college team right now.....really he has NOTHING to offer!

honestly his defense is overrated, as shown in todays game, im sure robinson and gallo can make up for a few pass interceptions :beat:

sad day in knicks history

JayJ44

Starter
So after one game, (Hughes first in over a month), you start spazzing out and blaming todays loss on Hughes? We would have lost either way. The Raptors were embarassed with their loss on Friday, and it's nearly impossible to win both games on a back to back against the same team. How are the new guys supposed to learn how to play with the team (and get in basketball shape) if they don't play? He didn't even play that much. He played 15 minutes, didn't really make much of a difference. Stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
u need to take it easy. they practiced once together so naturally chemistry is off. and like he said above he played 15 minutes

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
easy he wasn't getting the ball, only took 6 shots he should be more involved on offense

...they only played one game together so it's natural for chemistry to be off, so lets give em some time.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
Larry Hughes hasnt played in a month so obviously his shot is off. Its like when we aquired Al Harrington. he didnt play in like 3 weeks and it took him about a week to adjust

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
We really lost this game because only one guy shot an efficient percentage, for double figures: Harrington, with 13-21, for 33 points. Everyone else shot poorly, which, coupled with the fact that our defense was weak: lots of guys were left open, or allowed to drive to the hole, led to our defeat.

I agree, though, with your assessment on Hughes, who has a long history of being a selfish, poor shooter. I don't care how long he's been out, he has sucked, for years, and will continue to suck.

As for Gallinari, he hasn't proven himself. And I would not mind him playing, if teams did not successfully exploit his weak D, whenever he has been on the floor.

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
it's 100% true- WHY NOT TELL HIM "look we want you to play defense and ONLY take open MIDRANGE shots or easy open drives to the basket!!"

Starks

Starter
totally unnecessary thread.

Is Hughes part of the Knicks long term plans? No
Are the Knicks in going to win a championship this season or next? No

This is just a pit stop for him and everyone knows this. He probably won't even have his things sent to NYC.

Chill the hell out

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
totally unnecessary thread.

Is Hughes part of the Knicks long term plans? No
Are the Knicks in going to win a championship this season or next? No

This is just a pit stop for him and everyone knows this. He probably won't even have his things sent to NYC.

Chill the hell out

word, he's just here to make us more competitive in the short-term come the 2010-2011 season he's gone.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Every time someone opens a thread that they don't like, here come jpz and starks, calling for threads to be closed. There are tons of bad threads, including some of yours, at least this one has some value to it, unlike threads that ask, "is David Lee the new Ewing?" or some other retarded question.

Starks

Starter
Every time someone opens a thread that they don't like, here come jpz and starks, calling for threads to be closed. There are tons of bad threads, including some of yours, at least this one has some value to it, unlike threads that ask, "is David Lee the new Ewing?" or some other retarded question.

sorry, this thread has no value.

And for the record, I'm not one to post useless childish threads that look like they came from a lonley 8th grader thats been locked in the basement for most of childhood..... that job's been taken over by ton of others on here. = )

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
u people is only one game and u saw he could play d so what the hell is ya problem damn give the man a chance and dont worry housten is there to help on his shot in practice lol

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Larry Hughes sucks. He doesn't deserve a chance. He's a skinny version of Quentin Richardson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
So So Thread

This isn't a garbage thread, Portable Man brings up some good points even though he is overreacting on many of his points. During the game thread I was worried about Gallo being a DNP for this game. Gallo should have played, especially since Hughes and Wilcox haven't gelled with the team yet. I understand Portable Mans overreaction because the Knicks don't have much room for error if they want to make the playoffs. The Knicks have to win all these winnable games. I'm not giving up on Hughes after one game, however I want to see Gallo getting some minutes in the future.
:gony:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Wait and see

I love Wilcox and do not like Hughes so I had a similar initial reasction. However, the Hughes deal was more about dumping James and opening two extra roster spots, so wait and see what we use thiose roster spots (plus Starbury's) for.

If Hughes does not change, D'Antoni will tire quickly of 1-9 ball-hogging and no defense. But we need to give Hughes and Wilcox a few weeks to get into game shape and the team flow.

I believe Wilcox was great for game 1 (5 pts and 5 reb in 10 minutes - if he and Lee can both get double-doubles in the same game now we are talking).

Hughes will change or his minutes will be reduced and we will see Gallanari again. Let us not forget that we started to win when Gallo started to get minutes.

I am a bit worried that we play Chandler and Gallo enough in the first three years. We made this mistake with Lee and Nate and this led to not being ready to decide on extensions last summer. As a result we now face overpaying Lee or Nate or losing one of them for nothing. Much better to develop your rookies more in the first three years, so you can extend the right rookies and dump the right ones.

I am also a bit torn on whether they should make the playoffs or tank and get Thabeet. The problem is that D'Antoni is correct that the culture of winning or losing is more important than draft picks, but sometimes a key injury can be a godsend if it lands you, say, Tim Duncan.

Thabeet could be the defensive shot blocker they need for the next ten years.