Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: Post Your Rhymes Here

  1. #31
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    For real man. Money does bad things to good people. "To get rich..." SMH. If you have that dream you aint goin to get far. I hate how all the people care about the money. In the song "Brooklyn" by Mos Def, he says it best, a statement that is so true in my opinion.

    "One of the greatest MCs was a local cat"

    Have you recorded anything yet sly?

  2. #32
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Nah, not yet. Right now just trying to perfect the rhymes. At the same time I'm really looking forward to producing. So since getting back to NY I haven't written much. Just looking for a job so that I can save up money for producing equipment. What about you? How's that coming along?

  3. #33
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Nah, not yet. Right now just trying to perfect the rhymes. At the same time I'm really looking forward to producing. So since getting back to NY I haven't written much. Just looking for a job so that I can save up money for producing equipment. What about you? How's that coming along?
    Same. I think i'll be ready to record this summer when i go to NY. Some of my friends rap. I'm going to produce with them.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Thats him. His music is iight, i'm really feeling the first song. quality ain't that great though.

    Anyway, yeah i'm gunna go record with him this summer, hopefully.


    Heres some of our stuff

    VerseOne (Me) still needs editing...
    I Grew Up On The Streets Of Bk, Where the Beats Stay
    They i move to LV in a heat wave
    A few years in this hell i call home
    Many things changed so much time has flown
    Been 3 years, since i rolled in ridgewood
    But the style stays the same, fresh kicks and mint hoods
    You know what? I'm hated all across the country
    Cause i dont go for sex honeys, i dont do it for the money
    Some people out there, i dont even know, saying **** about me
    That they got more dough
    But fact is, the dont know jack about me
    Oh you do? Bring a MAC and we'll see
    Everything i say spits fire, you? You stay in ice
    You a hater a month, im a winner for life
    But im passionate, I rap, i do this true
    Hey man, they hate me, what can i say about you?

    (Verse 2) (Him)
    So many haters these days
    They tryna jack the way
    Us original brothas do yall fake we true
    I'm DPO and my flow be so ill
    Yall the mirages we are real
    Don't hate on D he new york born and raised
    My words have emotions connect like a play
    If you think I'm illetare you are wrong
    my illiteration is inspiration for you to hate the song
    I'ma do me your words have no effect
    My soul is what determines the text
    I really don't believe that hip hop is dead
    I think it's growing changing but instead
    Of afrocentrism we do itemcentrism
    I can mix both I have infinite wisdom
    And my mentality is that of a entrepeneur
    To get more not be poor own a house with a shore








  4. #34
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    That's pretty good, Streets. Check this out:


    Abstract figures/in my mind lingers/cold fingaz/from holding shot-ringaz/apocalypse soothes the pain/blood mixes with water from rain/trying to maintain/but its so hard on the brain/games that people play/not from shooting the jay/but from sprayin' the AK/in corner spots/loud shots/got me setting up plots/to get away from violence/sitting in dead silence/seeing my future with precedence/or maybe with many dead presidents/hence, I say my rhymes with no hesitance/you cannot portray my style/leaving wack rappers in denial/murdering your career puts me in the O.J. trial/meanwhile, I make my escape/ how many true emcees can relate?/already thinking about my next court date/can't let the **** bring me down/just cuz some clown/wanted to go pound for pound/street rep got me dumbfound/stabbin' *****z in the playground/brings frowns to my society/explaining my situations to a tee/shirts ripped from the robbing spree/

  5. #35
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    That's pretty good, Streets. Check this out:


    Abstract figures/in my mind lingers/cold fingaz/from holding shot-ringaz/apocalypse soothes the pain/blood mixes with water from rain/trying to maintain/but its so hard on the brain/games that people play/not from shooting the jay/but from sprayin' the AK/in corner spots/loud shots/got me setting up plots/to get away from violence/sitting in dead silence/seeing my future with precedence/or maybe with many dead presidents/hence, I say my rhymes with no hesitance/you cannot portray my style/leaving wack rappers in denial/murdering your career puts me in the O.J. trial/meanwhile, I make my escape/ how many true emcees can relate?/already thinking about my next court date/can't let the **** bring me down/just cuz some clown/wanted to go pound for pound/street rep got me dumbfound/stabbin' *****z in the playground/brings frowns to my society/explaining my situations to a tee/shirts ripped from the robbing spree/
    Nice yo. I'm not that great about rapping about murkin people, as you can probably see. I'm more like a Common Sense typr of person. Its just decent at best. You however are pretty good. Was that over any kind of beat or you just wrote it just cause?

  6. #36
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Nice yo. I'm not that great about rapping about murkin people, as you can probably see. I'm more like a Common Sense typr of person. Its just decent at best. You however are pretty good. Was that over any kind of beat or you just wrote it just cause?
    I don't wanna brag or anything but I wrote these verses on the spot


    I was just gonna comment on your rhymes but then I was like let me put something down.


    I can write faster if I don't use a beat behind the words. But when I have time I'll see if I put some rhymes with a classic beat.


    I hear what you're saying about the whole "murking people" thing. But if you take a look at the rhymes that I wrote I really didn't mention anything about killing or shooting somebody (just stabbing). To me, it isn't cool to glorify those moments in time. At the same time, helping your audience visualize situations that you may have encountered is something that emcees should do. Showing right from wrong and to not commit the same mistakes, you know? Its also about being creative and depicting images you may have in your head.

  7. #37
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    I don't wanna brag or anything but I wrote these verses on the spot


    I was just gonna comment on your rhymes but then I was like let me put something down.


    I can write faster if I don't use a beat behind the words. But when I have time I'll see if I put some rhymes with a classic beat.


    I hear what you're saying about the whole "murking people" thing. But if you take a look at the rhymes that I wrote I really didn't mention anything about killing or shooting somebody (just stabbing). To me, it isn't cool to glorify those moments in time. At the same time, helping your audience visualize situations that you may have encountered is something that emcees should do. Showing right from wrong and to not commit the same mistakes, you know? Its also about being creative and depicting images you may have in your head.
    ]

    Me too man. Its alot easier if you dont have a beat. I suck at freestyling, though. I need a lot of free time to write.

    Classic beats take up more time. And they sound alot better when you cover it if you use a similar rhyme pattern. As you saw, i did write a diss track, but it isn't that great. I'm not really good at the whole killin, murkin, type of thing.

    You are though. I liked those you put up

  8. #38
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Anyone else got some rhymes/poetry they want to share?

  9. #39
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    ]

    Me too man. Its alot easier if you dont have a beat. I suck at freestyling, though. I need a lot of free time to write.

    Classic beats take up more time. And they sound alot better when you cover it if you use a similar rhyme pattern. As you saw, i did write a diss track, but it isn't that great. I'm not really good at the whole killin, murkin, type of thing.

    You are though. I liked those you put up
    Thanks bro. Yo, you doing good too. Yea, freestyling is hard. But remember that the greatest emcees weren't good at freestyling. I think it has to do with being a perfectionist. I'm gonna see if I write rhymes to the sounds of "dead presidents" in the next week or so. I'll put it up on this thread once I'm done.

  10. #40
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Thanks bro. Yo, you doing good too. Yea, freestyling is hard. But remember that the greatest emcees weren't good at freestyling. I think it has to do with being a perfectionist. I'm gonna see if I write rhymes to the sounds of "dead presidents" in the next week or so. I'll put it up on this thread once I'm done.
    iight. im going to get some more done, maybe write a rap to no beat, then put it up here too.


    Some of the greatest Emcees were good at freestyling. Have you ever listened to that Jay-z Big L 7 minute freestyle?

  11. #41
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Right some were. But the upper echelon of MC's- Nas, Rakim, Tupac- weren't.


    Is that freestyle from the Bobbito show?

  12. #42
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    lmao MSG's are pretty good made me laugh a coupe times when comparing NBA players like Ron Artest hitting fans lol

  13. #43
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Someone please answer me this
    true of false
    you HAVE TO BE a good freestyler to be a success.

    i believe you don't have to be but some people just dont agree

  14. #44
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Someone please answer me this
    true of false
    you HAVE TO BE a good freestyler to be a success.

    i believe you don't have to be but some people just dont agree
    hey, i saw this the other day. it might better explain your freestyle question. check it out:



  15. #45
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    hey, i saw this the other day. it might better explain your freestyle question. check it out:


    I guess thats a yes. Great. I suck at freestyling

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 03, 2008, 18:21
  2. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  3. One of the few post ima post this season
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2008, 13:12
  4. Post Cry
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2005, 00:19
  5. 10,000th post
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2004, 17:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •