David Lee Goes Down in Knicks History!!!

Toons

is the Bo$$
well not as yet, but i thought the topic would bring u guys here.
This is the official DAVID LEE BREAKS WALT BELLAMY Consecutive DOUBLE DOUBLE RECORD.

these are the numbers

Walter Bellamy

35 double doubles

David Lee

can he surpass Jerry Lucas' previous franchise record of 22 consecutives DD's.??

Attachments

• bellamy.jpg
    bellamy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Quadruple Double-Double

What I really want to see is David Lee and Chris Wilcox both getting double-doubles (points, rebounds), Duhon (points, assists), and Thabeet (points, blocks) all for the Knicks in the same game.

dave2138

Rotation player
Thabeet? Do you mean like 6 years from now if figure Oklahoma or Sacramento pick Thabeet and can't afford to sign him long term. Thats not a bad idea, but its still way too early to tell. We have no idea what will happen before then.

I think Lee will get the record as long as his minutes stay in the 35+ range..shouldn't be a problem for him.

JayJ44

Starter
As long he doesn't get injured, he should definitely pass his record. It's actually pretty amazing how consistent he is.

trade lee immediately. dude only gets double doubles because we have no center, and our other power forward is really a small forward in harrington, jefferies weights 3 lbs, of course lee is going to get 12 rebounds a game, I bet you if lee was not on this team, al harrington would be getting 10 rebs a game. over rated.

we still suck. we still are a losing team. and lee is not the answer.

god, its gotten this bad over the yrs, that we are sweating a dude who has never performed on a winning nba team before.

trade lee immediately. dude only gets double doubles because we have no center, and our other power forward is really a small forward in harrington, jefferies weights 3 lbs, of course lee is going to get 12 rebounds a game, I bet you if lee was not on this team, al harrington would be getting 10 rebs a game. over rated.

god, its gotten this bad over the yrs, that we are sweating a dude who has never performed on a winning nba team before.
damn someone needs a hug

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

Exaggerated and unnecessary pessimism.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Have you even watched one of the ****ing games this year?

A high percentage of Lee's boards are tough gets.

He has the ambidexterity of Bruce Lee as well.

Those of us with our eyes open know full well that his efforts are the ****ing flux capacitor of the Knicks quasi-success this year.

Other players have had their stints throughout slumps and inconsistencies, but Dave Lee has done his job better than anyone on the team on a nightly basis.

His stats are inflated it's true, but to say he's over-rated isn't fair because it's his effort that gets the job done.
photos;_ylt=AqAyPGreIAhkiB16Fp408XUyPaB4

ok ok ok , ill give you that not over rated, but this whole WE NEED TO KEEP HIM BLAH BLAH BLAH CRAP has got to stop, let the dude lead us into the playoffs, and put up big numbers in big big games, and then we will talk. so far against elite big men, he gets shi*ted on left and right. Duncan scored like 6 buckets in a row down the stretch, nene dunked all over him against the nuggets, you go down the line of elite big men, and lee gets out played every time...yea he will grab 13-14 rebounds in some good games, but the next highest rebounder on the team will get like 6, and then thats it. lets just say the knicks get out rebounded consistently, which says it all. Top tier big money big men in this league on winning teams, do not let the other team own the paint, and do not let their team get out rebounded on a regular basis. end of story. dude is a roll player, playing star minutes on a bad basketball team.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
ok ok ok , ill give you that not over rated, but this whole WE NEED TO KEEP HIM BLAH BLAH BLAH CRAP has got to stop, let the dude lead us into the playoffs, and put up big numbers in big big games, and then we will talk. so far against elite big men, he gets shi*ted on left and right. Duncan scored like 6 buckets in a row down the stretch, nene dunked all over him against the nuggets, you go down the line of elite big men, and lee gets out played every time...yea he will grab 13-14 rebounds in some good games, but the next highest rebounder on the team will get like 6, and then thats it. lets just say the knicks get out rebounded consistently, which says it all. Top tier big money big men in this league on winning teams, do not let the other team own the paint, and do not let their team get out rebounded on a regular basis. end of story. dude is a roll player, playing star minutes on a bad basketball team.

Damn you have got to be kidding? How many games have you watched this year.If you have watched all of them then you sure are not watching the games close.Lee works his butt off every single game and he plays like a beast out there every single game.Yes his defense needs to improve but he still has held his own going up againist center after center and out playing them most of the time.

The rebounds that he gets is HARD rebounds for anybody else.He can get to the basket at will and score at any given time if given the ball.If you don't want a guy like Lee on the Knicks then I have to question if you are a real Knick fan.If you don't want Lee then you might as well get rid of everybody else on that team.Lee and Nate are the heart and soul of this team and I have a feeling it is going to stay that way for a very long time.

Toons

is the Bo$$
wow....this is not a david lee hate em or love em thread.
this is not the trade david lee thread.
this is not a "should we keep lee or trade him" thread

we have a few of those already. This thread is for the record....and as of last game, he is one double double closer to the record. and this thread is to monitor his dd's.

btw, u raised good points about centers owning him, but most pf's in the leage get outplayed by lee night in and night out. U say nene dunked on him, and TIM DUNCAN (a future hall of famer) scored on lee 6 times down the stretch? name a pf in the leage that can sop duncan when he's on. Thats like saying hughes is a bad defender because lebron scores 50 on him. Some shots cannot be defended....they just depend on the shooter.

how many rebounds did troy murphy have against him last night, and other than a silly travel turning down a wide open jumper almost scored on him to win the game last night. I love LEE, I dont hate lee, I know my words sound like I hate him, I want to keep him as well. I just really hope to god, that they dont keep him over nate robinson, who by next year will be a top 20 player in this league.

metrocard

Legend
Keep Lee not just for his rebounds...his outlet passing from one end of the court to the other is very vital for us.

Plus he has a good jumpshot now, and shoots better than most big men (80% FT shooter)

He averages 60% FG which is really efficienct.

and 15 ppg...not bad.

Defensively, he's not terrible, but he's just not effective (doesn't have the explosiveness to block shots or the quick feet to stay infront of his man.)

But he can't get any worse.
They will be improvement.

Keep Lee for 7-8 million.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree Lee is still getting better and his shot has improved with every game. He helps us on the boards and is great down low in the paint, he's an important piece for this team now and in the future.

dave2138

Rotation player
6-8 sounds about right..with the salary cap decreasing a few mil so will player contracts. Instead of 8-10 what everyone expects..he'll probably get only 6-8. Same with Robinson.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Someone will offer him the 10 so we would have to match. Anyway, this guy is awesome!! He is known as the double-double machine, enuff said!!