Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: it's a tragic day in knicks history

Default it's a tragic day in knicks history

i shouldnt even be buggin like this, i mean it aint my fault sports pros are so terrible

did walsh and dantoni not review larry hughes career stats? and if they did, why let him play so many minutes???

i mean WHY NOT TELL HIM "look we want you to play defense and ONLY take open MIDRANGE shots or easy open drives to the basket!!"

why couldnt coaches do that? if he acts up bench him WTF these guys are getting paid millions, they already got the job so this whole ego thing is BS

THESE GUYS BENCHED GALLINARI FOR THE WHOLE GAME TO SEE WAT HUGHES CAN OFFER!!!! as if we dont know!!! whats the point!!!

and on top of that gallo has a better dribble AND shot than hughes...just when gallo starts developing(already 6ppg on 45% and 41%3pt) some as5hole(27%3pt WOW) comes in and trumps the progress

honestly i like dantoni's playbook and the type of shots the knicks get off now, i mean they actually know what theyre doing on offense for the first time in years, but they make TOO MANY subbing mistakes

they couldve EASILY won this game if they just went with the previous game's rotation

i mean the ROOSTER EVEN LAID THE SHAMGOD on some power forward last game, i wanna see **** like that, u know cool basketball stuff

not some overrated guard with too much privilege who dribbles like a power forward and shoots like a center iunno how them other teams let him EVEN START and try to get the stats he has, he'd even suck on a college team right now.....really he has NOTHING to offer!

honestly his defense is overrated, as shown in todays game, im sure robinson and gallo can make up for a few pass interceptions

sad day in knicks history

So after one game, (Hughes first in over a month), you start spazzing out and blaming todays loss on Hughes? We would have lost either way. The Raptors were embarassed with their loss on Friday, and it's nearly impossible to win both games on a back to back against the same team. How are the new guys supposed to learn how to play with the team (and get in basketball shape) if they don't play? He didn't even play that much. He played 15 minutes, didn't really make much of a difference. Stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

u need to take it easy. they practiced once together so naturally chemistry is off. and like he said above he played 15 minutes

we should be more worried about Chandler, how do you go from a career high 32 to 2 points today?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

easy he wasn't getting the ball, only took 6 shots he should be more involved on offense

...they only played one game together so it's natural for chemistry to be off, so lets give em some time.

Larry Hughes hasnt played in a month so obviously his shot is off. Its like when we aquired Al Harrington. he didnt play in like 3 weeks and it took him about a week to adjust

We really lost this game because only one guy shot an efficient percentage, for double figures: Harrington, with 13-21, for 33 points. Everyone else shot poorly, which, coupled with the fact that our defense was weak: lots of guys were left open, or allowed to drive to the hole, led to our defeat.

I agree, though, with your assessment on Hughes, who has a long history of being a selfish, poor shooter. I don't care how long he's been out, he has sucked, for years, and will continue to suck.

As for Gallinari, he hasn't proven himself. And I would not mind him playing, if teams did not successfully exploit his weak D, whenever he has been on the floor.

it's 100% true- WHY NOT TELL HIM "look we want you to play defense and ONLY take open MIDRANGE shots or easy open drives to the basket!!"

totally unnecessary thread.

Is Hughes part of the Knicks long term plans? No
    Are the Knicks in going to win a championship this season or next? No

This is just a pit stop for him and everyone knows this. He probably won't even have his things sent to NYC.

Chill the hell out

close thread, this is disrespectful.. never dis walsh or d'antoni

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by Starks
    totally unnecessary thread.

Is Hughes part of the Knicks long term plans? No
    Are the Knicks in going to win a championship this season or next? No

This is just a pit stop for him and everyone knows this. He probably won't even have his things sent to NYC.

Chill the hell out
    word, he's just here to make us more competitive in the short-term come the 2010-2011 season he's gone.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    close thread, this is disrespectful.. never dis walsh or d'antoni

Next...

Every time someone opens a thread that they don't like, here come jpz and starks, calling for threads to be closed. There are tons of bad threads, including some of yours, at least this one has some value to it, unlike threads that ask, "is David Lee the new Ewing?" or some other retarded question.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Every time someone opens a thread that they don't like, here come jpz and starks, calling for threads to be closed. There are tons of bad threads, including some of yours, at least this one has some value to it, unlike threads that ask, "is David Lee the new Ewing?" or some other retarded question.
    sorry, this thread has no value.

And for the record, I'm not one to post useless childish threads that look like they came from a lonley 8th grader thats been locked in the basement for most of childhood..... that job's been taken over by ton of others on here. = )

Chill out yo. Its just one game. And hughes hasn't played ina month.