Cheikh Samb a Knick?

Is Cheikh Samb worth a shot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
At the end of this article, Isola says Knicks were impressed by Cheikh Samb yesterday and may offer him a 10day deal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nate_robinson_wills_knicks_to_victory_th.html

DLeague Player Profile:
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=cheikh_samb

Wiki Page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheikh_Samb

IMO, his size and shotblocking ability deserve a tryout. Maybe DAntoni can get him to fill that need efficiently without messing up the offense.

Missing link? He'll be lucky to get any minutes. But, I do wanna see him in there with the first unit to see if we finally get some defense.

KBlack25

Starter
Couldn't hurt, in the long run, to get some size on the bench. As long as there's a roster spot open I don't have a problem with it.

CoolClyde

Samba time

7'1" shot-blocker from Senegal. Sounds like fun...
CheikhSamb_Senegal.jpg

everybody Samba!

johnstarky

Rotation player
No, because of the fact that Brandon Roy dunked on him.As bad as the Knick defense was in the final seconds of that Portland game, they never allowed Brandon Roy to get a game winning dunk.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
cool, he's worth a shot. He's tall (7'1) and has great shot blocking ability its nice to have someone come in and block shots for a change. Who knows he could work out for us.

portega1968

El Cacique
No, because of the fact that Brandon Roy dunked on him.As bad as the Knick defense was in the final seconds of that Portland game, they never allowed Brandon Roy to get a game winning dunk.

jajajja, now thats what I call seeing the glass half full homey.

The Knicks didnt allow a dunk in that final play versus Portland last week, but allowing that layup was just as bad... I dont see the difference.

Who would base a signing decision on one play? I mean, the play happened a month ago and he tried out yesterday.

Maybe if we had him on that last play versus Portland, Brandon Roy wouldve gotten stuffed for a change.

Anyways, maybe he's not gonna be signed... Isola may be wrong and theyll go for another DLeaguer.

If we waive Marbury and have three spots, I say bring in Samb, Big Fella Jr. and Conroy.

pat

Starter
I voted "waste of roster space" but then I saw that he is from Senegal which made me change my mind. ;) Just joking. I don't think that he is the center we need for this system.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Cheikh Samb worth a shot until we get Thabeet

Why not use one of our roster spots for a shot blocking prospect like Samb?

You realize that after March 2nd, we can release Starbury and have four open roster spots (we currently have three).

That means Samb and Pat Ewing Jr and a point guard project and something else.

Red

TYPE-A
D'Antoni said anyone they sign from the D league isn't going in his rotation. Their only doing it for bodies on the practice squad.

So who cares?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Samb seems like a reasonable pick-up. Knicks need more size (no homo), so we can get it from acquiring samb.

I'm hearing Pat Ewing jr. might not be coming to NY because we're loaded with so many sg/sf type of players, so adding another would be a waste.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
maybe we sign him he can talk about telifision channel food network with edy cury on bench

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Why not give him a shot? Adding some more size would definitely be beneficial to us... Especially if he can be somewhat of a shot blocker... Mine as well Give him a chance