Brandon Jacobs gets 4-years 25 Million deal

th3realicon

Rotation player
Less than two weeks after putting a franchise tag on him, the New York Giants signed bruising halfback Brandon Jacobs to a four-year, $25 million contract on Wednesday.
JAC705688.jpg
Brandon Jacobs, RB
New York Giants

2008 Statistics
Carries: 219
Yards: 1,089
Touchdowns: 15

The signing came less than two days before the start of the NFL free-agency period.
"I was confident all along that this was going to get done. I didn't panic one bit," Jacobs said in a statement released by the team. "I know the reason we did it the way we did; I knew I was going to be here. I was super-confident, and I am here. I'm happy about it."
The deal includes $13 million in guarantees. Jacobs will earn $15 million over the first two years.
Putting a franchise tag on Jacobs earlier this month guaranteed him a $6.6 million salary next season.
The 264-pound mainstay of the Giants' running attack the past two seasons, Jacobs signed the deal on Wednesday after the two sides hammered out the agreement over the past week.
"This team is full of young talent," Jacobs said. "We brought some great talent in here the last two years, and those guys are still learning and getting better. Our offensive line is great and will continue to be great. There are a lot of young guys on our team that are still playing great, great football. I'm looking for big things out of our football team next year."

:beer: Earth stays put. :beer:
Best fvcking move we could ever make.

TunerAddict

Starter
Giants really could follow in the Pats footsteps because of the talent they have now. Real possibility for a dynasty and 2-3 more SBs in the next decade.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Staying Healthy is the Key... The Giants are in a golden age of Football. Playoffs since 05. A superbowl Championship. If they stay healthy, I totally agree Dynasty... Yeah... Also great move on bringing in Boley.