Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Jared Jeffries

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You cannot be serious.

Who on the Knicks is better than Al Harrington?

It's sad that the Knicks have a role player like Harrington as their star, but he's still their best player. He's the best scorer on the team, and he shoots at a high accuracy. Nate Robinson comes at a close second.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Actually, Al Harrington didn't struggle much when he came here.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=308

In his second game here, he had 25 points, next game he got 36.

Thank You. I guess datruth's theory about Larry Hughes was wrong.

I rest my case.

act_larry_hughes.jpg
mickey_mouse.jpg

Larry Hughes = Mickey Mouse

I rest my case. I'm a mathematical scholar!

smokes

Huge Member
Who on the Knicks is better than Al Harrington?

It's sad that the Knicks have a role player like Harrington as their star, but he's still their best player. He's the best scorer on the team, and he shoots at a high accuracy. Nate Robinson comes at a close second.

There's a guy called David Lee, dunno if you've heard of him, leads the league in double-doubles and stuff.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
There's a guy called David Lee, dunno if you've heard of him, leads the league in double-doubles and stuff.

David Lee = Great White hope

He's not the best player on the Knicks. Using your logic, Zach Randolph was the best player on the Knicks, in the 2007-2008 season. He led the Knicks in Double Doubles that year.

David Lee is having all of these "double doubles", because nobody else on the Knick front court can rebound.

Who's going to compete with Lee for rebounds?

Jared Jeffries? Quentin Richardson? Danilo Gallinari?

David Lee has no moves. All he has is a lay up and dunk, off a pick and roll. His jump shot is much improved, but even his jump shot can be stopped, with defense.

David Lee is good, but calm down. He never has been and never will be a franchise player.

Al Harrington isn't a true franchise player either, but that's the role he's playing with the Knicks this year.

smokes

Huge Member

He's not the best player on the Knicks. Using your logic, Zach Randolph was the best player on the Knicks, in the 2007-2008 season. He led the Knicks in Double Doubles that year.

David Lee is having all of these "double doubles", because nobody else on the Knick front court can rebound.

Who's going to compete with Lee for rebounds?

Jared Jeffries? Quentin Richardson? Danilo Gallinari?

No, Zach Randolph led the Knicks, not the league. Al Harrington is our best scorer yes, but not our best player. How many players could replace Al? Many. How many could replace Lee? Not so many.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
No, Zach Randolph led the Knicks, not the league. Al Harrington is our best scorer yes, but not our best player. How many players could replace Al? Many. How many could replace Lee? Not so many.

LMAO Your post is very humorous.

I can name 30 power forwards and centers in the NBA that are better than David Lee.

Like I said, Lee's a good player, but he's not the best player on the team.

smokes

Huge Member
LMAO Your post is very humorous.

I can name 30 power forwards and centers in the NBA that are better than David Lee.

Like I said, Lee's a good player, but he's not the best player on the team.

I'm sure loads of GM's were looking to add Al Harrington and his 25 dollar shoes to their team in the trade window right?

David Lee could have been an All-star this year, so I really doubt you can name 30 better big-men, but feel free to try. 20 PPG is nothing special for a go-to guy.

Even Nate shoots the same % and close to the same PPG as Al in less minutes.

Al is decent, don't get me wrong, but I think most teams would prefer Lee over him.

Akamu

The King
Who voted for Q-Snitch and J-Fries? Hughes isn't great but those 2 are no better by any means.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm sure loads of GM's were looking to add Al Harrington and his 25 dollar shoes to their team in the trade window right?

David Lee could have been an All-star this year, so I really doubt you can name 30 better big-men, but feel free to try. 20 PPG is nothing special for a go-to guy.

Even Nate shoots the same % and close to the same PPG as Al in less minutes.

Al is decent, don't get me wrong, but I think most teams would prefer Lee over him.

David Lee an All Star? lmao

David Lee plays no defense, and he has limited offensive moves.

You need to stop looking at the boxscore, and pay attention to the basketball games.

Lee's numbers are inflated. On 90% of the other teams in the NBA, Lee would be averaging 10 points and 9 rebounds.

Lee's 11 rebounds comes from Jeffries woeful 4 rebounds and Quentin Richardson's rebounds per game.

Lee's 16 points comes from Jeffries' woeful 4 points per game,
Q's 10 points on 37% shooting, and Chris Duhon's inability to finish at the basket, which forces Duhon to use pick and roll plays to set up Lee.

Last edited:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea I agree for the most part. Dlee is a great player, hustles harder then anyone, but he can get these double doubles with out having much of an impact on the game. a bunch of his rbs prob come from uncontested shots and are between knicks, and it seems like he has like 8 pts right off the bat of games because we don't have anyone else to go to under the basket...i'd like to see how he plays with a bigger shotblock type player, but Dlee himself will never be able to take on even relatively big big men, like the dude from 76ers last night, we couldn't do anything bout him....i think Dlee could adapt to any team he plays on, and get his 10-12 pts, but it just seems like he does it with out much of a presence sometimes..don't think i've ever seen him block a shot, though he does hustle every time up down the court..his mid range jumper is usually money too, but he's not good enough right now to take over a game

smokes

Huge Member
David Lee an All Star? lmao

David Lee plays no defense, and he has limited offensive moves.

You need to stop looking at the boxscore, and pay attention to the basketball games.

Lee's numbers are inflated. On 90% of the other teams in the NBA, Lee would be averaging 10 points and 9 rebounds.

Lee's 11 rebounds comes from Jeffries woeful 4 rebounds and Quentin Richardson's rebounds per game.

Lee's 16 points comes from Jeffries' woeful 4 points per game,
Q's 10 points on 37% shooting, and Chris Duhon's inability to finish at the basket, which forces Duhon to use pick and roll plays to set up Lee.

As your so good at predicting the outcome of any situation, do tell me how many points would Al Harrington be putting up when he's not the main scorer on a team, or in a different system?

You can argue the system/poor teammates shit all you want, but Harrington plays in the same system with the same teammates so your arguments are useless. It worked when comparing him in trade discussions but not when you compare two players on the same team.

By no means am I a David Lee fan, I'm not really a fan of any one player on our team, they are all role players at best, useless sacks of shit at worst, but the best role player is Lee, not Harrington.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
David Lee's good, he could have made the all-star team, if the Knicks were winning, whilst he played at this level. However, there is a possibility that his numbers are being inflated by the weak frontcourt that he's playing on, one which creates such a vacuum that it might be that it's only for it that he's snatching down all of these rebounds and scoring at such a high clip.

That said, I would definitely like the Knicks to keep him, as a part of a squad that would consist of Lee, a good big man, and a good SG: too bad Craw's gone: with a lesser role, where there's not as much pressure on him, he would definitely have spread the floor, as a third or fourth option. I do like Harrington, though, so both, together, would have been ideal. Cutino Mobley would also have filled the SG need nicely. Also, even as things are right now, I think things would have been a lot better, if we had drafted Brook Lopez, something I've preached about since draft night.

Bottom line, for me, is that Lee is definitely good, and, if we were winning, he'd definitely deserve all-star consideration. My issue with his game is that he doesn't put up true impact, or clutch, points, he's very fiery, which I like, but he's not aggressive on D. Even though he's not a shotblocker, he should be willing to put someone down, like Oakley used to, if they think they're going to waltz into our paint area. He also lacks any real post moves, which is disconcerting.

On Hughes, I've watched him, for quite a while, and he's really a poor shooter: can't score in bunches, puts up a lot of bricks, just to get one shot in, a bad decision maker: if given respect and praise, he'll start coming down and just putting up shots, without making a pass, and his bones are made of glass. He's been on six different teams for a reason. He has a website asking him to stop shooting so poorly for a reason. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and start playing the best ball of his career, but I highly doubt it.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
David Lee's good, he could have made the all-star team, if the Knicks were winning, whilst he played at this level. However, there is a possibility that his numbers are being inflated by the weak frontcourt that he's playing on, one which creates such a vacuum that it might be that it's only for it that he's snatching down all of these rebounds and scoring at such a high clip.

That said, I would definitely like the Knicks to keep him, as a part of a squad that would consist of Lee, a good big man, and a good SG: too bad Craw's gone: with a lesser role, where there's not as much pressure on him, he would definitely have spread the floor, as a third or fourth option. I do like Harrington, though, so both, together, would have been ideal. Cutino Mobley would also have filled the SG need nicely. Also, even as things are right now, I think things would have been a lot better, if we had drafted Brook Lopez, something I've preached about since draft night.

Bottom line, for me, is that Lee is definitely good, and, if we were winning, he'd definitely deserve all-star consideration. My issue with his game is that he doesn't put up true impact, or clutch, points, he's very fiery, which I like, but he's not aggressive on D. Even though he's not a shotblocker, he should be willing to put someone down, like Oakley used to, if they think they're going to waltz into our paint area. He also lacks any real post moves, which is disconcerting.

On Hughes, I've watched him, for quite a while, and he's really a poor shooter: can't score in bunches, puts up a lot of bricks, just to get one shot in, a bad decision maker: if given respect and praise, he'll start coming down and just putting up shots, without making a pass, and his bones are made of glass. He's been on six different teams for a reason. He has a website asking him to stop shooting so poorly for a reason. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and start playing the best ball of his career, but I highly doubt it.

One hell of a post man. +Rep for you. Hughes is a bad decision maker. When i saw what his statlines used to be, i wondered why coaches even played him so much. Hes shooting % is way low. 30% from three? Come on! Q-Rich does better. Crawford does better. End of story. Just when we got rid of a chucker, we get another.

paris401

Starter

David Lee has no moves. All he has is a lay up and dunk, off a pick and roll. His jump shot is much improved, but even his jump shot can be stopped, with defense.
David Lee is good, but calm down. He never has been and never will be a franchise player.

i agree 'great white hope', nice player, and agree with all your other points...
EXCEPT... 'his jump shot is much improved'

well i guess if he goes from a 4' to a 5 ' he is 25% improved... but he still can't hit the broad-side of a barn..

franchise player.. not in this life... on a real team, he is at best the 7th man, more likely the 8th man...

and i do give him kudos for his hustle, nose for the ball... but he has no "D" , is sloooow, and no "O" 3 feet from the rim...

smokes

Huge Member
i agree 'great white hope', nice player, and agree with all your other points...
EXCEPT... 'his jump shot is much improved'

well i guess if he goes from a 4' to a 5 ' he is 25% improved... but he still can't hit the broad-side of a barn..

franchise player.. not in this life... on a real team, he is at best the 7th man, more likely the 8th man...

and i do give him kudos for his hustle, nose for the ball... but he has no "D" , is sloooow, and no "O" 3 feet from the rim...

I love the way you guys all put words in each others mouths and then argue with yourselves...

I never said he was a franchise player. Ever. I said he was better than Harrington.

paris401

Starter
I love the way you guys all put words in each others mouths and then argue with yourselves...

I never said he was a franchise player. Ever. I said he was better than Harrington.

i quoted 'abcd' post, do not see where i mentioned your post

(??)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

You seriously need to stop backpedaling.

You said that David Lee was the best player on the Knicks, because he leads the team in double doubles.

Best player on a team=franchise player

It's the same thing.

Franchise player doesn't mean you're Kobe or Wade.

All franchise player means is that you're the best player on a particular team also known as "franchise."

There's players who have led horrible teams. They're still the franchise player.

For ex: Kevin Martin is the franchise player of the Kings. Why? Because he's their best player. But the team still sucks.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Thank You. I guess datruth's theory about Larry Hughes was wrong.

I rest my case.

act_larry_hughes.jpg
mickey_mouse.jpg

Larry Hughes = Mickey Mouse

I rest my case. I'm a mathematical scholar!

look at his stat sheet a lil bit after he arrived, 12/15 - 1/10