8 44.44%
  • Larry Hughes

9 50.00%
  • Jared Jeffries

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Game Thread 2/27/09

Anyone else watchin the Celtics game?

for the people who talk **** about larry i told ya just give him some time he got d and he could shoot

Hughes has been playing well, but it's only one game. Let's see if he finally got his legs under him, or is just having a good shooting night a la Crawful.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I wish I could, but I don't have league pass.

How's Starbury doing?

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I wish I could, but I don't have league pass.

How's Starbury doing?
    So far 2 points and 2 turnovers in 5 minutes...he didnt look too bad (no homo) considering he hasnt played in over a year, but thats only based off of the 5 minutes that he played. He didnt look tired when he went to the bench but his timing was noticeably off, as would any professional basketball players be after not playing for so long.

So far 2 points and 2 turnovers in 5 minutes...he didnt look too bad (no homo) considering he hasnt played in over a year, but thats only based off of the 5 minutes that he played. He didnt look tired when he went to the bench but his timing was noticeably off, as would any professional basketball players be after not playing for so long.
    Yeah, that makes sense. It'll be back within a couple games. He keeps himself in great shape, running in the hills in LA. He said he's 199 pounds in an interview, mostly muscle. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting instead of Rondo by April.

Originally Posted by knicksfancris
    for the people who talk **** about larry i told ya just give him some time he got d and he could shoot
    It's one game. This guy sucks, trust me. This is why the Bulls wanted to move him and stopped playing him. If he was any good, do you think the Bulls would have benched him? Look at the Cavs. If he was good, would they have dumped him on the Bulls?

If you watch basketball, not just one or two games, but regularly, and all around the league, you'd know he sucks. He's always been able to have a few good games a year, but he's not consistently good.

DUHON IS AWFUL! at least these last few games, absoultely awful. what a terrible game it was for the Knicks. get what 11 pts in first quarter. Duhon turned the ball over just bout everytime he touched it. battle back and then fall 8 pts short. hard to watch tonight....this is why we need a star player.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    It's one game. This guy sucks, trust me. This is why the Bulls wanted to move him and stopped playing him. If he was any good, do you think the Bulls would have benched him? Look at the Cavs. If he was good, would they have dumped him on the Bulls?

If you watch basketball, not just one or two games, but regularly, and all around the league, you'd know he sucks. He's always been able to have a few good games a year, but he's not consistently good.
    hughes doesnt suck, he's a solid player, he was just in the wrong systems, he's not a robin to a batman, and he not a half court player... and by the way, duhon is so f*cking predictable, dude is so trash

As others said, I'm sick of Duhon. Dude dribbles the ball for 20 seconds, either causes a turnover or takes a shot that has no chance of going in. His passes suck, and usually gets picked off. His defense is overrated.

We played like crap most of the game. We (mainly Hughes) got hot from 3 in the 3rd quarter, and got back in the game. But we couldn't get any stops when we needed them. Our playoff hopes are on life support.

Veteran

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan

Larry Hughes talents need to be refined by Allan Houston coaching and training.
    Hughes is a weapon on the defensive end of the court....offensively....he is not a consistent scorer u let win or lose the game for any team.

This was a sorry Knick Loss to Philly 76ers....Larry Hughes 25 points was not for the win...

No, I'm a Knicks fan.

Originally Posted by knicksfancris
    yea exactly. How are you gonna judge a guy after not playing 4 a month? Hughes is a solid player and IMO, his defense isnt overated. this guy got 4 steals and a block. he's a good defender

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    No, I'm a Knicks fan.
    Stephon Starbury Marbury had 8 points and 2 assists, in just 12 minutes of action, against the Pacers.

Datruth, stop fronting. You know Mickey Mouse Hughes sucks. He's 1-3 so far. He's had 3 bad games and 1 good game. His game has Quentin Richardson written all over it.

Larry Hughes=Mickey Mouse

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

what a ****ty loss, we couldn't get a shot off for the first 2 mins of the game, and ultimately the first quarter is what killed us, it's obvious were missing a leader and a go-to-player. hopefully we draft one this summer cause were really lacking in that category.

and Marbs played well 8 points in 12 mins is something.