Patrick Ewing Wants to be Head Coach Next Season

Scribbles

Rotation player
Ewing eyes top job

Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing, whose contract expires at the end of the season, said he has his sights set on getting an interview for a head coaching job this offseason.

The field may never be more fertile for him. There have been eight coaching changes in the NBA this season.

"Sure, I'd want that very much," said Ewing, who returns tonight to New York, where he became an NBA legend as a player. "Of course, I would love to get into a great situation, but a job is a job. We'll see what happens."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sportsmnotes25022509feb25,0,2950482.story

Good for Pat. The NBA needs more defensive minded gurus like Pat. I'm getting kind of weary of these fastbreak offenses that every team is now imitating.

I miss the old intimidating defensive pressures and physical aggressive plays that made you go "OHHHH!."

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea the knicks of the 90's would rape this years knicks in the ass, thats how good we were defensively i really hope we could go back to those days.

TunerAddict

Starter
I dunno if he'll be a good coach. It is usually hard for the great players to transition over because what was so easy for them is so hard for the rest of the league.

As great as a player as he was, I don't see him being a great coach.

JayJ44

Starter
I think Ewing would make an excellent coach. Look what he's done with Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. Maybe he could try the Raptors. He could coach another developing big man in Bosh, and maybe he could get them to play defense.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I think Ewing would make an excellent coach. Look what he's done with Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. Maybe he could try the Raptors. He could coach another developing big man in Bosh, and maybe he could get them to play defense.

Enough said. Toronto's an ok job. If he really wanted to develop a big man, he would go to a team with a defense that is already great. Philly isn't a bad option, Sam Dalembert with around 15ppg would kill. He could help him with the offense.

But if doesn't get a head coaching job, i hope NY has their arms wide open:afro:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ewing sr. is waiting for ewing jr. to sign with the knicks first. So the faster we get lil' pat then the faster we will get big pat.