Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duhon = bad? No suprise here

Hybrid View

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Duhon = bad? No suprise here

You guys shouldn't be surprise here.
    Duhon has never be a quality PG.
    Not on the level to start and lead a quality NBA team.
    Never been, never will be.

He's slow Howard Eisley with overrated D.

His handles?
    Below average.

His speed/quickness/agility to move from the perimeter to the hoop?
    Eric Snow-like

Passing ability?
    Limited

Scoring creativity?
    Jamison Brewer is superior here.

Duhon is LAME, always will be.

Look at Steve Nash.

NOT A BEAST, very good PG, one of the best...but look how inflated his numbers were under D'Antoni. D'Antoni is good at deflating his players stats.

Duhon at best can give this team 10 ppg and 7 assist, nothing more.
    Its no surprise he's declining now...declining back to the level he is.

Guys like Sessions, Arroyo, Augustin...etc, ball handlers who can score too and rank up assist would average Steve Nash type numbers in this system.

We need a QUICK.
    CREATIVE
    UNLIMITED
    BALL HANDLING
    EFFICIENT PASSING
    YOUNG
    DEFENSIVE
    STARTING QUALITY
    ALL STAR POTENTIAL

POINT GUARD>

Simply.

D'Antoni had NO REASON to not play Marbury this season.

Marbury is superior in everyway possible.
    This team isn't that good with Duhon and can't be better than they would of been with Steph.

What a complete fail...**** D'Antoni and Walsh for now..till they find a new PG.

Can't believe we passed on D.J. Augustin and Brook Lopez.

We're so lame.

I agree with everything you said...Duhon is a solid backup but nothing more. After Rajon Rondo, Duhon is the most overrated point guard in the league. The only people that give Duhon credit is Marbury haters, which there is alot of.

I dont think i could name 5 starting point guards that are worse then Duhon.

Listen Marbury is gone. Get over it.

You can either be Knicks fans at this point or not.

Chris Duhon has surpassed expectations by milestones this season and has performed amazing on the basketball court.

He's just in a funk right now, not to mention the guy averages an insane amount of MPG. It's starting to take a toll on him only because he's not used to that much playing time.

He has played with poise and is by far the most unselfish player on the squad. He is playing a true PG right now.

Even with all of the major shifts in trades and whatnot, he's still finding ways to get his players gelling in a matter of games. Most PGs take seasons to get that down.

Don't Hate Duhon.

Duhon is our MVP!

Originally Posted by Scribbles

Chris Duhon has surpassed expectations by milestones this season and has performed amazing on the basketball court.

He's just in a funk right now, not to mention the guy averages an insane amount of MPG. It's starting to take a toll on him only because he's not used to that much playing time.

He has played with poise and is by far the most unselfish player on the squad. He is playing a true PG right now.

Even with all of the major shifts in trades and whatnot, he's still finding ways to get his players gelling in a matter of games. Most PGs take seasons to get that down.

Don't Hate Duhon.

Duhon is our MVP!
    I almost laughed up my dinner after reading this post, very funny

12th man

Negro, we know Marbury is gone, we're over it. Now we're discussing the outcome.

We will always be Knick fans, what about you? Who are you question me or MSG? I'm just having a discussion...if you want to take low blows...then I see how it is.

Did you even read my post?
    Duhon has falsely surpassed expectations.

Any PG in D'Antoni's system will have better stats.

You need to watch the game and realize Duhon is the same player with more playing time and more in an up tempo system.

Bulls are the anti D'Antoni.

Honestly, 10 ppg and 7 assist isn't that good in a system where the ball is always being pushed.

Duhon is not good at pushing the ball, its pretty simple to understand that. He lacks the quickness and every other attribute that would make him elite at that.

Duhon in a funk?

WRONG.

Duhon is Duhon.
    The Duhon you saw play today against Philadephia is the Duhon the NBA knows, the fans know. Only blind people like you are easily fooled by D'Antoni's system.

Your arguement sounds similar to the same arguement people use to give Eddy Curry. Look at where Eddy Curry ended up.

Inflated stats don't mean shi.

Players like Duhon don't deserve starting minutes. Why?

Because they're not starters.

They're not that good.

They were never that good.

They will never be that good.

Its simple to understand, even for someone like you.

Playing with POISE?

How many times have we seen Duhon dribble to the middle of no where and cause a lost ball or try to lay it up with 3 defenders around him?

How many times we've witness Duhon unable to beat his man off the dribble?

Hw many times have we've seen Duhon's limited ability get in the way of the optimization of the Knicks offense?

Beyond a lot.

Duhon being our "MVP" shows how terrible this team is constructed.

He got ruined by Andre Miller again tonight. He's turned out to be a vegetable I think. Back up pg at best. I'd love to see a stud pg have run this team this year. Sessions or Stuckey or someone of the likes.

I gave Duhon his props when he came in and initially played well. He got his records & top 5 in dimes, but he's proved as reliable as his predecessor Stephony. He's been owned so many times in games it's stupid & his turnovers are escalating. He has the ball skills of Benoit Benjamin (throwback).

I've seen enough.

I think it's time to punt another failed point man.

Why can't we just get a good point guard with a ****ing brain?

We should have gone for Alston. He at least would have added some flare to a seemingly doomed playoff effort.

Marbury finished tonights game with a -7 net point value to the celtics.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Scribbles

Don't Hate Duhon.

Duhon is our MVP!

Duhon is our MVP?...............

Wow now thats the dumbest sht I have EVER heard!!

12th man

Moral of Knicksonline.
    Never debate against metrocard.

You may not think I'm right at the moment, but with time into the future, you'll just end up looking like a dumbass.

i dont know what happen to duhon.

he started the season off so well but hes turned into as turnover machine as of late. his jump shot is erratic and he consistently tries to force feed the ball. he definitely isnt our answer at pg

I have to say this, while duhon looks to be getting exploited recently, I partially blame it on the fake D LEE mr over rated is his only real option off the pick and roll. lee gets his shot swatted left and right, DUhon isnt that bad, but he isnt that great, I blame LEE And his piss poor defense on the reason we lose so many games, before I blame duhon. GET RID OF LEE

He was stucked on the bench in Chicago for a reason. He dosn't have what it takes to be a starter. Give me Raymond Felton. He would be perfect for the Knicks. He was schooled by Roy Williams who play an uptempo game. Duhon was schooled by Coach K who have great college kids but they suck at the next level

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    I have to say this, while duhon looks to be getting exploited recently, I partially blame it on the fake D LEE mr over rated is his only real option off the pick and roll. lee gets his shot swatted left and right, DUhon isnt that bad, but he isnt that great, I blame LEE And his piss poor defense on the reason we lose so many games, before I blame duhon. GET RID OF LEE
    get off this site, we wouldn't be anywhere right now without him, screw Nate Lee is thew best player on the team hands down

Maybe its the snow storm coming, but some of you people are crazy.

Duhon was not signed to be an ALL STAR. He was signed to be a two-year stop gap at the point gaurd position. Hes had a bad few games (that play last night was Lee's fault) but he's also played the most minutes on the team. Duhon has played good and done his job. Its not like hes making a ton of money or that he's the long term soultion so again you people need to chill.

Its weird how as soon as Marbury comes back all the stupid internet fights and stupid threads reappear. Like i said in an earlier thread everybody got all fired up about maybe making the 8th seed and now that we hit a bad spell everybody is getting emotional.

Duhon is here he remainder of this season and next. And if he comes back after this next season itll be at a small cost and most likely as a backup. Is Chris Duhon really are biggest problem people?

Lee and Nate play zero defense. Nate has bad shot selection on alot of nights but because they are our home grown players we let it slide and don't harp on those mistakes. We have no superstars on this team. We actually have no second option players on this team. So the fact we are competing should be commended.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Maybe its the snow storm coming, but some of you people are crazy.

Duhon was not signed to be an ALL STAR. He was signed to be a two-year stop gap at the point gaurd position. Hes had a bad few games (that play last night was Lee's fault) but he's also played the most minutes on the team. Duhon has played good and done his job. Its not like hes making a ton of money or that he's the long term soultion so again you people need to chill.

Its weird how as soon as Marbury comes back all the stupid internet fights and stupid threads reappear. Like i said in an earlier thread everybody got all fired up about maybe making the 8th seed and now that we hit a bad spell everybody is getting emotional.

Duhon is here he remainder of this season and next. And if he comes back after this next season itll be at a small cost and most likely as a backup. Is Chris Duhon really are biggest problem people?

Lee and Nate play zero defense. Nate has bad shot selection on alot of nights but because they are our home grown players we let it slide and don't harp on those mistakes. We have no superstars on this team. We actually have no second option players on this team. So the fact we are competing should be commended.
    getting a rep point for this one.....Duhon is not a problem what so ever. He is a huge positive to this team and actually dishes a high amount of assists unlike everyone else on the team.

agreed, People are getting emotional after we became too optimistic...we can still make the playoffs...if we go on a short streak and any of those teams were fighting start to fall off the map...then we are in, simple.

Its going to be a fight for the spot and if we keep losing these close games that WE SHOULD win like against Philley, then our team will once again watch the playoffs on ESPN.

ANd Duhon's crazy amount of minutes, assists and clutch shots= a mid level exception....compare that to Jerome James, Malik, Curry...guys that were worth double his salary that didnt do anything.

Duhon is worth every penny and deserves more.

AND good point....Nate can play some D with his amazing blocks that he shows once in a while but David Lee SUCKS at defense. His offense is good and rebounding an A but his defense is a D- at best.....we need a defensive Center to help Lee in the post or else we should just trade Lee for a rebounder who can block shots. Defense is more important to this team right now and for the future.