Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Duhon = bad? No suprise here

KnicksonLIN.com

Actually, New New York, Metrocard was one of the few people who said he wanted the Knicks to draft Brook Lopez or DJ Augustin. The only thing he said was that he is not upset with the pick, because Gallinari has potential.

I don't like the Gallinari pick, but I'm willing to wait until the end of next season, before I give my full opinion on Gallinari.

Starbury will always be >>>> Duhon in every category.

Duhorne is almost as overrated as Rajan Ronho.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I'm honestly not trying to call anyone out, but, jumping ship now has fair weather fan written all over it!
    And that is where you falter New New York...You think these guys are fans...You give them too much credit.

Only thing they are fans of is Marbury and bashing Duhon gets them all hard and **** cuz they repping their boy Steph.

im starting to wonder if ya kno what the definition of overrated is, lol, nobody says duhon is great, majority of ppl kno he's a backup PG in majority of the teams, but yeah, i really hate his game as of late

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

duhon is good and has played better then i expected to be honest, but that doen't mean he's qualified to run/lead a successful NBA team, the reason he's played well is because D'Antoni's system makes it hard for a PG to play bad. that said he is nothing but a bench player who is logging starter minutes and is playing decent for the most part with a few good games.

we have to go PG, SG or C with our first pick in this years draft depending on who's the best available player at each position when we pick then we decide who's best among those....

if your hurt you shouldn't be playin. not complaints from me when Duhon is playin his normal game. but well he better damn be hurt the way he's been playin last few games. puts up an O the last game, then turns the ball literally everytime he touched it to start this game over. there's a difference between being unselfish, and just being stupid. He usually keeps it to a minimum, but you don't want to be like Jkidd and pass the ball just for the sake of trying to make a nice pass, he's got to take more shots and go to the basket himself when he has the open lane..

am i the only one who still doesnt get why nate doesnt run the team??

if the guy can SCORE, pass better by the minute, AND dribble 10x better, wheres the sense in not starting him?? what r they waiting for and what kind of dumb lineup experiment is this??

id rather have nate and hughes be the backcourt than a slower duhon and richardson

or for more shooting chandler can start at sg since nate has shown that he can pretty much create something for someone every time

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York
    I'm sorry but That's corny!

People were not talking bad about Duhon before he got hurt. Now that he is showing signs of slowing down people want to bash him. I saw a million trade post before the deadline and no one was suggesting he be traded then (and don't say it's because he is so bad he couldnt be traded because I saw Curry and Q Rich trades proposed).

Duhon isnt an All Star but he is a lot better than anyone gave him credit for at the start of the season-myself included-.

Now Metro how can you say that we shouldve drafted someone other than Danillo when you have been one of his biggest supporters.

Not to mention I made a thread asking should we have drafted Brook Lopez,Eric Gordon, or Augistine over Danillo and you said No and that Danillo was a better pick than all three of them.

I'm honestly not trying to call anyone out, but, jumping ship now has fair weather fan written all over it!
    I feel shattered being called corny by someone who's been corny since day one.

You gotta be real about this.

I've been talking bad about Duhon since the beginning.

He's so bad he couldn't be traded?
    Thats really dumb to say.

Bring up an argument here where he's so good, that he's better than most NBA point guards all over the sudden because he plays in an up tempo system that inflates his statistics.

Duhon has been in the 30th-40th best overall point guard in the league most of his career...how all of a sudden he's become "good".

How foolish have we become to believe this?

This man never been good in career, even at Duke he didn't reach full potential, his ability and skill is limited to back up to third string PG service.

ABCD, thanks.

Its kinda lame when people try hard to reach for something and get proven foolish, but its nothing.

I like all three, Gallinari, Lopez, and DJ. I told everyone from the beginning I prefered DJ or Lopez, and I wouldn't be mad with Gallinari, its that simple.

Wow man, I know you feel "cool" making threads, keep up the swag.
    I said Gallinari is the point forward we needed, I still feel Augustin and Lopez can help this team since our weakest positions are PG and Center (Duhon should be a back up and Lee should be a PF).

If I said "Gallinari is better than Lopez and DJ" then I must of been drunk or you must be desperate to get a rep right now.

Eric Gordon now, that dude is overrated, just a straight up chucker. Great skilled athlete, but I couldn't stand having another Crawford.

Man, you should get slapped for even insisting I'm a fair weather fan here.

I've been the leading canidate on this site on calling Duhon out.

F*ck the fact that people are making excuses now that he's playing too many minutes...he's not used to being used this much.

Add conditioning to the things Chris Duhon is terrible at list.

and you say Chris Duhon isn't an all star(thanks Mr. Obvious), but why try to hint he's close to it because once again; he has the LUXURY of playing in D'Antoni's system where 80% of the point guards in the NBA would easily post more efficient stats.

We're still a NBA lottery team...nothing changed except the personnel and the system...and the overpopulation of C level players.

We have no all stars on this roster, just a lot of scrubs and two gems in Robinson and Lee.

the portable man, I completely agree.

Not only Robinson is more talented and dynamic over Duhon...Robinson has developed a lot of skill as a PG and would be a better compliment to a combo guard like Hughes...similar to how Arenas was with Larry Hughes in the up tempo Wizards team that had success.

I can't believe someone in this thread wanted Rafer Alton's 34% FG shooting on this team...as if it Isiah Thomas has drugged half of you people and took away your logic.

Yo MSG...we gotta start putting these fools in check.

Duhon is garbage, always been.

Get over the whole "passed our expectations". FAIL, Duhon is what you expected, bad.

Look, love Chris or hate Chris, this is the guy Mike D'Antoni wanted to be his PG. Mike's system, like you state metro, runs predominantly through the PG. Obviously D'Antoni saw something that the people in Chicago didn't, that for whatever reason Duhon is good for the SYSTEM INSTALLED. I'm not sure any PG in D'Antoni's system will absolutely flourish, we don't have much data to base that off of. Fact is Duhon moves the ball, gets assists and does what D'Antoni wants him to do.

I know you'll come back and say "Marbury is a good passer" but being a "good passer" and being a "passer" are two different beasts. Marbury, by your own admission, is a guy that gets to the basket, likes to get in the hole and take shots, go up against big men and what not. I really don't believe that that's what D'Antoni wants from his PG, he wants a passer, a guy who moves the ball, a guy who will find the guy for the open look. As many assists as Marbury gets and got, I just don't think he's the guy D'Antoni wanted. D'Antoni WANTED Duhon, and this team is playing better than last year. I was at the game last night, I'll admit Duhon did not play well, but neither did a lot of the team in the first quarter. That's where the game was lost, Knicks were shooting like 23% from the field after the first quarter. I understand Marbury is a play maker, in that situation I am willing to admit Marbury > Duhon, because Marbury will create his own shot.

In terms of the draft, I was there with you when they passed on Augustin, Lopez and for me I liked Eric Gordon. But after he got over his injury (and I was someone on here BASHING the Gallo pick), he played well. He's tough, he doesn't back down. He played some bad 1-on-1 defense last night, and sometimes doesn't play amazing on offense but those are growing pains associated with coming from Europe to the NBA. Look at Bargnani, who struggled massively early. It looks like now he might be finally more adjusted to playing the NBA game. Gallo can shoot, that's obvious. I think at the end of the day, this team, this board and this city will fall in love with the Rooster...

bad thread.......

Originally Posted by jpz17
    bad thread.......
    Just like every thread metro makes. Guy is a cancer to this forum.

Duhon has been playing badly for awhile, I think since before the allstar break. At first, I just thought he was injured, tired etc. But his bad play has continued. It's obvious he is not a starting PG in this league. But he was never meant as a long term solution, fortunately. I think Donnie will try to draft a good PG this year, depending on our draft position.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Just like every thread metro makes. Guy is a cancer to this forum.
    Metrocard is one of the greatest posters in Knicksonline history.

Knicksonline.com would not be the same without posters like metrocard, MSGKnickz33, ABCD, and all of the other Starbury supporters.

Stop hating.

Metrocard's threads are hilarious to read and very informative.

Starbury > Duhon

Even you know that. You're just to shy to say it.

To JPZ17: Lighten up. This forum would be trash without entertaining and factual threads such as metrocard's, MSGKnickz33's, Kiyaman's, and ABCD's threads.

Rady loves our posts, because they draw new posters. The more posters that come to Knicksonline, the more recognition he gets, and the more success he gets.

Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by smokes
    Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?
    I wanted to make my post more entertaining to read. I figured that by naming myself in the third person, I would get more people to read my post.

It worked, since I got a response.

See what I mean? Starbury supporters make the world go round.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I wanted to make my post more entertaining to read. I figured that by naming myself in the third person, I would get more people to read my post.

It worked, since I got a response.

See what I mean? Starbury supporters make the world go round.
    If you have to try harder to make people read your post it's clearly not very good to begin with