Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 174

Thread: Duhon = bad? No suprise here

  1. #46
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Stop paying attention to the media and draw your own conclusions. Theres not really a whole lot I can say about your post, other then your wrong. He didnt even have a jersey in his locker when D'antoni asked him to play after Crawford and Z-bo were traded. Read between the lines. Your smarter then this.
    Sorry but I have to ask, where exactly are you getting your information about Marbury from? The Knicks lockerroom? Or the media? Or even the man himself who is obviously not biased in his own favour...

    I don't dislike the guy, but this "stop paying attention to the media" **** is so worn out, you believe what he says in the media, others believe what Coach D or teammates say in the media. No difference whatsoever.

  2. #47
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have to say this, while duhon looks to be getting exploited recently, I partially blame it on the fake D LEE mr over rated is his only real option off the pick and roll. lee gets his shot swatted left and right, DUhon isnt that bad, but he isnt that great, I blame LEE And his piss poor defense on the reason we lose so many games, before I blame duhon. GET RID OF LEE

  3. #48
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    He was stucked on the bench in Chicago for a reason. He dosn't have what it takes to be a starter. Give me Raymond Felton. He would be perfect for the Knicks. He was schooled by Roy Williams who play an uptempo game. Duhon was schooled by Coach K who have great college kids but they suck at the next level

  4. #49
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Bolded players that are not better, no pointguards, or are not starters, even though you said they were.
    LMAO!

    You think Chris Duhon is better than Nate Robinson?

    Nate Robinson is the second lead scorer on the Knicks.

  5. #50
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    MSG, Duhon has certainly exceeded expectations. I went back to the thread when Duhon was signed. You said he was nothing more than a bench player.

    Then there were these quotes

    Pointless

    This Goes Up There With Gettin Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway, Muggsy Bouges, Scott Williams, Felton Spencer etc.....



    In my humble opinion, your first mistake was titling this thread with exclamation marks (Knicks Get Duhon!!!!!!!!!!!!!), as if us Knick fans should be excited by this signing. All D'Antoni seeks is another flunky for his system just like our latest draft pick, Gallinari, whose dad was a friend to D'Antoni.

    This move was a waste of the mid level exception. We should of rode out Marbury's contract till season's end, then executed a sign and trade.

    I agree Duhon is a super star role player that will bounce around the league, he is far expected to be the answer.

    This is another questionable move.....
    Duhon isn't that good offensively.
    He cannot beat his man off the dribble.
    He has below average speed for a 6"1 PG.
    This leaves Duhon stuck on the perimeter a lot as a spot up shooter( a shooter Duhon isn't).
    Offensively Duhon is VERY limited.

    Duhon is a defensive specialist, not a NBA starting PG.
    Listen to this:
    Duhon is a PURE PG, yes. Why? He can only play the PG position.
    What kind of level of pure PG Duhon is?
    C level at best. He isn't Paul, he isn't even Andre Miller. Hell, Sessions/Arroyo/Knight > Duhon.

    Has Duhon not exceeded those LOW AS HELL EXPECTATIONS? I would say he has...


    And then this post from resident Duhon hater metrocard:

    Don't be silly.

    Duhon is entering his prime.

    It was a decent signing.
    This from Kiyaman

    The Knicks have a serious problem of to many Bad Attitude Cancer Players that has no respect for their coaches that must be traded ASAP. Marbury, Q.Richardson, and Zach outrightly disrespected President Coach Isiah Thomas publically and has been a Cancer Player on their previous teams, so its not something new. There are other Cancer Players on this Knick Roster besides them. If the Knicks ever needed a big clean-up of their roster this is the one right here. The Layden Roster did not need a clean-up, over half the Players had ending contracts in that season and the next season. Plus Layden left the Knicks with a "DEFENSIVE-Roster".
    Duhon has been loathed on this board, unfairly. He's been a good player for this team, especially for the low cost they have him at. Talent is relative. Duhon isn't Chris Paul, but he doesn't make Chris Paul MONEY. He isn't Steph, but he doesn't make STEPHON MARBURY MONEY. For where we signed him and for how much, he's been more than adequate.

  6. #51
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You guys shouldn't be surprise here.
    Duhon has never be a quality PG.
    Not on the level to start and lead a quality NBA team.
    Never been, never will be.

    He's slow Howard Eisley with overrated D.

    His handles?
    Below average.

    His speed/quickness/agility to move from the perimeter to the hoop?
    Eric Snow-like

    Passing ability?
    Limited

    Scoring creativity?
    Jamison Brewer is superior here.


    Duhon is LAME, always will be.


    Look at Steve Nash.

    NOT A BEAST, very good PG, one of the best...but look how inflated his numbers were under D'Antoni. D'Antoni is good at deflating his players stats.

    Duhon at best can give this team 10 ppg and 7 assist, nothing more.
    Its no surprise he's declining now...declining back to the level he is.

    Guys like Sessions, Arroyo, Augustin...etc, ball handlers who can score too and rank up assist would average Steve Nash type numbers in this system.


    We need a QUICK.
    CREATIVE
    UNLIMITED
    BALL HANDLING
    EFFICIENT PASSING
    YOUNG
    DEFENSIVE
    STARTING QUALITY
    ALL STAR POTENTIAL

    POINT GUARD>

    Simply.

    D'Antoni had NO REASON to not play Marbury this season.

    Marbury is superior in everyway possible.
    This team isn't that good with Duhon and can't be better than they would of been with Steph.

    What a complete fail...**** D'Antoni and Walsh for now..till they find a new PG.

    Can't believe we passed on D.J. Augustin and Brook Lopez.

    We're so lame.
    Ok Marubry's gone...that saga is over...without Duhon we wouldnt even be talking playoffs....i think everyone can agree with that.

    Duhon is a pure PG who has been an A+ move for the money he is getting and how much he has exceeded his expectations.

    No one thought he'd be this good and he plays more minutes than anyone else on this team for a mid level exception.

    Put him with an all star in the back court and you are going to see more points and assists from the back court than on most teams.

  7. #52
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Stop saying Marbury is selfish. Thats not true, he averages almost 8 assists for his career...which is impressive considering his time spent in New Jersey and with the Knicks, where he had very few players to pass to.
    I mentioned Marbury?

  8. #53
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Sorry but I have to ask, where exactly are you getting your information about Marbury from? The Knicks lockerroom? Or the media? Or even the man himself who is obviously not biased in his own favour...

    I don't dislike the guy, but this "stop paying attention to the media" **** is so worn out, you believe what he says in the media, others believe what Coach D or teammates say in the media. No difference whatsoever.

    Precisely my point. Believe Marbury all you want, I'm not going to stop you. But to say someone is not smart for believing Mike D'Antoni, Donnie Walsh, Knicks teammates or anyone in the media who does not buy into everything Steph says is equally short sighted and stupid.

    MSG, YOU buy into the media, so I think perhaps you should heed your own advice. DON'T just take Steph at his word every time he says something. I suppose you believe Steph is the best PG in the league because Steph said, "I'm the best PG in the league?" Get real.

    P.S. Steph just left the game after throwing up a brick. 0 points, 3 assists, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls...What an awesome line.

  9. #54
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Sorry but I have to ask, where exactly are you getting your information about Marbury from? The Knicks lockerroom? Or the media? Or even the man himself who is obviously not biased in his own favour...

    I don't dislike the guy, but this "stop paying attention to the media" **** is so worn out, you believe what he says in the media, others believe what Coach D or teammates say in the media. No difference whatsoever.
    Whos to say whos wrong or right? But if haterburys use the media to their advantage, what makes them think that I wont do the same?

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    MSG, Duhon has certainly exceeded expectations. I went back to the thread when Duhon was signed. You said he was nothing more than a bench player.

    Then there were these quotes

    [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
    Has Duhon not exceeded those LOW AS HELL EXPECTATIONS? I would say he has...


    And then this post from resident Duhon hater metrocard:



    This from Kiyaman



    Duhon has been loathed on this board, unfairly. He's been a good player for this team, especially for the low cost they have him at. Talent is relative. Duhon isn't Chris Paul, but he doesn't make Chris Paul MONEY. He isn't Steph, but he doesn't make STEPHON MARBURY MONEY. For where we signed him and for how much, he's been more than adequate.
    I dont see how he exceeded expectations.

    Hes been average at best...His offense is more predictable then Eddy Currys, hes turnover prone, and hes not really that good. It was stupid to sign him when Carlos Arroyo was available. At least Arroyo has some ball handling skills. If 12 and 8 is the best Duhon can do in this system, then thats just average to me. Exceeding expectations would be 15 and 10, which most point guards are capable of averaging in this system.

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Precisely my point. Believe Marbury all you want, I'm not going to stop you. But to say someone is not smart for believing Mike D'Antoni, Donnie Walsh, Knicks teammates or anyone in the media who does not buy into everything Steph says is equally short sighted and stupid.

    MSG, YOU buy into the media, so I think perhaps you should heed your own advice. DON'T just take Steph at his word every time he says something. I suppose you believe Steph is the best PG in the league because Steph said, "I'm the best PG in the league?" Get real.

    P.S. Steph just left the game after throwing up a brick. 0 points, 3 assists, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls...What an awesome line.
    Im only playing the game that haterburys play, why shouldnt I? If anything, I think what Marbury says is more valid then D'antoni and the media...I wont include Walsh in this, hes the only one that seems somewhat honest.

    My father sells insurance...part of his job is reading people. I have that ability myself. Its very easy to tell that Mike D'antoni is a liar.

    I also have to question how happy of a person he is, he seems very uptight. He doesnt look very healthy to me. Compare his body language to Walsh's, big difference.

    Marburys not the best speaker but what he says seems to be coming from his heart. He doesnt seem to be smart enough of a speaker to throw people off and thats why I believe him.

    Donnie Walsh is the best speaker of all them. He rarely looks tense, or uptight. Hes extremely calm.

    The media will do whatever it takes to sell some newspapers.

    The last thing you said, about Marburys stat line, is where the biggest mistake in your post is. How many players would be putting up good stats after not playing the whole year?

    Im surprised to see that he doesnt look tired, but his timing is clearly off.

    The fact that you brought his statline up, and sarcastically described it as being "awesome" shows your bias, and hatred/disliking against him. You seem to be agitated that there are knicks fans defending Marbury...If you were confident in your opinions, you would have no problem with people supporting Starbury.

    Whether you have a reason to question yourself or not, you are questioning yourself on the inside. You realize theres a chance that Marbury might prove you wrong. But you dont really care, you will look for new excuses when that time comes. I got one for you, who wouldnt do good on a team with so much talent?

    Its obvious to me that you dont like me, or starbury. You probably dont like me because I still support Marbury. The bigger issue here is that you dont like yourself. I did not insult you once in my first response to you. I told you to read between the lines because i know your smarter then that. I gave a good reason why I believe what Marbury says in his interviews. Like I said before, hes not a good speaker but at least he sounds like hes coming from the heart where as D'antoni is more tense then someone who's about to get married, and the media will say whatever to sell some newspapers.

    I suppose you believe Steph is the best PG in the league because Steph said, "I'm the best PG in the league?" Get real.
    Not true, but the fact that you would bring this up shows that your agitated. Relax, calm down, think things over, and then reply like a man. You have it in you Kblack, you can be an elite poster. You just need to get that hatred out of you.

  10. #55
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Whos to say whos wrong or right? But if haterburys use the media to their advantage, what makes them think that I wont do the same?
    I agree, but it was you who said not to believe the media, and you who said that KBlack was wrong. The above quote was reasonable, the previous one was not, hence why I pointed it out

  11. #56
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I dont see how he exceeded expectations.

    Hes been average at best...His offense is more predictable then Eddy Currys, hes turnover prone, and hes not really that good. It was stupid to sign him when Carlos Arroyo was available. At least Arroyo has some ball handling skills. If 12 and 8 is the best Duhon can do in this system, then thats just average to me. Exceeding expectations would be 15 and 10, which most point guards are capable of averaging in this system.


    Im only playing the game that haterburys play, why shouldnt I? If anything, I think what Marbury says is more valid then D'antoni and the media...I wont include Walsh in this, hes the only one that seems somewhat honest.

    My father sells insurance...part of his job is reading people. I have that ability myself. Its very easy to tell that Mike D'antoni is a liar.

    I also have to question how happy of a person he is, he seems very uptight. He doesnt look very healthy to me. Compare his body language to Walsh's, big difference.

    Marburys not the best speaker but what he says seems to be coming from his heart. He doesnt seem to be smart enough of a speaker to throw people off and thats why I believe him.

    Donnie Walsh is the best speaker of all them. He rarely looks tense, or uptight. Hes extremely calm.

    The media will do whatever it takes to sell some newspapers.

    The last thing you said, about Marburys stat line, is where the biggest mistake in your post is. How many players would be putting up good stats after not playing the whole year?

    Im surprised to see that he doesnt look tired, but his timing is clearly off.

    The fact that you brought his statline up, and sarcastically described it as being "awesome" shows your bias, and hatred/disliking against him. You seem to be agitated that there are knicks fans defending Marbury...If you were confident in your opinions, you would have no problem with people supporting Starbury.

    Whether you have a reason to question yourself or not, you are questioning yourself on the inside. You realize theres a chance that Marbury might prove you wrong. But you dont really care, you will look for new excuses when that time comes. I got one for you, who wouldnt do good on a team with so much talent?

    Its obvious to me that you dont like me, or starbury. You probably dont like me because I still support Marbury. The bigger issue here is that you dont like yourself. I did not insult you once in my first response to you. I told you to read between the lines because i know your smarter then that. I gave a good reason why I believe what Marbury says in his interviews. Like I said before, hes not a good speaker but at least he sounds like hes coming from the heart where as D'antoni is more tense then someone who's about to get married, and the media will say whatever to sell some newspapers.



    Not true, but the fact that you would bring this up shows that your agitated. Relax, calm down, think things over, and then reply like a man. You have it in you Kblack, you can be an elite poster. You just need to get that hatred out of you.
    I don't dislike you MSG, quite the opposite. I think you're a pretty good poster which is why it's frustrating for me to see someone so balanced in other posting aspects and so skewed towards Starbury...

    My problem with Starbury is exactly that, an issue where I don't really like him, and so when people defend him, to me it's defending someone I hate. You can call D'Antoni a liar or whatever, and if you say you can read people when they're lying that's fine. What I will say is (and yes, MSG, I have noticed little quirks when D'Antoni talks) is that I don't think D'Antoni is the type of person we're used to having in NY. He seems kind of like a quiet, introverted guy who doesn't much enjoy the spotlight, he just loves basketball. Love or hate D'Antoni, at least he's into the game (unlike Isiah, who would just sit with a dumb look on his face). That's where I attribute his awkwardness during interviews. I just don't think the NY media is something D'Antoni is used to, it happens in every sport when a new guy comes to this city. Steph on the other hand relishes the spot light, from crying on TV when he was drafted until today, he loves being the center of attention. That's why he doesn't seem as awkward to me, because he WANTS to be there.

    The fact the Duhon is average I don't think is a knock on Duhon. Fact is this guy was signed for the MLE, something usually reserved for "average" players. Guys like Kapono are signed with the MLE, the fact that we now have a serviceable (love him or hate him he's serviceable) point guard that doesn't count against our cap and affords us no real financial hit is definitely a positive, I don't see how it isn't.

    And the reason I brought his statline up was because Starbury supporters on this board posted a whole new thread dedicated to the fact that Steph scored 8 in his debut. If they can bring up that line, how come I can't bring up the more recent line?

    And you seem to give Steph a lot of deference in the media, believing everything he says, which is fine. But Steph did once say he's the "best PG in the league" (his words not mine) which shows conclusively that what Marbury says is not necessarily Gospel.

  12. #57
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Duhon has exceeded expectations but my expectation is that he was a terrible player on the bulls. He's been solid....which is good enough for the short term.

    I'm tired of people who say the system doesn't affect stats. You are retarded if you think that. That is all.

  13. #58
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    I have to say this, while duhon looks to be getting exploited recently, I partially blame it on the fake D LEE mr over rated is his only real option off the pick and roll. lee gets his shot swatted left and right, DUhon isnt that bad, but he isnt that great, I blame LEE And his piss poor defense on the reason we lose so many games, before I blame duhon. GET RID OF LEE
    get off this site, we wouldn't be anywhere right now without him, screw Nate Lee is thew best player on the team hands down

  14. #59
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Maybe its the snow storm coming, but some of you people are crazy.

    Duhon was not signed to be an ALL STAR. He was signed to be a two-year stop gap at the point gaurd position. Hes had a bad few games (that play last night was Lee's fault) but he's also played the most minutes on the team. Duhon has played good and done his job. Its not like hes making a ton of money or that he's the long term soultion so again you people need to chill.

    Its weird how as soon as Marbury comes back all the stupid internet fights and stupid threads reappear. Like i said in an earlier thread everybody got all fired up about maybe making the 8th seed and now that we hit a bad spell everybody is getting emotional.

    Duhon is here he remainder of this season and next. And if he comes back after this next season itll be at a small cost and most likely as a backup. Is Chris Duhon really are biggest problem people?

    Lee and Nate play zero defense. Nate has bad shot selection on alot of nights but because they are our home grown players we let it slide and don't harp on those mistakes. We have no superstars on this team. We actually have no second option players on this team. So the fact we are competing should be commended.

  15. #60
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Maybe its the snow storm coming, but some of you people are crazy.

    Duhon was not signed to be an ALL STAR. He was signed to be a two-year stop gap at the point gaurd position. Hes had a bad few games (that play last night was Lee's fault) but he's also played the most minutes on the team. Duhon has played good and done his job. Its not like hes making a ton of money or that he's the long term soultion so again you people need to chill.

    Its weird how as soon as Marbury comes back all the stupid internet fights and stupid threads reappear. Like i said in an earlier thread everybody got all fired up about maybe making the 8th seed and now that we hit a bad spell everybody is getting emotional.

    Duhon is here he remainder of this season and next. And if he comes back after this next season itll be at a small cost and most likely as a backup. Is Chris Duhon really are biggest problem people?

    Lee and Nate play zero defense. Nate has bad shot selection on alot of nights but because they are our home grown players we let it slide and don't harp on those mistakes. We have no superstars on this team. We actually have no second option players on this team. So the fact we are competing should be commended.
    getting a rep point for this one.....Duhon is not a problem what so ever. He is a huge positive to this team and actually dishes a high amount of assists unlike everyone else on the team.

    agreed, People are getting emotional after we became too optimistic...we can still make the playoffs...if we go on a short streak and any of those teams were fighting start to fall off the map...then we are in, simple.

    Its going to be a fight for the spot and if we keep losing these close games that WE SHOULD win like against Philley, then our team will once again watch the playoffs on ESPN.

    ANd Duhon's crazy amount of minutes, assists and clutch shots= a mid level exception....compare that to Jerome James, Malik, Curry...guys that were worth double his salary that didnt do anything.

    Duhon is worth every penny and deserves more.


    AND good point....Nate can play some D with his amazing blocks that he shows once in a while but David Lee SUCKS at defense. His offense is good and rebounding an A but his defense is a D- at best.....we need a defensive Center to help Lee in the post or else we should just trade Lee for a rebounder who can block shots. Defense is more important to this team right now and for the future.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 22:29
  2. Duhon Sits Out Practice
    By JayJ44 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2009, 14:58
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2008, 13:19
  4. Suprise Suprise... Eddy Curry reportedly OUT OF SHAPE!
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2008, 08:46
  5. Knicks Get Duhon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By knicklover in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2008, 18:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •