Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 174

Thread: Duhon = bad? No suprise here

  1. #61
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    KBlack, thanks for quoting me...I still didn't contradicted myself.

    12/7 in this system is numbers of what a C level PG would produce

    15-17 ppg 8-9 assist is what a B level PG would produce (The TJ Fords of the league)

    A level PG would obviously do 20 PPG and 10-12 assist per game (Paul, Williams type of PG's).

    Did I declare Duhon a D level PG? No. He's skilled, experienced and educated about the position.

    But he's obviously limited.
    If you can't understand that, then remain a fool.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    LMAO!

    You think Chris Duhon is better than Nate Robinson?

    Nate Robinson is the second lead scorer on the Knicks.
    Co-sign.

    Robinson has entered a new level with his hard work...he can give this team 20 PPG on high FG%(shot selection has greatly improved).

    Robinson is capable of 7 assist just like Duhon too...why do we sit back and settle for less?


    Let me ask you guys something.

    If you're leading a race team in the Indy 500...would you have an old blind woman be the racer or someone like Jeff Gordon or some skilled driving hick?

    Simple question.

    Duhon is an old lady running a high powered offense.

    We need a BEAST at PG in order to be successful.

    F*CK LEBRON.
    F*CK BOSH.
    F*CK AMARE.

    They're not point guards that are going to change this type of system.
    Point guard is the most important position and we failed to address this season by illogically letting Marbury go.

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Maybe its the snow storm coming, but some of you people are crazy.

    Duhon was not signed to be an ALL STAR. He was signed to be a two-year stop gap at the point gaurd position. Hes had a bad few games (that play last night was Lee's fault) but he's also played the most minutes on the team. Duhon has played good and done his job. Its not like hes making a ton of money or that he's the long term soultion so again you people need to chill.

    Its weird how as soon as Marbury comes back all the stupid internet fights and stupid threads reappear. Like i said in an earlier thread everybody got all fired up about maybe making the 8th seed and now that we hit a bad spell everybody is getting emotional.

    Duhon is here he remainder of this season and next. And if he comes back after this next season itll be at a small cost and most likely as a backup. Is Chris Duhon really are biggest problem people?

    Lee and Nate play zero defense. Nate has bad shot selection on alot of nights but because they are our home grown players we let it slide and don't harp on those mistakes. We have no superstars on this team. We actually have no second option players on this team. So the fact we are competing should be commended.
    Dude, you've been the craziest since day one.

    Ha, no one is fighting. Marbury obviously creates a lot of fire...I don't see why you complain so much when the forum is popping, what would you rather want, a 5 page thread on Cheick Samb?

    Nate plays D, or tries too. I've seen Duhon get burned on D as much as I've seen Nate get burned.

  2. #62
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Once again you show how sensative you are. It's like I can actually see you holding back tears when you respond to any crticism.

    Here is what I am saying about your whole point, To wait until he is hurt and has a string of bad games and calling him out tying to show some insight is just plain stupid considering not too much was expected of him.

    We signed Duhon for The MLE. MLE is typically going to be your sevicable type players. Would you really complain if we signed James Posey and he wasnt playing enough like Lebron James!


    Duhon will in all actuality not be apart of our team in 2010. Really most Knick fans are like so what!Because most of us werent expecting much anyways. Stating he isnt that good is like saying Eddy Curry is in poor condition (and you called me Mr. Obvious, that really should be the title of this Thread!).
    Its not sensitive, I just made a joke. If you're going to complain about it, how can you call someone else sensitive without looking like a fool? You tied both of your shoes together and fell flat on your face =P

    I'm on this site to share different opinions with people...so why project yourself in me when your the one being cranky here? Just talk bball son.

    I've been showing insight from the beginning of the Duhon signing.
    I will continue to show insight, I have every right to mention my theory when he's not preforming well to inform the fan base of the true problem.

    This isn't about the MLE, or what type of caliber player Duhon is.

    Duhon is not a NBA starter.
    D'Antoni and Walsh failed, we had a NBA starting PG in Marbury and let him go for nothing.
    Its really simple to understand.
    You could continue to bring up this irrevelant topics of the MLE and Lebron James...it lacks insight and logic to Duhon not being a NBA starter.
    I repeat, Duhon isn't a NBA starting quality.

    First of all, Golden Staten Warriors are an uptempo team. Great job on making a simple point, I'm proud of you. Obviously you're going somewhere with this, this time...for the first time.

    So your little question is why don't the Warriors have a player top 10 in assist? (Even though this question lacks substance since Warriors have a player in the top 15 of assst; Steven Jackson)

    Well, lets check it out.

    Steven Jackson, Monta Ellis and Jamal Crawford all average 5 or more assist per game...projected...not officially, right?

    Are they pass first players? No.

    Assist numbers will be inflated in an up tempo system...its not hard to understand this.

    Look at Hedo, he was averaging 2-3 assist in San Antinio...in Orlando, he ranges around 4-6.

    Then you bring up the UTAH JAZZ.

    Firstly, Deron Williams is one of the best PG's in the planet, him averaging 9-10 assist a game it based on his ability.

    Plus, the next starter on Utah who averages the 2nd most assist is Andrei Kirilenko, at 3. So, keep in mind that Williams does most of the ball handling will give more power to him averaging a high number of assist...just like Iverson or Wade who dominate the ball average a high number of assist.

    Don't you think for a minute his assist numbers would go up if he played in New York or Phoneix or Golden State?

    COMMON SENSE...don't even answer, just keep setting it up for me to make you look foolish, thanks!

    I'm not even done reading this dude's paragraph, not even half way, but ladies and gentlemen, we have one of the most ignorant comments of 2009, check this out!

    New New said:

    The Utah Jazz don't play uptempo


    My face when I saw the opportunity to proclaim you as the biggest fool on Knicksonline.

    Hey kid.

    Utah Jazz average 103.1 points per game.
    Their opponents average 99.3


    You don't think the Jazz play a little faster pace than the 93 ppg Detroit Pistons or Larry Brown's 92 ppg Bobcats?

    Damn...I'm afraid to read more, I never see a man be so incorrect about a sport he follows...maybe you should retire and find new hobby...sports isn't a good look for you.

    Name you a better PG on the roster?

    Nate Robinson, a lot of people on this site would agree.

    So if you agree Duhon isn't that good, why are you sacrificing the little rep you have this site with such a poor post? You seem like you're fighting for something...you have no arguement left here, you co-signed with my thread, so why all the bickering for?

    Just bored, I guess?


    Hey guys, you know how many times I cleared stated that I like Steph as a PG, but I also brought up how he can't be apart of the future.

    New New comes out of the closet as a flaming fool and tries to tell me that I want Stephon Marbur as the Knicks point guard forever. I guess thats his comeback...pretty lame.

    Yea...I'll go be a Celtics fan...because changing teams is as easy as changing toothbrushes right?

    Sounds like your frustrated now that you have no substance or no arguement here...so you cry out and tell me to change teams...for your reason being???

    Don't stress over the post...or try not to sound too stressed out on your reply...remember to use a lot of "LOL's!" they make you look "happy" and not upset or defeated!

  3. #63
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    KBlack, thanks for quoting me...I still didn't contradicted myself.

    12/7 in this system is numbers of what a C level PG would produce

    15-17 ppg 8-9 assist is what a B level PG would produce (The TJ Fords of the league)

    A level PG would obviously do 20 PPG and 10-12 assist per game (Paul, Williams type of PG's).

    Did I declare Duhon a D level PG? No. He's skilled, experienced and educated about the position.

    But he's obviously limited.
    If you can't understand that, then remain a fool.
    I'm not saying he's unlimited but look at it this way. The MLE is designed for middle of the road players (hence the nomenclature, mid-level exception). It's for mid-level players. In life, a "C-Student" is usually considered "middle of the road" or just average.

    Extrapolate that to what you said, that Duhon is a C-Level Player. If Duhon is a "C-Level" player, and they got him for Middle of the Road $, then what's the problem?

    Fact is, Duhon is NOT the issue. He was signed for the mid-level exception, a price that does not affect our salary cap in any way. He's performed at least adequately, I consider 12 and 7 above adequate, but at the very least he's adequate. You, in your title, labeled Duhon as bad. To me, bad is a D-Level player (which you then go on to say you didn't suggest). Fact is, Duhon ISN'T bad, he's signed for the MLE and has performed, by your own admission, at least at that level. He's only on the books for this year and next. There are so many issues floating around. You hate D'Antoni's player management. You hate (I hope) Eddy Curry. At the very least Duhon has been serviceable, that's my point. People on this board blasted Duhon and the signing as completely useless and pointless. Fact is, regardless of whether you hate Steph or love Steph, CHRIS DUHON is the man playing point guard for the blue and orange right now, NOT Steph, and this team has looked better than they did last year.

    You want to complain about having a C-Level point guard when the Knicks signed him for C-level or less money. If they signed this guy for 6 years 100 million, you'd have a point. But to claim Duhon is a C-level player when he's signed for C-level money and is expected to be a C-level type of guy is not only a flat argument, it's a boring one.

  4. #64
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Relatively speaking (MLE) Duhon is an o.k. investment.

    He illustrates just what a supremely gifted (he's not) PG could do in this system.

    Problem is D'Antoni & Walsh sacrificed wins by not having someone better run the point, and bigged up his signing like they found a "diamond in the rough".

    D'Antonis' point was "see anyone can run the point in my system and be successful", and he stubbornly undermined our success to prove it.

    Had a better PG started ie..Marbury and/or N8 we would have a better record theoretically.

    Duhon is a back-up and will be "service-able" in that role.

    So no (and I didn't take this topic as seriously as others) I'm not shocked- Duhon is a back-up.

    I agree PG is yet another upgrade we need after Center and Center.
    Last edited by Red; Mar 02, 2009 at 19:42.

  5. #65
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Guys, Duhon's contract expires after next year. Personally I find Nate a better pg that Duhon now a days.

  6. #66
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've heard this before.
    If you can't see Chris Duhon getting 35+ minutes being an issue when the objective is to win, then you really failed as a Knicks fan.

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I'm not saying he's unlimited but look at it this way. The MLE is designed for middle of the road players (hence the nomenclature, mid-level exception). It's for mid-level players. In life, a "C-Student" is usually considered "middle of the road" or just average.

    Extrapolate that to what you said, that Duhon is a C-Level Player. If Duhon is a "C-Level" player, and they got him for Middle of the Road $, then what's the problem?

    Fact is, Duhon is NOT the issue. He was signed for the mid-level exception, a price that does not affect our salary cap in any way. He's performed at least adequately, I consider 12 and 7 above adequate, but at the very least he's adequate. You, in your title, labeled Duhon as bad. To me, bad is a D-Level player (which you then go on to say you didn't suggest). Fact is, Duhon ISN'T bad, he's signed for the MLE and has performed, by your own admission, at least at that level. He's only on the books for this year and next. There are so many issues floating around. You hate D'Antoni's player management. You hate (I hope) Eddy Curry. At the very least Duhon has been serviceable, that's my point. People on this board blasted Duhon and the signing as completely useless and pointless. Fact is, regardless of whether you hate Steph or love Steph, CHRIS DUHON is the man playing point guard for the blue and orange right now, NOT Steph, and this team has looked better than they did last year.

    You want to complain about having a C-Level point guard when the Knicks signed him for C-level or less money. If they signed this guy for 6 years 100 million, you'd have a point. But to claim Duhon is a C-level player when he's signed for C-level money and is expected to be a C-level type of guy is not only a flat argument, it's a boring one.

  7. #67
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I've heard this before.
    If you can't see Chris Duhon getting 35+ minutes being an issue when the objective is to win, then you really failed as a Knicks fan.
    In what way have I "failed"? All I said was that, for the money he's signed at, Chris Duhon has performed at least adequately. My point is that not all contracts are the same. If Chris was signed for top PG money and performed the way he is, I'd be right there having a problem with you. But he has been signed with C-level money and has performed as a C-level player. You want to compare him to guys in this league like Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Nobody is claiming that Chris Duhon is even close to the same level as a top-notch PG. But he isn't getting paid like a top-notch PG either. The point of the salary cap is to limit spending, you can't have a bunch of B or A level players at every single position, it's called spending strategy. D'Antoni knows a C-level PG is serviceable in his system, he relies on getting and taking open shots.

    Face it metro, your argument is boring, you are boring. I can sum up your argument in one sentence: "Chris Duhon is bad because he is a C-level point guard making C-level money." Congrats on most boring post of 2009.

  8. #68
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yea...because I repeat myself all the time and have a serious font.

    man, you're a thrill to read, keep it up...keep recycling the garbage.

  9. #69
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Yea...because I repeat myself all the time and have a serious font.

    man, you're a thrill to read, keep it up...keep recycling the garbage.
    HAHAHAHA...I love how this dude can't even respond to my arguments. He knows what he wrote is just circular, pointless and boring.

    Metro got ethered...

  10. #70
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think every team has to take a chance on someone with the salary cap restrictions being so tough...

    We got Duhon for this year and next and we knew what we were gettings...

    Basically, he has a 2 year tryout for being 1 of the 4 guards in 2010...

    Say we Re-sign Hughes and Nate


    Hughes, Nate, Wade, Duhon not bad for 2010

    THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM WITH DUHON IS HIS DEFENSE -- he isn't strong or long enough to lock down big guards and he isn't quick enough to produce steals and cut down the shot clock...

    Duhon is a replacable part, and unless we wants to stay around for a cheap price - he will be gone in 2010

  11. #71
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    HAHAHAHA...I love how this dude can't even respond to my arguments. He knows what he wrote is just circular, pointless and boring.

    Metro got ethered...
    You said nothing, once again.

  12. #72
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You said nothing, once again.
    I proved this thread utterly pointless using your statements to show that you invalidated yourself. Like I said, here's your argument summed up in one sentence:

    "Chris Duhon is bad because he is a C-Level Point Guard"

    And I said, "What do you expect when you pay a guy C-Level money? He wasn't signed to be an all star, he was signed to be exactly what he is. So how does that make him bad?"

    You: "You didn't say anything"

    You refuse to answer my statements. You got ethered and exposed to show you made the most boring post of 2009 by complaining about a guy playing as a C-level PG for C-level money. Not all contracts are created the same, if we signed this guy for A or even B-level money you would have a point. We signed him for C-level money, you have no point. Move on with your life.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,048
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I proved this thread utterly pointless using your statements to show that you invalidated yourself. Like I said, here's your argument summed up in one sentence:

    "Chris Duhon is bad because he is a C-Level Point Guard"

    And I said, "What do you expect when you pay a guy C-Level money? He wasn't signed to be an all star, he was signed to be exactly what he is. So how does that make him bad?"

    You: "You didn't say anything"

    You refuse to answer my statements. You got ethered and exposed to show you made the most boring post of 2009 by complaining about a guy playing as a C-level PG for C-level money. Not all contracts are created the same, if we signed this guy for A or even B-level money you would have a point. We signed him for C-level money, you have no point. Move on with your life.
    KB some Knick fans would rather be critical of the guys on the team who are actually trying and make idols out of guys that refuse to don the colors and leave town a disgrace. I mean why would you actually appreciate a good player that is making the right money and is on the court with a contract that expires when you want it to??? Wouldn't you much rather have a guy steal 20 million from your franchise while not playing a minute and then run off to play for your biggest rival and rub your nose in it??? The larger issue here is that DJ Augustine was sitting right there on the draft board in the first round. You draft Augustine instead of the "****" and you don't have to sign a Chris Duhon. This whole thread would be moot and you would have a young, talented backcourt with N8 and Augustine.

  14. #74
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard

    Look at Hedo, he was averaging 2-3 assist in San Antinio...in Orlando, he ranges around 4-6.

    :
    hedo played for the kings not the spurs and yeah i agree wit u for a change, duhon is a total scrub, maybe these other dudes dont analyze what he does, i want everybody next game to notice the most predictable things he does, i'll help ya out....when drives from either side, he always keep his dribble and look in the middle for david lee and if thats not there he looks to pass in the corner, when under the court he has already made his decision to pass which is why i think marbury wouldve been much better for this system but thats another story(and i feel marrbury had to get out of here, it was just time), duhon rarely drives to score and when he does drives to score its a very awkward lookin lay up..i guess duhon dont believe other teams dont study game tapes cuz they have adjusted to him and are readin his obvious passes, but lets see if duhon can adjust his game cuz those are the real starting PGs who can...duhon is a great Back up PG and is a back up PG in 99% of the league..

  15. #75
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    KB some Knick fans would rather be critical of the guys on the team who are actually trying and make idols out of guys that refuse to don the colors and leave town a disgrace. I mean why would you actually appreciate a good player that is making the right money and is on the court with a contract that expires when you want it to??? Wouldn't you much rather have a guy steal 20 million from your franchise while not playing a minute and then run off to play for your biggest rival and rub your nose in it??? The larger issue here is that DJ Augustine was sitting right there on the draft board in the first round. You draft Augustine instead of the "****" and you don't have to sign a Chris Duhon. This whole thread would be moot and you would have a young, talented backcourt with N8 and Augustine.
    I don't get the augustine hype...Kid shoots low percentage and isn't really wowing anyone with his passing. He is a scrub just like I said he'd be.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 22:29
  2. Duhon Sits Out Practice
    By JayJ44 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2009, 14:58
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2008, 13:19
  4. Suprise Suprise... Eddy Curry reportedly OUT OF SHAPE!
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2008, 08:46
  5. Knicks Get Duhon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By knicklover in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2008, 18:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •