Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Duhon = bad? No suprise here

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I don't get the augustine hype...Kid shoots low percentage and isn't really wowing anyone with his passing. He is a scrub just like I said he'd be.
    I think Larry Brown likes him, I heard that somewhere. But who knows...

Duhon's "C" level play belongs on the bench. He aint doing much when he's out there. Just turning the ball over. He's very mundane.

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Duhon's "C" level play belongs on the bench. He aint doing much when he's out there. Just turning the ball over. He's very mundane.
    Yeah, he's not doing much, except for 12 points and 8 assists every game.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Duhon is a bench player, he shouldn't start easy as that.

He's a player who can't get stuff atarted he does everything in the flow if were firing on all cylinders he gets his points but when we cant buy a basket he cant get nothing started, that shows he's nothing more then a backup getting starters minutes. all the decent PG's in the league can creat he cant.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    He doesn't get those stats when it matters. He does not make enough impact to warrant a starting spot.

On saturdays game, I didn't even realize he was on the court for half of those minutes he played. He's better suited for the back-up role. Just to come in for nate when he gets tired.

Like you said, he was signed for C-level money so he performs at C-level talent. So why doesn't he take a C-level spot on this team? We all know nate is playing at a B-grade level, which should guarantee him a spot ahead of duhon.

Duhon had another awful night against the Nets. 6 points, 6 turnovers, 6 assists, 2 rebounds. He needs to be benched immediately.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Duhon had another awful night against the Nets. 6 points, 6 turnovers, 6 assists, 2 rebounds. He needs to be benched immediately.
    Co-sign. He's trying to average the wrong triple-double. Less minutes would equal less turnovers.

Co-sign. He's trying to average the wrong triple-double. Less minutes would equal less turnovers.
    I'm with you boys. How his recent play warrants any defense I don't know. If he were on another team he'd be getting 15 mins per. Maybe he just needs a rest?

Also, this isn't the first time we've been destroyed from the point. Sessions & even Felton took the opportunity to expose a poor defender.

We, as a result, lose again.

He doesn't get those stats when it matters. He does not make enough impact to warrant a starting spot.

On saturdays game, I didn't even realize he was on the court for half of those minutes he played. He's better suited for the back-up role. Just to come in for nate when he gets tired.

Like you said, he was signed for C-level money so he performs at C-level talent. So why doesn't he take a C-level spot on this team? We all know nate is playing at a B-grade level, which should guarantee him a spot ahead of duhon.
    You are getting too hung up on who starts and who comes off the bench. Whoever starts doesn't matter, it's who gets the minutes. In the last 10 games Duhon and Nate have had equal time on the floor, on the season Duhon only gets 8 more minutes per night than Nate. This includes games where Duhon played almost all 48 and got over 20 assists.

Don't hang yourselves up on who starts and who comes off the bench. Just look at who plays in critical minutes. That's what counts.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

50 other PG's in the NBA could do better.

Duhon is TERRIBLE at the pick and roll, the most key tool in this offense.

Do you even watch the games anymore at this point?

Duhon always dribbles into a man and pushes the ball back outside, watching 5 seconds with the pick and roll.

Chris creates too many low percentage shots, he doesn't make his players better or makes the game easy for the team because of his limitations.

12 and 7 is LAME in this up tempo system.

7.7 assist on 3 turnovers isn't so great either...you have to look at it from a perspective where you HAVE to consider what other PG's are capable of in this system...and where Duhon ranks. Its pretty low.

Go ahead and bring up the MLE again...since you haven't made an entire single point in this thread instead of repeat yourself over and over and over.

12th man

Originally Posted by datruth
    hedo played for the kings not the spurs

btw, I think Duhon is just a poor back up overall too...he's such a liability on offense and his defense gets overrated.

12th man

I proved this thread utterly pointless using your statements to show that you invalidated yourself. Like I said, here's your argument summed up in one sentence:

"Chris Duhon is bad because he is a C-Level Point Guard"

And I said, "What do you expect when you pay a guy C-Level money? He wasn't signed to be an all star, he was signed to be exactly what he is. So how does that make him bad?"

You: "You didn't say anything"

You refuse to answer my statements. You got ethered and exposed to show you made the most boring post of 2009 by complaining about a guy playing as a C-level PG for C-level money. Not all contracts are created the same, if we signed this guy for A or even B-level money you would have a point. We signed him for C-level money, you have no point. Move on with your life.
    You said nothing once again.
    Repeating yourself.
    Do you realize how foolish you look writing so much not being able to hit a point? Its such a weak attempt.

Its not about the money.
    Its about the minutes he's getting.
    If he's getting a "C level" contract, shouldn't he get C level minutes?
    why are you backing him up to getting A level minutes; when most of the forum and I favor Nate Robinson who's more dynmaic and could rank up assist at the same rate as Duhon to get starter minutes.

If we're going to win with offense, we should max out offensively.

Robinson
    Gallinari
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee

All these guys can handle and move the ball decently and look good on the fast break.

Duhon really makes the offense stagnant, taking us back to the days in Chicago where he would lead one of the worst offenses in the league.

Duhon is TRUELY a problem...its like feeding Crawford and Curry 35 minutes a game...players like these hurt the team more than they help, in a serious way. Playing them many minutes will only create an effecient game plan for LOSING.

As we're seeing now.

Duhon is mad predictable and easy to defend...we lose every team head to head offensively when he's on the floor, even with poor offensive teams like the Nets.

12th man

I think Larry Brown likes him, I heard that somewhere. But who knows...

Yea, theres a reason why TunerAddict made my ignore list...but knowing you would quote a fool, similar species tend to find each other.

Its funny TA says this when our weakest position is PG and DJ Augustin would be the most PERFECT PG for this roster.

Check out his strengths

- Ability to get to free throw line
    - Mid-range game
    - Mix between scoring/passing
    - Pick and roll play
    - Transition play
    - Ball-handling skills w/either hand
    - Change of gears/Hesitation moves
    - Commitment to playing defense
    - Fundamentals
    - Poise
    - Strong Intangibles
    - Unselfishness
    - Winning mentality
    - Work ethic
    - Basketball instincts
    - Assist to turnover ratio
    - Court vision
    - Solid frame
    - Ability to shoot off the dribble
    - Perimeter shooting ability - Quick release

Augustin is playing for Larry Brow who deflates all PG's numbers.

But Bobcat fans love DJ and view his as the future...anyone who thinks he's a scrub and predicted in draft day is the biggest fool in the planet and will continue to be proven as the biggest fool as DJ gets better and better each day.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You said nothing once again.
    Repeating yourself.
    Do you realize how foolish you look writing so much not being able to hit a point? Its such a weak attempt.

Its not about the money.
    Its about the minutes he's getting.
    If he's getting a "C level" contract, shouldn't he get C level minutes?
    why are you backing him up to getting A level minutes; when most of the forum and I favor Nate Robinson who's more dynmaic and could rank up assist at the same rate as Duhon to get starter minutes.

If we're going to win with offense, we should max out offensively.

Robinson
    Gallinari
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Lee

All these guys can handle and move the ball decently and look good on the fast break.

Duhon really makes the offense stagnant, taking us back to the days in Chicago where he would lead one of the worst offenses in the league.

Duhon is TRUELY a problem...its like feeding Crawford and Curry 35 minutes a game...players like these hurt the team more than they help, in a serious way. Playing them many minutes will only create an effecient game plan for LOSING.

As we're seeing now.

Duhon is mad predictable and easy to defend...we lose every team head to head offensively when he's on the floor, even with poor offensive teams like the Nets.
    LMAO at this fool insulting me, and then quoting me three posts in a row. The reason I talk about the MLE is because you haven't come back to address it. My point still being that, for the price, Duhon has performed adequately. You have not responded to this.

Like I said, it's not who starts the game, it's who ends it and who gets the most minutes. Over the last 10 games, Robinson has seen as many minutes per game as Duhon, and has played in more clutch and crucial situations.

Like I said earlier (and several times), I agree that Robinson is better than Duhon, the offense runs better when he is out on the floor. BUT the countervailing argument is just that perhaps Robinson would not be as good starting the game. As a starter, seeing 10 minutes more per game, Robinson only manages a meager 4 points additionally. This indicates to me that, when Robinson comes off the bench, he plays just as well and perhaps even better against opponents that are slow/tired. Some guys are simply better suited to come off the bench (see: Manu Ginobli). This DOES NOT MEAN that the starter is necessarily "better" just better suited to start. Robinson still plays the key minutes, Duhon does not.

You want to make a claim about the minutes, is 38 too much for Duhon per game? Right now, it looks like probably. But when he had 22 assists, you weren't saying that. Basketball is a game of ups and downs, a game of streaks. Lately, due to his poor play, Duhon has seen a significant reduction in minutes. You want to point to the 38 mpg, fine, but that number includes 28 games in November and December during which he played well and averaged 40 minutes per game. This skews the averages significantly. This you fail to realize. The three games in March, Duhon has averaged 32 minutes per game.

I was not dissing D.J. Augustin in any way, I was just commenting that Larry Brown really likes him, and people on this board (including you) have killed Larry Brown. I think D.J. Augustin would be a nice fit. But I still am liking the way Gallo plays, he seems to play tough and hard, and he can shoot. In a couple of years, when he gets over the growing pains of coming from Europe to the NBA (see: Dirk Nowitzki, Andrea Bargnani), he will be a quality player in the starting lineup.
    Last edited by KBlack25; Mar 09, 2009 at 12:27.

But when he had 22 assists, you weren't saying that..
    why u keep bringing up dat game, lol, it was against the warriors, it was pathetic, the knicks Defense was just as pathetic as the warriors that night, it just our offense was better, and yeah duhon had success early in the season but thats cuz he was bringing something new to the opponents so there really wasnt any way u can really study his game, now that ppl have game tapes, the opposin team already knows duhons next predictable ass move