Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 174

Thread: Duhon = bad? No suprise here

  1. #91
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Keep Starting Duhon! We need a higher draft pick. Thanks D'Antoni. P.S. Thumbs up on the ill conceived rotations, the blatant mis-matches (in favor of the opposition), along with sacrificing wins to shame Marbury and tirades along the sideline...priceless. **Fingers crossed for top 5 pick

  2. #92
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    why u keep bringing up dat game, lol, it was against the warriors, it was pathetic, the knicks Defense was just as pathetic as the warriors that night, it just our offense was better, and yeah duhon had success early in the season but thats cuz he was bringing something new to the opponents so there really wasnt any way u can really study his game, now that ppl have game tapes, the opposin team already knows duhons next predictable ass move
    I bring up the point because when Duhon was playing well, nobody was sitting here crying about him. The second things go a bit awry for a week or two, everyone jumps on him. They don't complain when he does well, they complain when he plays poorly.

  3. #93
    Superstar Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Duhon is playing disastrous the past month.

    He was doing great before but now it's just alarming with no signs of improvement.

    Maybe he does need a benching.

  4. #94
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Scribbles
    Duhon is playing disastrous the past month.

    He was doing great before but now it's just alarming with no signs of improvement.

    Maybe he does need a benching.
    Like I said, this month he has seen a significant reduction in minutes.

  5. #95
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Keep Starting Duhon! We need a higher draft pick. Thanks D'Antoni. P.S. Thumbs up on the ill conceived rotations, the blatant mis-matches (in favor of the opposition), along with sacrificing wins to shame Marbury and tirades along the sideline...priceless. **Fingers crossed for top 5 pick
    LOL...we might as well, since it has gotten to that point.


    K, the reason why you talk MLE because you have nothing else to say. This isn't about the MLE(as I've said many times, but you continue to hold on to it), its about the excessive minutes Duhon is receiving when he was never that good enough to take Marbury's spot as the primary PG on the team. It was a bad decesion by D'Antoni and now has failed this franchise of seeing the playoffs.

    Duhon's preformance this season isn't that good and has been overrated by you. Duhon gets a + for his 3pt shooter(he'll came back down to earth since he's a 38% FG and 35% 3pt shooter), but other than that he's been really flat out terrible.

    At passing
    pick and roll play
    pushing the ball up the court
    being clever and unpredictable on offense
    His defense isn't serious.
    Is very stiff and cannot create well for himself or others.

    But those always been weaknesses of Duhon, so its no surprise here; hence the title of this thread.

    This is a thread dedicated to those who thought Duhon would be worthy to hold down the PG spot.
    He's really not and never will be.

    Having a solid November and October(Funny how you're on Duhon's side but I've brought up more points in support of Duhon compared to your weak defeated and overly repeated argument) doesn't seal the deal.

    You need to REALIZE playing in D'Antoni's the PG's numbers will be inflated.

    In order for success or atleast an 8th seed playoff birth, we need a PG who can produce over 17/9, not a bum who limits the offense because of his limitations @ 11 and 7.

    I could come to agree with the rest of your post, even though I still think you're a douchebag.

    Peace.

  6. #96
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    LOL...we might as well, since it has gotten to that point.


    K, the reason why you talk MLE because you have nothing else to say. This isn't about the MLE(as I've said many times, but you continue to hold on to it), its about the excessive minutes Duhon is receiving when he was never that good enough to take Marbury's spot as the primary PG on the team. It was a bad decesion by D'Antoni and now has failed this franchise of seeing the playoffs.

    Duhon's preformance this season isn't that good and has been overrated by you. Duhon gets a + for his 3pt shooter(he'll came back down to earth since he's a 38% FG and 35% 3pt shooter), but other than that he's been really flat out terrible.

    At passing
    pick and roll play
    pushing the ball up the court
    being clever and unpredictable on offense
    His defense isn't serious.
    Is very stiff and cannot create well for himself or others.

    But those always been weaknesses of Duhon, so its no surprise here; hence the title of this thread.

    This is a thread dedicated to those who thought Duhon would be worthy to hold down the PG spot.
    He's really not and never will be.

    Having a solid November and October(Funny how you're on Duhon's side but I've brought up more points in support of Duhon compared to your weak defeated and overly repeated argument) doesn't seal the deal.

    You need to REALIZE playing in D'Antoni's the PG's numbers will be inflated.

    In order for success or atleast an 8th seed playoff birth, we need a PG who can produce over 17/9, not a bum who limits the offense because of his limitations @ 11 and 7.

    I could come to agree with the rest of your post, even though I still think you're a douchebag.

    Peace.
    Did I say Duhon is good enough to hold down the starting PG spot long-term? No, I never said that. You have not brought up anything in defense of Duhon, I don't see anything where you say how well he's performed. In fact, you say he's bad. I bring up the fact that his November/October minutes per game inflate the seasonal minutes per game. Like I said, Duhon has seen a significant reduction in minutes recently, but D'Antoni can't go back and play Duhon 35 minutes in November and October.

    You say we need a solid PG to have success, yet I seem to remember you blasting Tony Parker on here a few months ago, the same Tony Parker that was the starting PG on three championship teams.

    You just make arguments that at the time are convenient for you, you show absolutely no consistency in your argument. I brought up other facts, yet you still say I have nothing to say (despite the fact that you apparently agree with me). Get on with your life.

  7. #97
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ight man.

  8. #98
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    LOL...we might as well, since it has gotten to that point.


    K, the reason why you talk MLE because you have nothing else to say. This isn't about the MLE(as I've said many times, but you continue to hold on to it), its about the excessive minutes Duhon is receiving when he was never that good enough to take Marbury's spot as the primary PG on the team. It was a bad decesion by D'Antoni and now has failed this franchise of seeing the playoffs.

    Duhon's preformance this season isn't that good and has been overrated by you. Duhon gets a + for his 3pt shooter(he'll came back down to earth since he's a 38% FG and 35% 3pt shooter), but other than that he's been really flat out terrible.

    At passing
    pick and roll play
    pushing the ball up the court
    being clever and unpredictable on offense
    His defense isn't serious.
    Is very stiff and cannot create well for himself or others.

    But those always been weaknesses of Duhon, so its no surprise here; hence the title of this thread.

    This is a thread dedicated to those who thought Duhon would be worthy to hold down the PG spot.
    He's really not and never will be.

    Having a solid November and October(Funny how you're on Duhon's side but I've brought up more points in support of Duhon compared to your weak defeated and overly repeated argument) doesn't seal the deal.

    You need to REALIZE playing in D'Antoni's the PG's numbers will be inflated.

    In order for success or atleast an 8th seed playoff birth, we need a PG who can produce over 17/9, not a bum who limits the offense because of his limitations @ 11 and 7.

    I could come to agree with the rest of your post, even though I still think you're a douchebag.

    Peace.

    This is a first, me and metro finally agreeing. Duhon and Lee's Numbers both are inflated due to Mike D, BOth of those players can get lost, teh only players who really earn their stats on this team are Harrington, Chandler, Gallo and nate, 4 guys who can create their own shots, and dont depend on a play being run for them to get to the basket.

    Duhon and Lee depend on eachother, when duhon is in the game he over doses on that stupid pick and roll that got scouted out by every nba team 2 months ago. But duhon knows nothing else, he has no athleticism to get to the rim at will, he cant cross players over, and he has no mid range game what so ever. dudes dropping almost as many turnovers as assists since the all star break while nate is coming off the bench to be the 5th leading scorer in the league. and did any one notice

    last two games, Lopez, and Okafor both ****ted on lees head all game long.

    BYE BYE LEE.

  9. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'll say this much...1. this is not a stupid thread..it's actually a good one apparently because it has gotten 7 pages of responses. 2. The reason why I think that Marbury is mentioned so often in a post like this is also apparent..the franchise selected Duhon OVER Marbury. Dantoni acted as if Duhon was our saving grace when it came to signing him. Dispute this if you want...any rational person looked at this decision as wtf? Duhon or should I say Duwho over Marbury? That's crazy.

    I'll be the first to admit that I hated this move when it was made. I thought Marbs deserved a chance and if he sucked in a system like this IN HIS LAST YEAR, then let his failing ass go...simple. Doing that would not have looked nearly as bad as the whole drama with him looked this year. And if he failed then all the Marbury haters would have proved their point once and for all. Duhon was a bum in chicago and when he originally came to NY and all the papers were saying "he's taking the starting spot from Marbury", I was like "bull****"...and then to my surprise he took it or I wouldn't say 'took it' but was given it.

    Duhon started out as expected: slow but then he started showing some signs of life...he was playing decent...he did exceed my expectations but that doesn't say much....if you're trying to get your car to the mechanic 3 blocks away, your car is proven to be a piece of ****, you only expect it to go 1 block but in actuality it makes it 2 blocks, does that make it good that it exceeded your expectations?! Hell no, it's still a piece of **** even though it "exceeded expectations".

    I'm not gonna **** on Duwho but you guys are giving him waaaay more credit than he deserves. I've watched Duhon, who has played under an elite coach in Coach K at DUKE and in the NBA for a few years, play with the IQ level of a middle school ball player. The only thing I've seen him improve on is QUESTIONABLY his 3 point shooting. But the real thing he has improved on is keeping his dribble when he drives. He used to, and I used to want to punch him in his head, drive in the lane, see there's no where to go, and pick his dribble only to be trapped, surrounded, and with nobody to pass to.
    He has made extremely lazy passes, he drives with no purpose (sometimes with one), he drives to a wide-open lay up and dishes it off, and sometimes when he shoots HE HITS THE SIDE OF THE BACKBOARD!!! WTF I've never done that a day in my life. The first time I saw him do that I was laughing and said it must have slipped but then I saw him do it at least three more times and that's when the words 'bum' and 'bench' come out of my mouth.
    Not to mention the recent barrage of turnovers...7,6, 5, 7. Are you kidding me? I don't give a **** how tired you are or if you are injured. If you are that damn tired or injured that you start the game turning the ball over 4 consecutive times to the point that your damn team can't even get a shot up, you need to sit your bum ass down and tell coach i'm too tired or injured for this **** and I don't want to jeopardize my team right now b/c if I start off that bad it usually trickles down to the rest of my teammates. I GUARANTEE that if it was Marbury playing the way Duwho is playing right now, they'd want to hang him.

    The turnovers are inexplicable and that REALLY damages your team. Maybe he needs a rest. So I say stop starting him until he decides I need to be better or drink a red bull before the game, or get some of what Nate is on. I'm not saying he can't contribute because he has but stop giving all this extra credit like we're a winning team at the moment.

    MSG you know I always have your back and I still do b/c I agree with you but the people that don't like marbury have to realize that you know exactly how to get under their skin and they fall right into it and I personally find it hilarious. Swagabury! I laughed my ass off. No disrespect to the people that don't like steph because everyone is entitled to their own opinion but damn! lol it's ok to say once a while, 'you may be right on this one, I can't stand steph but he might have been a decent fit in this system'.

  10. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sorry it was sooooo long lol...I'm in class so what else should I do? lol

  11. #101
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by amilion
    The first time I saw him do that I was laughing and said it must have slipped but then I saw him do it at least three more times and that's when the words 'bum' and 'bench' come out of my mouth.
    Not to mention the recent barrage of turnovers...7,6, 5, 7. Are you kidding me? I don't give a **** how tired you are or if you are injured. If you are that damn tired or injured that you start the game turning the ball over 4 consecutive times to the point that your damn team can't even get a shot up, you need to sit your bum ass down and tell coach i'm too tired or injured for this **** and I don't want to jeopardize my team right now b/c if I start off that bad it usually trickles down to the rest of my teammates. I GUARANTEE that if it was Marbury playing the way Duwho is playing right now, they'd want to hang him.
    Agreed, which goes back to my point that Marbury would have made $21 million and Duhon makes the MLE. If we got what we are getting out of Duhon for $21 million, or really anything other than the mid-level exception, of course NY would be calling for his head on a post. But, since we didn't, and got him for C-Level money, his C-Level play is at least understandable, if not expected.

  12. #102
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    This is a first, me and metro finally agreeing. Duhon and Lee's Numbers both are inflated due to Mike D, BOth of those players can get lost, teh only players who really earn their stats on this team are Harrington, Chandler, Gallo and nate, 4 guys who can create their own shots, and dont depend on a play being run for them to get to the basket.

    Duhon and Lee depend on eachother, when duhon is in the game he over doses on that stupid pick and roll that got scouted out by every nba team 2 months ago. But duhon knows nothing else, he has no athleticism to get to the rim at will, he cant cross players over, and he has no mid range game what so ever. dudes dropping almost as many turnovers as assists since the all star break while nate is coming off the bench to be the 5th leading scorer in the league. and did any one notice

    last two games, Lopez, and Okafor both ****ted on lees head all game long.

    BYE BYE LEE.
    Nah.

    Lee produced the same type of numbers from previous seasons, nothing much has changed except his ppg.
    Lee would average 16 ppg even with you on PPG. This is what happens when you drop Curry/Crawford.

    Lopez/Okafor > Lee.

    Doesn't make Lee terrible because two very good young big men are better than him(well at defense)

    amilion, nice.

  13. #103
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nah.

    Lee produced the same type of numbers from previous seasons, nothing much has changed except his ppg.
    Lee would average 16 ppg even with you on PPG. This is what happens when you drop Curry/Crawford.

    Lopez/Okafor > Lee.

    Doesn't make Lee terrible because two very good young big men are better than him(well at defense)

    amilion, nice.

    AGAINNNN i THINK i HAVE DEFENDED MY WORDS 100 TIMES ON THIS SITE LOL, i NEVER EVER SAID LEE IS TERRIBLE. i JUST SAID LEE IS NOT A PREMIER STARTING PF. COULD YOU IMAGINE THE NUMBERS A PREMIER PF WOULD PUT UP FOR MIKE D..OOO WAIT...AMARE 25 10 3 AND 2 . YEP. PREMEIR SAME AGE. LEE IS NOT THAT AND NEVER WILL BE, PEOPLE FORGET HE WILL BE 27 NEXT YEAR. TWENTTTTY SEVENNN, HE DOESNT HAVE THAT MANY MORE YEARS THE WAY HE BANGS HIS BODY AROUND TO IMPROVE ON THIS SEASON, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE WILL EITHER BE TRADED TO ANOTHER TEAM WITH MORE TALENT AROUND HIM WHERE HIS ROLE PLAYER ABILITIES WILL BE PUT TO THE FOREFRONT, OR THE KNICKS WILL HAVE MORE TALENT AROUND HIM AND SAME DIFFERENCE, LETS JUST HOPE WE DONT ALLEN HOUSTON HIS CONTRACT...I THINK WE ALL REMEMBER THE LAST TIME A PLAYER PUT UP BIG NUMBERS ON A LOSING TEAM HOW BADLY THAT SCREWED US, BACK TO DUHON. ONE SENTENCE EXPLAINS IT ALL

    WE NOW KNOW WHY FOR THE FIRST FOUR SEASONS OF HIS CAREER HE WAS A BACK UP PG.

    WITH THAT BEING SAID, HE IS 26 AND THIS IS ALMOST LIKE HIS ROOKIE YEAR AT BEING A STARTING PG, PLAYING THESE MINUTES, AND RUNNING AN OFFENSE ON HIS OWN, SO HE CAN GO ONE OF TWO WAYS, STAY WHERE HE IS NOW, OR ACTUALLY IMPROVE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE. GOOD THINK DONNIE WALSH IS A GENUIS

    2 YR CONTRACT.

    UNTIL THEN.,

  14. #104
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Chris Duhon- 38 minutes per game...the guy is being over used, cut his minutes by about five and give them to Nate the great.

    Duhon has been an A this year...he's worth a mid level exception and has exceeded all odds and speculation against him. If he had a better shooting team, he'd have over 9 to 10 assists a game. The Knicks are one of the worst shooting teams in basketball people, that hurts Duhon's numbers as a PG if his passes dont go down as assists when they should.

  15. #105
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Chris Duhon- 38 minutes per game...the guy is being over used, cut his minutes by about five and give them to Nate the great.

    Duhon has been an A this year...he's worth a mid level exception and has exceeded all odds and speculation against him. If he had a better shooting team, he'd have over 9 to 10 assists a game. The Knicks are one of the worst shooting teams in basketball people, that hurts Duhon's numbers as a PG if his passes dont go down as assists when they should.
    They've already cut Duhon's minutes, he's only played 32/game in March. The only reason it's 38 mpg on the year is because he played 40 mpg in October and November.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 22:29
  2. Duhon Sits Out Practice
    By JayJ44 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2009, 14:58
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2008, 13:19
  4. Suprise Suprise... Eddy Curry reportedly OUT OF SHAPE!
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2008, 08:46
  5. Knicks Get Duhon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By knicklover in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2008, 18:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •