Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 2-28-09

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    chill im sure you've said things you regret sometime in your life. dude made a mistake and apologized.

You deserve more respect than half of the posters on here.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    What the guy said is not stupid, you're just being a little self righteous. The truth is that people do get tired of seeing a team lose, or with whatever other problem, and they simply change the channel and stop watching, usually only for a while, until things become stable. This is different than jumping on some other team's bandwagon.

For example, after Ewing got traded, for Glen Rice, simply because he had asked for an extra year on his contract, after which he said he'd retire, something the Knicks looked at as an impediment to all of the success they believed they could achieve with Camby, I stopped watching, for about five years, out of disgust at the Knicks' lack of loyalty. It happens. We're not talking about a wife and children, here. Don't get so emotional.
    I wouldn't care if he just said he would take a break. What got me pissed is when he said he wanted the team to lose every game, not to get any free agents, etc. But he said he overreacted, so I dropped it.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    But he said he overreacted, so I dropped it.
    bingo.
    unlike you, people like to overreact for attention i guess

I wouldn't care if he just said he would take a break. What got me pissed is when he said he wanted the team to lose every game, not to get any free agents, etc. But he said he overreacted, so I dropped it.
    yea exactly, if he woulda started out saying he's takin a break, this whole argument wouldent be happening.

Jesus, why do you f'n care so much? Let the man do what he wants, f'n fascists.
    i care cause im a true knick fan but im not even gonna continue arguing from this point on.

Wade: 46 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals.

I guess you got ahead of what Hughes could actually do. Look, the key to a great defense is a shot blocker, who can save a team from people just laying the ball in. Guys are going to beat you off the dribble, no matter who you are, if you're a perimeter player, just like Wade did to Hughes, but the key is to have a great shot blocker to correct mistakes. This is what forces a team to become exclusively perimeter shooters, something the Knicks are not able to do.

Larry got abused, just like Craw would have, if he was still here, except that Craw would have been able to fight back with his greater offensive skills. If we had a real center, with shot blocking ability, no matter what, no matter who we had in the backcourt, Wade, and his teammates, would have had it a lot harder.

If the GM had a brain, we would have kept Craw, Zach and Steph, gotten a new coach, preferably Patrick Ewing, drafted Brook (Pat could mentor him), to replace Curry at center, waived James and have signed some good bench guys, to play in a second unit led by DLee. Think about how good that sort of team would have been, but, oh well: I'm not the Knicks GM.
    ive been saying the same thing about this knick team for the last few years its been consistently overloooked by the front office.

we have no intimidating presence in the middle and teams consistently run a lay-up drill on us. we have to have possibly the worse interior d in the league. until we get a shot blocking presence were gonna always being among the bottom tier in d

Originally Posted by jpz17
    dwade is a future Knicks and we will all go crazy over him in a little while....
    I dont want that fraud on my team. Not doubting his ability, just dont like the way theres certain rules which dont apply to him.

Wade: 46 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals.

I guess you got ahead of what Hughes could actually do. Look, the key to a great defense is a shot blocker, who can save a team from people just laying the ball in. Guys are going to beat you off the dribble, no matter who you are, if you're a perimeter player, just like Wade did to Hughes, but the key is to have a great shot blocker to correct mistakes. This is what forces a team to become exclusively perimeter shooters, something the Knicks are not able to do.

Larry got abused, just like Craw would have, if he was still here, except that Craw would have been able to fight back with his greater offensive skills. If we had a real center, with shot blocking ability, no matter what, no matter who we had in the backcourt, Wade, and his teammates, would have had it a lot harder.

If the GM had a brain, we would have kept Craw, Zach and Steph, gotten a new coach, preferably Patrick Ewing, drafted Brook (Pat could mentor him), to replace Curry at center, waived James and have signed some good bench guys, to play in a second unit led by DLee. Think about how good that sort of team would have been, but, oh well: I'm not the Knicks GM.
    Well, when I posted that, it was mid 3rd quarter and Hughes was doing a pretty fine job defending Wade, forcing him to change shots or give it up when he was looking to shoot. He hadn't even got 20 by that point in the game. In the fourth where Wade exploded, Hughes wasn't even on the court, they brought him in after Wade's scoring spree started, and by that time he was far too deep in the zone to get pulled out.

I agree with what you said about a shotblocker, but Hughes was doing a pretty fine job.

Not to mention, the officiating at the end of this game was diabolical. Not that it's any excuse, but when we're on a 0-12 run and when we get our first good look in 3 minutes they call offensive foul, then defensive foul on the other end... Then Wade barges straight through Hughes and ofc no foul. We probably would have lost anyway but that **** is frustrating.

Veteran

Angry

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    I dont want that fraud on my team. Not doubting his ability, just dont like the way theres certain rules which dont apply to him.

I know one rule D.Wade made perfectly clear....the rule where you show all the Knicks weaknesses for a Knick Loss....he showed that in just 12 minutes by scoring 24 points in the 4th quarter.
    That "certain rule" does not apply to any team Dantoni coach (No Stops in the 4th Qtr.) do Dantoni have a 4th quarter playbook...

Hard to tell this season....our passing-game won us a couple of games playing little to no defense this season (24 wins)....adding Hughes for 32 and more minutes a game put a wrench in our passing-game with Harrington and Nate chucking the ball while Duhon team-work only increase the turnovers each game.

Is Larry Hughes a 32 mpg player this season???

Knicks are the Chicago Cubs of basketball. the way this franchise is run the Grizzlies will win the championship before us.

That's what got me pissed. Like i said if you say bad sh!t about our team GTFO, but you should've just said you're taking a break. For real man, I know you made a mistake, bu wishing bad upon your team is totally unnecessary.

Originally Posted by Knicks07
    yea exactly, if he woulda started out saying he's takin a break, this whole argument wouldent be happening.
    co-Sign. People must learn to control themself. Anyway, its a whole new day, and im done fighting.

lee should take big responsibility for this loss. they drew up a play to go to him and he wasnt even looking for the ball? smh

Whoa now don't be so quick to blame Lee on that lose.Yes he and Duhon got mixed up there at the end but it should'nt hav'nt come down to that.Am I the only one that saw Nate and Harrington throw up brick after brick and bad shot after bad shot after the first quarter on.They're the two that really got the ball rolling for the Heat and their comeback victory.I really like Nate as a player but he HAS to calm down his emotions during a game.He want him to keep the emotion that helps him play better BUT he has to get rid of the emotions that makes him ****y and get into other players faces wanting to fight.

Like I said I like Nate as a player but he has to work on his emotions b/c they will getting nothing but trouble.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Whoa now don't be so quick to blame Lee on that lose.Yes he and Duhon got mixed up there at the end but it should'nt hav'nt come down to that.Am I the only one that saw Nate and Harrington throw up brick after brick and bad shot after bad shot after the first quarter on.They're the two that really got the ball rolling for the Heat and their comeback victory.I really like Nate as a player but he HAS to calm down his emotions during a game.He want him to keep the emotion that helps him play better BUT he has to get rid of the emotions that makes him ****y and get into other players faces wanting to fight.

Like I said I like Nate as a player but he has to work on his emotions b/c they will getting nothing but trouble.
    I agree with you that it shouldn't have come down to that, but the fact is, it did, and both lee and duhon didn't execute.

I agree with you that it shouldn't have come down to that, but the fact is, it did, and both lee and duhon didn't execute.
    No they did'nt exacute the play but like we have said it should'nt have come down to that.Nate and Harrington was the reason it came down to that b/c of their awful play.