New York @ New Jersey Friday April 2nd

allan20

Benchwarmer
nyk.gif
35-40 -
njn.gif
43-31

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The New Jersey Nets can possibly clinch the Atlantic Division title on Friday when they host the New York Knicks at Continental Airlines Arena.

The Nets (43-31) have a 6 1/2-game lead over Miami (37-38 ) and can secure the division title and the second seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs with a victory and a Heat loss at Detroit on Friday.

New Jersey edged Washington on the road on Wednesday, 103-99 in overtime, for just its second victory in eight games.

Richard Jefferson collected 28 points and a season-high 14 rebounds for the Nets, who rallied from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit. All-Star forward Kenyon Martin, who had missed six games with right knee tendinitis, played 12 minutes but sat out the second half with soreness in the knee.

The Knicks (35-40) are in seventh place, one game ahead of eighth-place Boston (34-41).

New York, which is opening a three-game road trip and plays five of its final seven games on the road, has alternated losses and wins over its last six games.

On Monday, the Knicks edged Portland, 92-91, as Tim Thomas scored 26 points and Stephon Marbury added 23, eight assists and seven rebounds and forced Damon Stoudamire into an airball on the final play of the game.

The Nets had won 11 of 12 in the series, including the first two encounters this season, before the Knicks posted a 79-65 home triumph on March 19. The Nets were without Kidd and Martin in that contest.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
you'll also be at the game? i thought you were just joking. anyway, if you have the possibility, take a few pics, i'd love to see some!

prediction: NJ 85 - NY 93

kevin

Benchwarmer
This should be an easy win for the knicks they just have to contain RJ and Lucious Harris has been very surprising lately so Marbury has to do a good job on him tonight.

e_D

Benchwarmer
they need to start dermarr and let shandon come off the bench.. while he may have such great perimeter defense, he takes way too many shots and misses almost all of them. he's a slasher, not a shooter but he doesnt realize that. hes trying to fill allens shoes, thats something no one can do. i guess this guy's too dumb to realize that

Penny#1

Rookie
i happy penny can return and add 14pts,but why Nets without kidd & k-mart can won knicks...i hope Dike canreturn to help knicks def!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I didn't get to watch this one and I'm glad. From what I read, the defense was pathetic in this game. What is the deal with these guys? They can't beat the gimpy Nets, thats one thing, but to get dominated like this. I don't know what else to say, but I'm highly disapointed with this loss.