Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire D'antoni!!!

Default Fire D'antoni!!!

As long as he coaches this team they will not win a championship.

Yeah, lets fire one of the best coaches in the league who has exceeded expectations so far this season with basically the same roster that won 23 games last year.

Real good idea....Oh, that was sarcasm.

How does this roster compare to the roster we had 2 years ago that won 33 games under head coach Isiah Thomas? Will this team win 33 games? Didnt Starbury play most of that year? Weren't injuries the only thing that prevented us from making the playoffs that year?

For the record, I dont like D'antoni. I cant stand Isiah.

D'antoni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isiah

D'antoni is overrated.

His decision making is questionable...but he does have this team well conditioned, and scoring more points then they should be.

If we had a real point guard we would be a playoff team.

D'Antoni >>> Any other coach in the league I will defend that til I die. I've thought that since before he came here!

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Yeah, lets fire one of the best coaches in the league who has exceeded expectations so far this season with basically the same roster that won 23 games last year.

Real good idea....Oh, that was sarcasm.
    WOW Mike D'antoni is a good coach, he told an already established Suns team to run fast.It doesn't take a genious to coach his players into playing an uptempo style without playing a lick of defense.If he was such a good coach he would of took that team to the NBA finals, which never happened.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    How does this roster compare to the roster we had 2 years ago that won 33 games under head coach Isiah Thomas? Will this team win 33 games? Didnt Starbury play most of that year? Weren't injuries the only thing that prevented us from making the playoffs that year?

For the record, I dont like D'antoni. I cant stand Isiah.

D'antoni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isiah

D'antoni is overrated.

His decision making is questionable...but he does have this team well conditioned, and scoring more points then they should be.

I completely agree with you, his overrated style of coaching is being exposed game by game.Hopefully he will be gone before his contract is up.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    co f*cken sign. throw any starting point guard in the lineup and we got ourselves a 40+ win team.

Fire this thread maker, next.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    D'Antoni >>> Any other coach in the league I will defend that til I die. I've thought that since before he came here!
    Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

Greg Popavich= 3 championships

Larry Brown= 1 championship

Pat Riley= 1 championship

Doc Rivers=1 championship

Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance

Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    co f*cken sign. throw any starting point guard in the lineup and we got ourselves a 40+ win team.
    D'antoni had the best point guard for his system for 4 straight seasons and that guy still couldn't stop Tony Parker on defense.You could put Magic Johnson in his prime to play under the D'antoni system and it still wouldn't be enough.

Originally Posted by Red
    Fire this thread maker, next.
    I don't coach an NBA team into choking games with 15 point leads in the 4th quarter.

He would of won a championship, but couldn't because of bad luck. Players getting injured, suspended.

If he's such a bad coach, I wonder why he was an assistant on the olympic team. And why he's being considered for head coach in 2012. And why nearly ever star player in the league loves him. And why this team is overachieving with a very untalented roster.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I don't coach an NBA team into choking games with 15 point leads in the 4th quarter.
    dantoni's far from a great coach, but this one wasnt on him. it was clearly on the players. he went with what he knew in the final minutes with the pick and roll-the players didnt execute-poor pass by duhon/poor awareness by lee

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    This is emotional. Get a tissue

then realize it wont change until we get better players.

close thread.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    He would of won a championship, but couldn't because of bad luck. Players getting injured, suspended.

If he's such a bad coach, I wonder why he was an assistant on the olympic team. And why he's being considered for head coach in 2012. And why nearly ever star player in the league loves him. And why this team is overachieving with a very untalented roster.

I don't think he's a horrible coach, I just don't see him as a championship coach.The Knicks have some talent in their roster with the combination of Lee, Robinson, Chandler and Gallinari but for some reason I don't think that D'antoni is the right coach for these guys.The Sixers,Bucks and Bulls are not that ahead of us talent wise and yet we are trailing behind them in the standings.D'antoni is a good personality when it comes to motivating his players but getting your players prepared emotionally is not the same as creating a game plan that can beat other teams on the court.I'm not putting the Knicks in the same talent level as Cleveland,Boston or Orlando but this team has made a lot of foolish mistakes that have cost them at least 5 wins this season.Including tonights 4th quarter collapse which was painful to watch.