Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 125

Thread: Fire D'antoni!!!

  1. #46
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

    Greg Popavich= 3 championships

    Larry Brown= 1 championship

    Pat Riley= 1 championship

    Doc Rivers=1 championship

    Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance


    Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?
    Jerry Sloan doesn't have a ring either *******. He's the most legendary coach alive. Who asked you to join the site. Get the hell out of here jackass. We have enough retards on here.

  2. #47
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    As long as he coaches this team they will not win a championship.
    I agree, defense wins championships and Mike D'Antoni dosn't have a good defensive set. He had all the offense in the world in Phoenix but couldn't get by a defensive team like San Antonio. He is a regular season coach but when the game change in the playoffs he is average at best.

  3. #48
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Mike D'Antoni is a good coach, but I don't think he belongs on the Knicks. Patrick Ewing deserved the head coaching job more than he did. D'Antoni's doing the best he can, with the team he has, but it's partially his fault why the team is struggling. He had a chance to turn this team into a playoff team this year, had he drafted Brook Lopez and played Marbury with Duhon in the backcourt. The Knicks are only a couple of games behind the 8th seed. The Knicks could have easily won the extra 2 or 3 games, with a lineup of Duhon, Starbury, Chandler, Randolph or Lee, and Lopez, with Robinson, Harrington or Crawford, and Jeffries off the bench.

  4. #49
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    As long as he coaches this team they will not win a championship.
    Ok you take Isiah thomas and I'll take Mike D and we'll see who is the better coach...we dont have great players...Mike D is doing good with what he has.

  5. #50
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Jerry Sloan doesn't have a ring either *******. He's the most legendary coach alive. Who asked you to join the site. Get the hell out of here jackass. We have enough retards on here.
    Reported for vulgarity, profanity and personal attack!

    Listen if you can't act like a civilized human being than you belong in a mental institution and not an internet forum.Enough said!

  6. #51
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    the Knicks haven't won a championship for an eternity that it doesn't affect the fans, they just want some excitement and a couple of wins and change and they will be pacified so D'Antoni will be fine.

    If I wanted to watch an exciting Knicks team I would just watch old videos of the Knicks of the 90's.I get tired of watching the rest of the league win championships and the Knicks never even making the promise land.

  7. #52
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    When you win a championship it doesn't mean you are a good coach, heck Doc Rivers even won one

    Doc Rivers isn't that bad of a coach, before the great reformation of the Boston Celtics he took his teams to the NBA playoffs four different times.He just never had the right players to win a championship.

  8. #53
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Ok you take Isiah thomas and I'll take Mike D and we'll see who is the better coach...we dont have great players...Mike D is doing good with what he has.
    Anyone can do better than Isiah Thomas.Any coach with a brain can win more than 23 games during an NBA regular season.

  9. #54
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    If I wanted to watch an exciting Knicks team I would just watch old videos of the Knicks of the 90's.I get tired of watching the rest of the league win championships and the Knicks never even making the promise land.
    I agree...Its been too long since the Knicks have won a championship. I started watchin in 94 when they went to the finals and...yea, yall know the rest.

    The question is, is Mike D'antoni capable of coaching this team to a championship with the right players? Or does he not coach enough defense?

    I can see a good argument both ways. Phoenix came very close a couple times to beating the Spurs, if the suspensions didnt happen 2 years ago who knows what would have happened.

    I dont like D'antoni as a person. I think hes a jerk and hes too tense. I hate watching some of his interviews. We dont exactly have the best players here right now, so as much as I would like to say hes not the right man for the job, i cant provide enough evidence to back that up.

    The only thing I can do is bring up the team from 2 years ago that won 33 games under Isiah Thomas...a team that probably would have won 3 to 5 more games and maybe made the playoffs if it wasnt for injuries. And in no way am I defending Isiah, but which roster was better? The team from 2 years ago...

    marbury
    Crawford
    Q-Rich
    Frye
    Curry
    Balkman
    Nate R.
    Lee
    Steve Francis
    Rose
    Jeffries
    Cato
    R Morris
    Jerome James


    Is that team better then our current roster?

    Looking at that roster, the first thing i notice is the credit Marbury deserves for helping Curry average 19.5 points, and almost leading that team to the playoffs. They probably would have been in if it wasnt for injuries. Marbury played his heart out that year, which knicks fans quickly forgot. I never liked him that much myself prior to that year.

    Back on topic...I like the current roster more.

    Nate and Lee are older, and better
    Harrington >> Crawford
    Frye is useless
    We didnt have Wilson Chandler

    The only thing that I dont like more about our current roster is that we have an average point guard (Duhon) running the team, instead of Starbury. But other then that...

    Will the Knicks win 9 more games and tie our record from 2 years ago?

    Is that a valid method of measuring how good of a coach D'antoni is?

  10. #55
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,494
    Rep Power
    20

    Default No-D'Antoni

    I think No-D'Antoni is a decent coach, bringing out the best offense in his players. However, any coach who thinks offense wins games, is off his rocker. Any sports fan, no matter what sport, knows defense wins games.

    Is it D'Antoni's doing the Knicks chose Gallo over Eric Gordon, who is starting to look like a superstar PG? No-D'ant would have been killed by the Italian mafia if he didn't pick his godson as the #6 pick in the draft. Not his fault.

    Is it D'Antoni's fault Walsh traded our 2 highest scoring players a couple weeks into the season, agreeing to take on Mobley without medical conditions? That ruined anything the Knicks had going on to that point. When we finally got our act together, we were hit by the offensive powerhouses of the league (Kobe, Lebron, Celts), just too much for a non-defensive team. No wonder Wade walked over us.

    Is it D'Antoni's fault that he refused to play Marbury (even Walsh was surprised) to make him tradeable? Asking Steph to play only because we were short on players was a major diss to Steph, and the fact that we paid him close to a full salary for doing absolutely nothing is a joke. You have to blame Walsh for not discussing with No-D'Antoni the Marbury situation before the year started. How many players in the league, being paid $20Million a year, would have been benched, because the team is going in a different direction? What does that mean?

    WHAT DIRECTION ARE WE HEADED MIKEY? No-D'antoni has never made that clear, how has not playing Stephon in the first place been consistent with any winning direction? The Celtics paid 1.3 million for a 20/8 superstar, now THAT is a team with a winning mentality. I just can't stand watching Marbury do well for another team, much less the hated Celtics.
    I am SO MAD!

    Although I don't like D'Antoni, he's better than Isiah ever was. But then again, Isiah was not supposed to coach in the first place. Another bonehead Dolan move to avoid paying a new coach. I blame Dolan for everything... he's the one who should be fired.

  11. #56
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I think No-D'Antoni is a decent coach, bringing out the best offense in his players. However, any coach who thinks offense wins games, is off his rocker. Any sports fan, no matter what sport, knows defense wins games.

    Is it D'Antoni's doing the Knicks chose Gallo over Eric Gordon, who is starting to look like a superstar PG? No-D'ant would have been killed by the Italian mafia if he didn't pick his godson as the #6 pick in the draft. Not his fault.

    Is it D'Antoni's fault Walsh traded our 2 highest scoring players a couple weeks into the season, agreeing to take on Mobley without medical conditions? That ruined anything the Knicks had going on to that point. When we finally got our act together, we were hit by the offensive powerhouses of the league (Kobe, Lebron, Celts), just too much for a non-defensive team. No wonder Wade walked over us.

    Is it D'Antoni's fault that he refused to play Marbury (even Walsh was surprised) to make him tradeable? Asking Steph to play only because we were short on players was a major diss to Steph, and the fact that we paid him close to a full salary for doing absolutely nothing is a joke. You have to blame Walsh for not discussing with No-D'Antoni the Marbury situation before the year started. How many players in the league, being paid $20Million a year, would have been benched, because the team is going in a different direction? What does that mean?

    WHAT DIRECTION ARE WE HEADED MIKEY? No-D'antoni has never made that clear, how has not playing Stephon in the first place been consistent with any winning direction? The Celtics paid 1.3 million for a 20/8 superstar, now THAT is a team with a winning mentality. I just can't stand watching Marbury do well for another team, much less the hated Celtics.
    I am SO MAD!

    Although I don't like D'Antoni, he's better than Isiah ever was. But then again, Isiah was not supposed to coach in the first place. Another bonehead Dolan move to avoid paying a new coach. I blame Dolan for everything... he's the one who should be fired.
    I seriously loled when you called Eric Gordon a point guard.

  12. #57
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I think No-D'Antoni is a decent coach, bringing out the best offense in his players. However, any coach who thinks offense wins games, is off his rocker. Any sports fan, no matter what sport, knows defense wins games.
    D'antoni knows that too. But it's hard to be a good defensive team when all your players suck at defense. Even still, we're a better defensive team then we were last year.

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Is it D'Antoni's doing the Knicks chose Gallo over Eric Gordon, who is starting to look like a superstar PG? No-D'ant would have been killed by the Italian mafia if he didn't pick his godson as the #6 pick in the draft. Not his fault.
    Eric Gordon is a chucker, another Crawford, except more athletic. I'm glad we didn't draft him. Gallo is 6'10 who can shoot, handle the ball, and pass. That was a good pick. Maybe you could argue that we should have drafted Brook Lopez, but it's still a good pick. Oh, and bringing up the mafia, very mature...

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Is it D'Antoni's fault Walsh traded our 2 highest scoring players a couple weeks into the season, agreeing to take on Mobley without medical conditions? That ruined anything the Knicks had going on to that point. When we finally got our act together, we were hit by the offensive powerhouses of the league (Kobe, Lebron, Celts), just too much for a non-defensive team. No wonder Wade walked over us.
    Those were good trades. Crawford was a liability on defense, and inefficient offensively. As MSG said, Harrington>>>Crawford. Randolph was also overrated. He had a low FG% for a big man, his defense was very bad, and his contract was way too big. We were lucky to be able to get rid of him.

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Is it D'Antoni's fault that he refused to play Marbury (even Walsh was surprised) to make him tradeable? Asking Steph to play only because we were short on players was a major diss to Steph, and the fact that we paid him close to a full salary for doing absolutely nothing is a joke. You have to blame Walsh for not discussing with No-D'Antoni the Marbury situation before the year started. How many players in the league, being paid $20Million a year, would have been benched, because the team is going in a different direction? What does that mean?

    WHAT DIRECTION ARE WE HEADED MIKEY? No-D'antoni has never made that clear, how has not playing Stephon in the first place been consistent with any winning direction? The Celtics paid 1.3 million for a 20/8 superstar, now THAT is a team with a winning mentality. I just can't stand watching Marbury do well for another team, much less the hated Celtics.
    I am SO MAD!
    No argument here, I agree.

  13. #58
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I agree...Its been too long since the Knicks have won a championship. I started watchin in 94 when they went to the finals and...yea, yall know the rest.

    The question is, is Mike D'antoni capable of coaching this team to a championship with the right players? Or does he not coach enough defense?

    I can see a good argument both ways. Phoenix came very close a couple times to beating the Spurs, if the suspensions didnt happen 2 years ago who knows what would have happened.

    I dont like D'antoni as a person. I think hes a jerk and hes too tense. I hate watching some of his interviews. We dont exactly have the best players here right now, so as much as I would like to say hes not the right man for the job, i cant provide enough evidence to back that up.

    The only thing I can do is bring up the team from 2 years ago that won 33 games under Isiah Thomas...a team that probably would have won 3 to 5 more games and maybe made the playoffs if it wasnt for injuries. And in no way am I defending Isiah, but which roster was better? The team from 2 years ago...

    marbury
    Crawford
    Q-Rich
    Frye
    Curry
    Balkman
    Nate R.
    Lee
    Steve Francis
    Rose
    Jeffries
    Cato
    R Morris
    Jerome James


    Is that team better then our current roster?

    Looking at that roster, the first thing i notice is the credit Marbury deserves for helping Curry average 19.5 points, and almost leading that team to the playoffs. They probably would have been in if it wasnt for injuries. Marbury played his heart out that year, which knicks fans quickly forgot. I never liked him that much myself prior to that year.

    Back on topic...I like the current roster more.

    Nate and Lee are older, and better
    Harrington >> Crawford
    Frye is useless
    We didnt have Wilson Chandler

    The only thing that I dont like more about our current roster is that we have an average point guard (Duhon) running the team, instead of Starbury. But other then that...

    Will the Knicks win 9 more games and tie our record from 2 years ago?

    Is that a valid method of measuring how good of a coach D'antoni is?
    A lot of people like to rip apart everything that Isiah Thomas did when he was with the Knicks.So you will always see Knick fans on here quickly praise Mike D'antoni and denounce Isiah Thomas.These fans make a habbit of categorizing Thomas as some kind of horrible coach who never got his players to play winning basketball.I agree that he was a very terrible GM when it came to trades and signing free agents.I believe that his strength as a GM was recognizing talent at the non NBA level and drafting the right guys.People also forget that he took an Indiana Pacers to the playoffs a number of times and almost took us to the playoffs 2 seasons ago.I get sick and tired of people defending Marbury and making him seem like he was the scapegoat for Isiah Thomas' blunders when in reality it was the other way around.Any player that quits on his coach and his team shouldn't be viewed upon as a victim or should receive special sympathy from fans.The Knicks were a locker room disaster last season because of Stephon Marbury and not Isiah Thomas.I am not defending Isiah or taking any accountability off of him but to blame him for everything negative that happened to the Knicks last season is ridiculously insane.

    As for the comparison of the Knicks from 2 years ago to the Knicks of today.It is obvious that the 2006-07 Knicks were a lot more talented than today's Knicks.

    When Marbury was putting his team above himself he did a much better job than what Chris Duhon is doing now.No knock on Duhon but Marbury wins by a landslide.

    Crawford and Harrington are basically the same, they take terrible shots and they're ball hogs that seem to go on more bad shooting streaks than they do good ones.

    Chandler and Q-rich are a lot better than Frye but what NBA player isn't better than Frye.

    Eddie Curry at his best was better than anyone that we put at the center position now.No knock on David Lee but knick fans know that he is more of a power forward.

    Balkman was a nice defensive player for the Knicks during his rookie year and I would take his defense over Gallinari's offense any day of the week.

    David Lee and Nate Robinson are much developed players now like you mentioned before.Even the Jared Jeffries of today is playing a lot better than the one of back then.

    The rest of the 2006-07 roster was a joke.You had guys like Cato,Rose and Morris that were taking up space on the bench and you had one of Isiah's dumb moves in Steve Francis who was one of the biggest busts in NBA history.I'm glad that the guy turned out to have such a miserable career after peeing on the Grizzlies organization during the 99' NBA draft.

    The combination of Marbury and Curry is a lot better than the combination of Duhon and Lee.As much as I like the talent that the NYK have on their team they are about 5 wins worse than the 2006-07 team.It was bad luck for Isiah Thomas when they suffered through late season injuries.It would of been interesting to watch the Knicks take on the 1st place Pistons in the first round but I guess the past was meant to be for the NYK and their fans.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Mar 03, 2009 at 19:52.

  14. #59
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Marbury played his heart out that year, which knicks fans quickly forgot. I never liked him that much myself prior to that year.
    its so sad that knicks fan forget this. i remember a while back i posted stats from this season...

    Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    you cant really jjudge by tht record, b/c our overall record sucks. But we are NOT a better team witout steph. He is a top 10 pg no doubt. When healthy he his the best player on this team. Steph steps up when needed the most. Do i have to bring up the stats from last year again??? There is no way this team is better without stephon marbury. period. wate a minute, i will bring up those stats one more time for all the haters:

    DECEMBER

    12/1 - 13 pts, 6 assists
    12/2 - 15 pts 4 asst
    12/4 - 16, 6
    12/6 - 16, 4
    12/9 - 2, 9assists
    12/16 - 31, 8
    12/18 - 29, 8
    12/20 - 10, 9
    12/22 - 19, 8
    12/27 - 41, 8
    12/29 - 14, 8

    JANUARY

    1/2 - 17, 8
    1/3 - 17, 7
    1/5 - 28, 4
    1/10 - 24, 6
    1/12 - 28, 5
    1/15 - 25, 8, 4 STEALS
    1/17 - 9, 8
    1/19 - 23, 7
    1/20 - 22, 6
    1/26 - 9, 13
    1/28 - 15, 8
    1/30 - 22, 1


    FEBRUARY

    2/3 - 14, 2
    2/6 - 15, 7
    2/10 - 7, 6
    2/13 - 8, 9
    2/14 - 7, 8
    2/23 - 22, 8
    2/25 - 22, 2
    2/28 - 23, 6

    MARCH

    3/2 - 34, 5
    3/3 - 38, 9, 5 STEALS
    3/6 - 40, 3
    3/10 - 15, 5
    3/14 - 31, 9
    3/16 - 8, 5
    3/18 - 21, 9
    3/22 - 17, 6
    3/26 - 32, 4
    3/28 - 16,8
    3/30 - 43, 3

    APRIL

    4/4 - 30, 6
    4/6 - 6, 0 (12 MINUTES)

  15. #60
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Some of you people are absolutely rediculous. Yea lets fire the coach who has gotten a whole team of role players to play fairly well this season. In reality we don't even have a player who would be a second option on a good team playing on our roster. In my book we've over achieved immensely.

    Go read some posts from the summer where everybody was predicting we would be a 30 win team. Hey fellas we are going to end up somehwere in the 30's and considering we were the laughing stock on the league last year thats a step in the right direction. Last year half the games were over at halftime. This team battles atleast. Despite all our defeciencies as a team were in every game. This is a league of superstars and we don't have a superstar.

    Walsh and D'Antoni have devolped the young guys, gave us cap space, and have started to remove the stains of the last regime. But hey lets fire the coach and GM because this team was supposed to magically make the finals this year??? Get the **** outta here people start using your heads.

    People were so caught up in making the 8th seed that they were blinded. IN reality who cares if we make the 8th seed and get swept by Lebron. Lets hope to get lucky in the lottery and add another piece to the puzzle.

    Stop living in the past... Marbury, Isiah, Channing fyre, Crawford, Randolph are gone. Enjoy the rebuilding process and get ready for the rebirth. And don't hate for the sole pupose of hating.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2008, 18:13
  4. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 11:23
  5. New York Knicks@ Boston Celtics
    By D-Lee42fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2007, 23:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •